Class Feedback

CommunitySupport

Sorcs are a free kill. Not even close to a glass canon... if you are a glass canon you should be doing excellent DPS and being killed easily.. we are just being killed easily.

Anyone saying heals are fine.. well not many sorcs are healing... because all other heals do better. So I guess to live we go heals and heal ourselves... makes no sense. This class has no niche.

I have played many mmo's and I am not waiting on the devs to figure out their own game. It's a done deal when GW2 comes out.

Edited by Geckobros

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How do you think your Sorcerer spec is perceived by other classes?

glass cannon without bullets easy kill with no major ability to avoid major burst and a good bet to engage 1v1 solo because one misclick+great interrupt on force lightning (main low cost hit without cool down or cast time) and they are now kiting for life (imagine Darth Malak kiting would that be a fun movie to watch or be?).

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Weak/support class with little ability to change the outcome of a game and I would rather play my other toons then my favorite class. :(

Top tier spells are worthless in comparison to other classes:

Cast time and minor in perspective of other classes DPS hit = death

19 sec dot 2 sec root= death and number padding after death

AOE heal = temporary number padding vs other AOE DPS

Edited by Kegparty

glass cannon without bullets easy kill with no major ability to avoid major burst and a good bet to engage 1v1 solo because one misclick+great interrupt on force lightning (main low cost hit without cool down or cast time) and they are now kiting for life (imagine Darth Malak kiting would that be a fun movie to watch or be?).

Weak/support class with little ability to change the outcome of a game and I would rather play my other toons then my favorite class. :(

Top tier spells are worthless in comparison to other classes:

Cast time and minor in perspective of other classes DPS hit = death

19 sec dot 2 sec root= death and number padding after death

AOE heal = temporary number padding vs other AOE DPS

One thing that Sorcs excel in this game is the ability to pad beautiful beautiful numbers on the scoreboard. Both DPS and Heal.

While Madness is overall in good shape IMO Lightning simply dont cut it as the intended design of turret DPS.

In PvP Lightning tree is mainly used for its lower tier talent for CC and Control which is a shame. Our 31 point talent simply isnt as unique/useful/fearsome as most other classes 31 pt ultimate. Few example...

(Pyrotech 31pt for PT) Thermal Detenator, purposely designed to delay the damage and line up and burst with your other attacks, AND it burst hard as well. Small heat cost as a flame burst but burst 3 times harder.

(Annihilation 31 pt for marauder) Annihilate purposely designed to give marauder's bleed/dot tree a great single blow burst. One of the hardest hitting attack marauders got. As you keep it on CD, it places a buff on you which reduce the cooldown time on Annihilate so you can use it more and more often.

(Carnage 31pt for Marauder) Massacre. Spammable and it Brilliantly replace marauder's normal attack filler Vicious Slash while providing slightly more damage (same rage cost) on hit, 100% proc chance for Ataru extra hit AND gives you a buff that increase Ataru proc chance for all your following attack AND also gives you a buff that increase your force scream damage AND make it auto crit.

(Darkness 31pt for Sin) Wither. One of the most powerful AoE control (15 second 50% slow no target limitation works on all enemy around you w/ just 7.5 second CD) with decent damage. Also procs harness darkness that makes your force lightning hit for upto 75% harder WHILE healing youself while damaging enemy.

Just some examples right on top of my head.

On the other hand... we got

Creeping Darkness thats 18 second dot with very weak damage, roots for 2 second. The main reason of casting this is usually due to its root (so we can **** for a whole 2 seconds). You can NOT reliably use it for damage because its also got a CD on it so you cant waste it and have it on CD when that angry marauder charges you.

Thundering Blast thats nothing but a 3.5k damage crit when target has affliction on them. WITH a whooping 2 second casting time! That's it. Nothing special about it no buff no debuff no nothing. Assuming affliction is magically up on all your enemy 100% of the time, Thundering Blast is just that nothing but a 3-4k crit AND it still has a decently long cooldown.

See the differences?

Edited by warultima

Madness DPS (31 points).

Good dps BUT no real burst (with the talent you can increase your crit chance by 60% - 2 uses or 2 targets hit by death field and thats all).

Low survival = easy kill (only merc/commando easier to kill). You cannot run from a mara or pt (both op classes atm). One will jump to you and the other will pull u to him.

Madness DPS (31 points). I like the dps but i'd like some burst. maybe change the 4piece bonus from force master set to the one assassin's got? 3 uses of recklessness.

Or i don't see why our whirlwind should break on our DOT damage (if other sorc dots the same target then it breaks if only u dot the target with your whirlwind it doesn't). That would be great for survival vs 1 on 1 situations. Or make alacrity affect the dot's duration: crushing darkness, affliction and creeping terror OR only creeping terror (our burst increases).

I often run out of force - esp when facing a few healers but not only then. I'm useless at that point. Some classes like mara can dps all the time i have to run and wait for out of combat state. Draining my own health is suicide in most cases. IMO the lightning effusion skill should be in tier 2 not tier 4 in the ligthing tree.

For survival maybe u'd want to move to tier 2 the backlash skill - now tier 4 in the ligthing tree.

• 2 months later...

An "easy" kill. I won't say it is a free kill because that is far from the truth. You want a free kill then you take a look at the class you seem to think is now viable with an interrupt, Commando/Mercenary. On the subject of Sorcerers only, we are an easy kill. People know that properly specced in PvP we have a good amount of CC. The problem is it can almost instantly be negated. The stun on the bubble and our actual stun are fine, but like I said everyone has an ungodly amount of gap closers and as the only class with light armor (I don't count assassins because they have immunity and vanish cooldowns not to mention a tank spec) this just equals a easy kill.

Like you guys have no idea what you want to do with it. Simple as that. I can't speak for other classes but when the hybrid specs for a class are really the only option for decent survivability and fair damage, you clearly have no direction for the class. Sure madness has damage with fair CC but let's be honest here, if a team really wanted to shut the Sorcerer down they'd just stick two or so melee on him, one with roots (IE carnage). I won't even get into purging the dots which also screws our force regen and our damage. At least with lethality snipers their dots are reapplied when purged.

Lightning isn't and should never even be considered for PvP, not even unranked. Any half decent melee will see the thundering blast or pub equivalent and interrupt lightning strike/disturbance and lightning/telekinetics is shut down. I wouldn't have a problem with this painfully obvious turret spec if it actually did damage but it doesn't. Lightning Strike, Chain Lightning, and Thundering Blast all do terrible damage which means not only are we sitting there completely still, we also gain nothing from it.

And I'll keep it short for healing. Sure we have the best aoe heal spell in the game, (and even that is up for debate as far as pvp is concerned) but every single one of our spells takes a year and a half to finish casting and is comparable to other healers spells who take half the duration to cast. Seeing as how melee get the shortest cooldown on interrupts that is all that is needed to shut down or at the very least bug the hell out of the healer.

In short, you don't know what you're doing. Usually classes with the lightest armor have some sort of damage and CC. We have the CC and we have inflated numbers thanks to multidotting. All the elitists can claim that it's a matter of learning how to play, but the truth is, it isn't. Just because YOU personally can take on everyone in your server because you have a brain and they don't, doesn't make the class balanced.

Edited by Psirebral

One of two situations: A sitting duck (literally) for classes to focus-fire first and get out of the way first in the match OR a far off caster-type turret class that is below notice compared to the healer/tank/mobile DPS in the fighting hot spot.

Lightning Tree (All my opinion based on personal experience)

Lightning Sorc has good burst but lacks mobility which kills the class.

In normal PVE, the class functions fine for a ranged DPS.

In Operations, the class suffers from being made useless due to lack of mobility during encounters where the class is forced to move around, with Shock and Affliction being our only tools when mobile (which can range from "every now and then" to "way too often" during a boss encounter). They are also weak tools while on the move and contribute little to nothing. When able to actually stand its ground and keep a steady rotation, the class functions decently but is not considered worth more or less than any other class.

In WZs and pvp in general, the class functions absolutely horribly. Due to the cast bar heavy gameplay, interrupts and pushbacks on our cast time greatly hinders the class (which happens often) and the time to generate it by default allows opponents to easily break line of sight (wasting DPS on the casting time). 1.4 has boosted the usefulness on our tools to run from combat but doing so does not help us in pvp, where we need to defend/support objectives with DPS. The class often gets killed before any major casting can get done due to our squishiness and the aformentioned pushbacks and interrupts on our casting.

Our rotation is strong and has a flow and rhythm that feels fun and exciting but the class gets killed when being kited or kiting in our DPS department and our lack of mobility otherwise hinders our ability to move around the ever changing PVP battlefield.

In short: The class has good burst and potential but is grievously faulted by a lack of mobility which is the deciding factor (imo) on the effectivity of a class in pvp (factoring into their adaptability and utility in multiple situations during pvp as well as objectives from WZs).

The class needs fixes to mobility so that our burst numbers become effective (if not comparable) for WZs and Operations. Thundering Blast and Lightning Striker in particular have too long a cast time and should either be allowed to be used while moving or have a method of allowing Lightning Strike to be cast while moving.

Lighting Spec

1) I don't see many people with this spec. People complain about it, use madness (for god's sake i can't figure out why this is. It's soooo boring, especially in PVP). And healing is not my thing.

I think that most people do not understand the need for rotation, how to play the class, or how to gear, so they have poor results and they complain. Also, most the the threads are wrong too. It's like the blind leading the blind so few actually learn how to play.

And i like the fact that there are not really that many people that know how to play this class and that complain. It's more opportunity for me to outshine others.

2) I have all classes on both sides, third chapters, and levels 50's. This this is my favorite and most viable class. There is something about shooting lighting that is really cool. I have no complaints.

When geared and spell rotated properly this spec is a major DPS force, even in PVP.

And yes, I tend to destroy well geared people in WZ , including Jedi before they can destroy me. However, this is not always the case as I am squishy and most time people group up on me. But one on one, I usually can just destroy them before they burn me down.. All that was really needed was the new self healing option. That does make a lot of difference. And what most people don't realize is that many current warzone players have better gear which just destroys the squishes, which is frustrating. But once you have decent PVP gear, and know what your doing, it all changes.

In pvp It seems that many experienced players change their current target and gang up on me immediately when I show up. So, i think they perceive my class as a major forces. Otherwise I just destroy groups of them with multiple lightening strikes and chain lighting, and they go down fast.

In ops, it really burns down targets fast and I have good gear but not the best.

But hands down it is most fun spec in pvp and in ops, especially if you like damage.

Edited by treetorn

1- We are seen as being a bit weak and not the first target in pvp and not the first allie in that or pve, with dots that need a little more kick.

2-Since the most recent update we have an emergency heal aid which in turns allows extra damage in our rotation if used correctly thus i believe were a little more robust in pvp and durable/offensive for pve and being a fine good all rounder.

May i also note that i find the sorcerer class extremely enjoyable to play and my favourite overall by some way.

Thankyou

Corruption: Good pve healer and decent choice for pvp healing. However healing class needs a tank to be successful in pvp rated due to a lack of defensives and low mobile healing. Desired for rated pvp

Lightning: Best dps sorceror pve spec. However other dps can outdamage this spec and produce damage more reliably. Considered a free kill in pvp due to no reliable defenses, large amount of casting and sub par burst damage. Undesired by every rated pvp group.

Madness: Simplistic and easy spec, creates decent pve damage although not as good as lightning. Would still be better to bring another dps class for pve. In pvp is still considered a free kill by most of the population. While a good madness sorc can kite unlike lightning, the lack of defenses and burst damage make sorcs a constant kill target. Generally undesired for any rated pvp group

-----------------------------------------------------------

I view the entire sorcerer class to be poorly designed. The Sorcerer advanced class has no unique defensive or offensive cooldowns to mention. Compared to our counterpart advanced class we have Force slow, Overload, Recklessness, Electrocute, Whirlwind. Uniquely sorcerer's have Static barrier, extrication and unnatural preservation (a heal that only works well if heal speced) On the other hand assassins have all of the aforementioned abilities as well as stealth, force cloak, mind trap, spike, darkward, taunts, guard, and force shroud. How exactly is a sorcerer supposed to feel like a master of the force when your melee attacks don't even benefit from your willpower stat like they should? In short the class feels lack luster, the spec talents aren't set up to create burst damage or change how attacks work if used in certain orders. That and having no abilities worth mentioning that show our "mastery" of the force just makes the class feel boring.

Pve Corruption: We seem to be considered a fine pve healer and are valued for this position.

PVe lightning: very proc and casted based dps. While the leading spec damage wise, movement and rotation difficulties can put it behind in damage from the full madness spec.

Pve Madness: Easy rotation, has force management problems but its's simplicity lend it to being an okay pve dps spec. Boring to play but reliable. Other AC still produce much better damage than this spec.

--------------------------------------

PVP Corruption. Only viable choice for rated pvp if you play a sorcerer. The static barrier and aoe heal are strong tools in a group setting. Still very weak defensively as is is impossible to kite most decent players and crowd control options are very limited. Regardless if left alone or the player has a tank protector watching them, large heal numbers can be created. Probably one of the best pvp healers from an output perspective but by far the worst from an independence perspective.

PVP Lightning: Having large parts of this class being cast based for it's damage and very limited control/defensive options leave this class very weak. It is difficult against any good pvper to even get a few casts off as a lightning spec sorc. This alone would not be a huge problem if not for lightning's burst damage is very subpar. Thundering blast is a very weak final teir talent that not only hits less hard then many other burst abilities in the game but also requires settup. The electrocute range nerf crippled this spec even more since now it has no way to stop distant opponents from walking out of line of sight as you are trying to cast your damage. For turret type specs (arsenal merc, Marksman sniper) lightning has the worst ability to create large burst damage. Honestly if you want to play a ranged dps class in pvp right now, sniper is the only way to go.

PvP Hybrid lightning/madness: Low setup for damage, and less force management problems make this a decent pvp choice. Lightning barrage and deathfeild can create decent burst, However all the hybrid spec are completely dependent on force lightning for damage. With all of the advanced classes having an interrupt, this spec settup can be bad because while force lightning is interrupted you cannot create any real damage. Still with multi dotting, deathfeild and force lightning spam you can generally get one of the highest warzone damage scores. Although most of the damage in this scenario is largely worthless outside of trying to look good to your allies. The heavy reliance on force lightning cripples this spec for high level pvp.

PVP full madness: Great kiting potential and decent control abilities make this the best dps pvp spec imo. Sadly it has large problems as well. The heavy dependence on force lightning cripples this spec even more than the lightning/madness hybrid. Full madness needs to be able to fully cast force lightning to get back force, create the majority of our damage and get the wrath proc which is needed for bust damage. Sadly you cannot generally get a full cast of force lightning in pvp. This is because force lightning ruins your ability to kite the opponent. If your do not cast force lightning you will end up doing almost no damage to your opponent , however with your lack of defenses you cannot afford to stop kiting. This leads to situations where you may beat a marauder 1v1 by perfectly kiting them, but it also may take up to a minute for you to actually kill them. This is a side effect of the fact so much of our damage comes from force lightning and our only system for gettting the wrath proc is through force lightning. Putting so much dependence on one attack is a bad game design, especially when you consider the low damage levels of the dots. Adding small a cooldown to affliction could make if do better single target damage but would ruin its ability to be spam casted across several targets. Changes to wrath need to be looked at as well since currently it is pointless to even use Wrath on lightning strike.

Hopefully BioWare notices how OP Mara's are and how underpowered Sorcs are, and they make the needed changes! PLEASE!

it wont happen at i randomly scanned over this and the problems with this class have stay with it and nothing will be done just re-roll and operative since that ia who they are buffing next and the new fotm

1. Said many times before a free kill

2. A free kill thats fun has alot of promise just no follow threw

expanding on this

damage is slow, weak, personally sorcs aren't needed in this game if you keep them like they are

if we are supposed to kite things shouldn't we be able to cast and run?

if we are supposed to kite things shouldn't we be able to do damage as a damage spec?

WHY DO YOU AS A COMPANY continue to personally choose to ignore the people who pay you every month. The people who take time out of their video game experience to voice there opinion? Wanna balance the game stop nerfing and buffing and this and that and give the damage and healing calculator to someone with half a brain that cares about this game not some mindless twit with a sadistic personality

1. In PvE we are okay: not top DPS but capable. In PvP we are a liability: low burst, low survivability.

2. Wasted potential!

Lightning tree is cool, just needs a bit more burst. Madness tree is cool, just needs to be less reliant on Force Lightning for DPS, so it can kite more effectively. Corruption tree was supposed to be a new and different take on healing, but it's not.

1)How do other classes see you?

We are the most sought after class in the entire game. Why? Because we help the other team get more kills and have a higher DPS marker.

Pub 1: "Hey guys i see a sorcerer! Wanna count how long it takes me do down him?"

Pub 2: "Sure, I'll start counting..."

Pub 1: "Too late, he's dead."

Pub 2: "Dang it, you never let me start counting. At least you got a free kill. Did he even damage you?"

Pub 1: "I think he threw a DoT on me, maybe it did some damage."

Pub 2: "Lol, sorcs don't do damage."

*edit, this is every game I play.

2)How do you view your own class?

Laughable in all respects when it comes to PvP, no survivability.

"But you have a bubble right?"

Lets see how long my lil 3k buffer bubble lasts against a jug or shadow that hits 5k. (8k crits)

Healers are targeted first (and rightfully so) and cannot out heal virtually any dps when it is directed towards the healer.

"But you have so many heals and they do so much right?"

Granted only 2 heals can be cast while moving (3 if you count cleanse) and their CD's will be over by the time you run back to the battlefield after you have been killed. Most healing abilities must be cast while stationary, and a sitting duck.

"But you have force sprint."

YAY! A SPRINT FOR 2.5 SECONDS! Against a shadow or an assassin that may give you a reprieve, but against anything else, they will leap to you or just continue shooting.

"But what about your dps? I always see pretty scores for sorcs on the score board."

Yeah, that was before 1.2, and even then we still couldn't out DPS any other class 1v1, all we could do was kite and hope our team mates are a better distraction than you are.

"They are still pretty feared in War zones today right?"

The only thing that others fear about Sorcs is that if you are beaten by one, you will have to have been not paying attention to the game, been drunk, or been a terrible player. If any of those things result in your death by a sorc you will be forced to wear a sign of shame that you were beaten by the worst class. Beyond that, sorcs are sought out as free targets.

Overall this will probably be seen as a QQ post, and I don't care, i tried posting early on about the threat of the Sorc being nerfed like the Operative

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=356256

I tried, evidently i was ignored, now we deal with this current situation.

I don't want to quit this game, i especially dont want to quit my sorc because of other QQ'ers wanting nerfs for my class. I will just try to hit up the forums as much as i can again to see to it that there be change.

Please note that I am not asking to nerf other classes (though some of them could use it) I am only asking that the Sorc be a viable and useful class in PvP not the laughable thing it is now.

Hello fellow Sorcs!

I have been playing a sorc healer in PVP since 1.0 and managed to get through all the changes so far with minimal complaints. :D I would like to share my thoughts on the class as it stands right now from a healer perspective in PVP.

To start, I use the full 32/7/2 spec. I am 9/14 WH with rest BM and full augmented. My rotations are correct and I average 400-700k healing each match (top is 793k). I don't run ranked yet, but plan to in the future.

I am squishy. I accept this. Lolsmash jug/guard are the bane of my existence (can't ever get away), Mara/ Sents are a pain in the ***, sneaky Ops/Scound kill me just as quickly, Van/PT run around in circles laughing while they melt my face.

Solution? I had my friend roll a jugg tank! ;) We always Q together, and we dominate the field usually. He puts guard on me and plays the tank class perfectly (ie. he intercedes when needed, taunts constantly, and drops his aoe fear/ stun ability when the opposing team won't let me get revivification off). So the meaning of all this? My sorc healer is useless solo, 90% of the time I get to cast a few heals, then get stun/interrupted/melted. I never Q if my tank isn't online because I am just taking up a slot on the team that could have a healer better situated for running without a tank attached at the hip (read Op healer).

The sorc has no defensive CDs of their own, so my solution was to borrow some from another class (intercede, taunting) If anything could be improved on the sorc it would be a CD with damage reduction. An "oh ****" button with a 2 min cooldown is not OP, but as it stands now, the class has no real damage mitigation of its own (bubbles don't really help against 8k smash crits).

My friend and I have held the west node on novare coast for 2 mins with a 6 vs 2. Why? Because we work well together and can coordinate our abilities. I can't hold a node 1 vs 1 for more than 30 secs against strong dps classes. When we finally dropped on novare coast, it wasn't because they finally overwhelmed us... it's because I ran out of force power. I was forced to start chaining my resurgence->innervate->consumption, but we dropped anyway because I can't keep my bubble up with the small amount of force points I regain from sacrificing health. This is a broken mechanic and is basically worthless in PvP.

Do other classes see me as weak and easy to kill? Hell yes. Matter of fact when my tank isn't online I play a dps toon and focus sorcs because I know they will go down quickly. We should not have to "borrow" defensive CDs from other classes, but in order to stay on the field long enough to be useful we have to get help from somewhere.

/endrant

Bumping this back up since our class issues have yet to be resolved and there's still no defensive CD worth a damn for our squishiest class in the game problem.
Why would you want a defensive CD when you could have burst/dps to match our current squishiness instead? Wouldnt it be more fun to actually kill stuff during the up-time rather than doing "average" damage longer?

I never expected sage/sorc to have high survivability, the light armor kind of gave it away, but I thought it would be a given that we had the best dps in the game to make up for it. That's how stats work in other games, such as car games. If your car has a high top speed it usually comes with low/medium acceleration or low/medium maneuverability. Sorc is the car with horrible acceleration (burst), decent speed (dps) and silly maneuverability (survivability).

Thank you!

Madness then Corruption as Madness was a joke

1. Priority target, due to heal prevention (if healer) and its an easy kill (any spec). Sorcs wont bite back because they cant.

2. Quite honestly we are all glass no cannon. Madness has no survivability and no "real" damage, all damage is done by DoT spamming which is easily removed and your still spamming lightning all the time. Healers have survivability from healing but are still to squishy.

My main point however is this. Considering this thread was made 4 months ago and consists of 95% of us saying the same thing! I have still yet to see any yellow posts saying that it is even being looked into? (was started by a yellow post after all) Are you there? Do you even care? Four months without a response to your own thread and only further nerfs to the class, simply tells me you dont.

How the other classes see us, answer easy kill. That how you are viewed in PVP. The class has no burst potential to even kill a decent healer, and we are suppose to be a cannon class. Right now it is really painful to play in PVP and has been for the last couple months. I don't mind to be this light armor low survivability class but at least give us some burst damage. The class relies to much on standing around to cast. As soon as you stop moving and start casting you will get targeted, interrupted and killed fast. Defense abilities are are also as bad, a bubble that gives you about a extra second to survive, force sprint that doesn't work half of the time because you can still get stunned and stooped from escaping, knock-back that only works 180 degree in front (who was the genius that came up with this one), and electrocute and whirlwind that are good but have a cool down of 1 minute.

If you try to play 1 versus 1 against any other DPS class you will lose most of the time. And to make matters even BETTER during the last patch Bioware decides to buff the Juggernauts/Jedi Knight so that those classes can crit hit you for about 6-7 k (have 1370 expertise in my gear) with a single smash every 8 seconds, really great job Bioware for balancing the classes. Bioware really needs to change this class so either has higher burst damage or more instant spells or people will stop playing this class.

Healing wise I believe other classes see us as "ok" maybe even good. Damage wise we are laughable, and do not pose any sort of threat, they see glass and no cannon.

I play a Lightning/Madness hybrid only because there really is no other choice, the lightning tree does not have the damage output to constitute free casting let alone the instants do no more than tickle our opponent. The only reason why people see sorcs at the top of the damage chart is because we have to cast more spells and use more skills to kill our opponent since we have no burst or high crit spells to bring our opponet down as fast as they can us. In short they use less skills for more damage and we us more skills for less damage, it just adds up on the charts more than theirs which as we know in pvp doesn't matter, especially for a glass cannon.

Edited by Calogerus

We've been saying it since 1.2- and BW you haven't done a thing.

Madness damage is weak and it breaks our mez- which is powered by that spec. It's easy to cleanse- but even non cleansed the damage doesn't hurt much and anything you do will take effect after you die. DoTs specs tend to have better control in other games and mobility- this spec has little control, and as our main attack immobilizes us has brutal mobility.

Lightning is a turret- it blows, pure and simple, and the damage is again too low. Why do we have two DPS trees when at best they do support level dps?

Corruption at full is also a joke- casts are too slow when you got rid of instant DI, heals don't scale as well as damage, other players have so much CC and interrupts that our casts always get interrupted.

In 1.2 you nerfed our class into the ground despite it being in a perfect position at the time, and you said you did so because you didn't want hybrids to be all we played (since people were using instant DI for heals and instant chain lightning procs). Now, everyone is a corruption/lightning hybrid for the CC because it's the only spec that has minimal survivability- even though the healing and damage is still poor.

Yes, the class can put out sustained, especially if left alone- so in matches against awful players you see sorcs that don't get focused. Also, you see high damage numbers because if you do 100k damage on one player and don't kill him as a sorc, you've done more damage than a mara who kills that person with only 20k damage because they can do it fast AND shut down any defense/offense at the same time.

With the brutal changes of 1.2- you guys saw a drop in one month of over 25% of your playerbase- sorcs and mercs both all but vanished from the game. I don't expect much from you BW- because so far you've been making only bad decisions, and your f2p model is a complete joke (paying for quickbars, hide helmet and the ability to wear gear you've earned? Really?).

Simply put- this class needs more damage, more healing, more mobility- and without these we will never be on par with the good players of other classes. We don't have the damage to take down ball carriers or to clear out a base/door, and saying 'but sorcs have range!' is irrelevant in a game where every other range class (except mercs which also suck bad) outperforms us massively, and every melee class has insane gap closers on insane CDs, and where we're immobile by our own casts.

BTW- I like how you nerfed overload- good to know you're still reading January's posts where low levels were whining about level 50 sorcs in their WZ killing them. I'm glad you've finally caught up with post beta feedback BW, you make it abundantly clear why EA was voted the absolute worst company in America.

Hi everyone,

We’re looking for some specific feedback about each Advanced Class and spec. Your feedback here, along with other feedback we’ve been gathering and our internal metrics, may guide future class balance changes. Similar threads will be found in every Advanced Class forum.

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

Please answer the post using the same format and in no more than 2-3 sentences per question.

This is not a discussion thread, so please do not debate others’ feedback – everyone gets to share what they think. Any off-topic or unconstructive posts (or any that do not follow the above guidelines) will be removed without warning.

Remember, this isn’t the only thread we’re looking at for feedback – if you have more feedback than fits the above guidelines, please feel free to post a discussion thread. We’re looking to get some specific insights here, but we are always reading the forums to gather feedback and player concerns.

Thank you!

1. First target in 50s warzones - I play dps sorc and i generally take upwards of 300k damage every warzone

2. To be totally honest, broken without an easy fix ...... i dont blame BW too much because it's such a mess of a class. You would need an avid pvper/developer to actually know how to fix the class. Heck i am not sure what needs to happen. I do know that we do sub par burst damage and the survivability/TTK is way way too low. The insta heal last patch sort of felt like a bandaid .... maybe thats just me.

The real sad part is there has still been no response from developers on this post. The really sad part is that mostly only PVE players continue to play their sorcs, our class had one of the highest populations in the beginning of the game and look at us now. Nobody wants to play our class, and every other advanced class seems to think they are just a counterpick to sorcs. You know there is a problem when every other advanced class believes that they are a counterpick to sorcs.

Our class has no unique offensive, defensive or CC cooldown compared to the assassin trees. We have subpar burst damage, the weakest defense and weak damage under pressure. Something needs to be done or eventually this class will disappear from PVP aside from healers.

I am shamelessly posting this again, but these were some old ideas I had for fixing up the Sage/Sorc class in pvp.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=537558

The real sad part is there has still been no response from developers on this post. The really sad part is that mostly only PVE players continue to play their sorcs, our class had one of the highest populations in the beginning of the game and look at us now. Nobody wants to play our class, and every other advanced class seems to think they are just a counterpick to sorcs. You know there is a problem when every other advanced class believes that they are a counterpick to sorcs.

Our class has no unique offensive, defensive or CC cooldown compared to the assassin trees. We have subpar burst damage, the weakest defense and weak damage under pressure. Something needs to be done or eventually this class will disappear from PVP aside from healers.

I am shamelessly posting this again, but these were some old ideas I had for fixing up the Sage/Sorc class in pvp.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=537558

Yeah I bumped this thread because the class feedback thread disappeared. There really needs to be some line of friggin' communication but it just doesn't feel like it's there.

The response to this thread was to give us Unnatural preservation (awesome for healers, sucks for everyone else) and *attempted* to make lightning more viable. Instead, they got a spec that is the only way a sorc can get into a Rated WZs (bubble blind hybrid) and will more than likely be nerfed with the amount of QQ it has caused.

yet. Marauders and Assassins are -buffed- every patch for pvp.

We have some of the weakest damage and absolutely weakest defense. Our healing spec isn't too bad.

Un-nerf us and bring back our hybrid spec (un-nerf wrath proc basically). If you're going to take away our hybrid spec then for f$%(s sake take away everyone elses also.

Increase the damage that our bubble absorbs, by a lot. This shouldn't affect much in the long run with the rediculous dps numbers just about everyone can put up these days.

Increase the damage of our Force powers, especially our dots. My Force powers should hit harder than a melee guys Force powers.