All PvP gear to be the same expertise level.

Gnoblesse

Well, that will never happen unless BioWare hires Hugh Fleming himself to design the gear because the current gear is far from being worthy of the grind on appearance alone. Stats and customization drive this game right now, and I don't see that changing without a serious creative overhaul of the armor and items.

LOL, I agree with you there :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easily fixed by implementing a tier system based on gear.

separating queues by gear will solve nothing. gear is just another representation of how much time you have invested into your character; skill has nothing to do with it.

matchmaking would be nice. turn non-ranked into a solo-queue version of ranked, at least as far as giving out ratings. dont make the public, but it will allow players to be separated based on skill level

I don't understamd why there has to be expertise at all, provided that they have pvp earned gear on par with pve earned gear. I mean, you can put a ton of time in earning either set BiS, so why not let us use them interchangeebly. The only reason this mechanic was invented was from WoW when it created resilience because raiders were killing in battlefields. But every thing has changed so much now, more people are raiding, comms/tokens exist to gear up now, looking for raid, story modes, etc. The whole concept seems antiquated and just a forced gear grind to get two sets, which doest have to be that way if you keep the verticle gear progressios harmonized. There doesnt need to be a high gear gap because, hey, now you get tionese for free just like mk-2 recruit. Or maybe thats just too much work for them. Edited by sippelmc

They have to be separated, or at least the BIS pvp must be obtainable with PVP only. That's cause a dedicated pvper would feel pretty bad to be forced on endgame pve content just to be competitive in pvp. But if there is no pvp dedicated stat, chances are that such BIS pvp is also BIS pve, so you are now forcing pve players to grind pvp...

No sorry, a dedicated pvp stat is needed.

Edited by Spoletta

They have to be separated, or at least the BIS pvp must be obtainable with PVP only. That's cause a dedicated pvper would feel pretty bad to be forced on endgame pve content just to be competitive in pvp. But if there is no pvp dedicated stat, chances are that such BIS pvp is also BIS pve, so you are now forcing pve players to grind pvp...

No sorry, a dedicated pvp stat is needed.

I know we all say this but I think I used to have the most fun in pvp before all the mmo's went to separate pvp sets. Seem like there was just more pvper's back in those days and lots of variety. Hard to explain, but pvp these days don't seem like the old days. I miss them.

Yeah, not everybody is aware of the free recruit gear at 50. If I see anybody under 14k or so, i'll inspect them, and if they have no PvP gear, i'll let them know about the recruit set. Haven't had to do it too often though, so I guess word is getting out.

Back on topic, I like the idea of equal expertise. The difference in main stat/endurance on Recruit vs Elite War Hero is enough that the war hero still has a marked advantage. But once they make this change it will be a little more about skill/timing of attacks. I hope they implement this soon!

lol gear change is not going to help at all! It's the dang Resolve bar and being Chain CC that makes this game have no skill at all he who has more CC win's I guess alot of you don't do warzones??The CC break is a 2 min cool down that is a joke being chain choked flash banged what ever stun it might be slows the game down period..They need to change the break to 30 seconds are make you immune after one big stun i can wear blue gear and still kill warhero players with the right cc's!As well they need to put in lock out timmers for people that rage quit a warzone! Edited by C-rom

lol gear change is not going to help at all! It's the dang Resolve bar and being Chain CC that makes this game have no skill at all he who has more CC win's I guess alot of you don't do warzones??The CC break is a 2 min cool down that is a joke being chain choked flash banged what ever stun it might be slows the game down period..They need to change the break to 30 seconds are make you immune after one big stun i can wear blue gear and still kill warhero players with the right cc's!As well they need to put in lock out timmers for people that rage quit a warzone!

You can kill a war hero in blue PvE gear? I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on that one.

Not to toot my own horn, but looks like they are going to make Expertise as it should be without adding more gear grinds.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=564168

They still need to buff recruit gear though.... I say add a Mk6 aug slot for good measure... and for gods sakes offer a trade-in for legacy gear for comms.....:mad: If you know, and acknowledged, you fudged up, at least give EVERYONE an "out".

This along with a smaller gap between tiers will go a long way to fixing PVP in SWTOR. I think you do need something of a gear grind, but right now it's just ridiculous. Unless you're in a PVP guild and spend all your time PVPVing the grind is too long right now. With smaller gear gaps and static expertise, a skilled player will be able to take out a better geared but inferior player. Right now a full BM cannot for the most part take out a full WH unless they're horrible. It will also make it less horrible to pug when you don't get stuck with a bunch of fresh 50's or casual players in recruit against a pre-made with full WH. At least if you lose it won't be a complete faceroll.

Now all they have to do is fix the perma-stuns and horrible class balance. They should at least make snares and roots add to your resolve, that right there would make a big difference. And why is it that every time they buff or nerf something to "balance" PVP, it ends up creating some huge imbalance somewhere else? OK, that's enough of my off topic rant.

ill be happy with this when they fix the tank gear stats to actually tank dmg... my shield and absorb stats which account for 1/4 of every mod/enhancement in my gear is worthless...

right now i rely on my expertise(1370) to give me an edge over most others in bm wth the dmg reduction i get.... BUT once they give everyone the same, then tanks will be even more than useless in pvp.. tack that on with all my augmented wh gear will now be basically bm and have to regrind.... i feel royally screwed... the new year will not see my sub

yes bioware keep handing out crap fr the lil f2p kiddy players and stomp on your long term subs.. thats a great business plan

im so sick of this game

lol gear change is not going to help at all! It's the dang Resolve bar and being Chain CC that makes this game have no skill at all he who has more CC win's I guess alot of you don't do warzones??The CC break is a 2 min cool down that is a joke being chain choked flash banged what ever stun it might be slows the game down period..They need to change the break to 30 seconds are make you immune after one big stun i can wear blue gear and still kill warhero players with the right cc's!As well they need to put in lock out timmers for people that rage quit a warzone!

the reason people rage quit is cause f the chain stuns and bs....