Any chance a balance pass is in order? (Companions and Heroic Moment OP)

PulseRazor

Heroic Moment on a 5 minute cooldown, lasts for 2 minutes. this is obviously way too powerful. I like how it is a shorter cooldown, by the time 20 minutes is up, you forget that you can use the skill anyway. 40% uptime is ridiculously high. Make it last 30 seconds, or limit the activation of each skill to once, reduce the regen to only provide 100% of your health... do something.

Companions are just too OP. I am sitting now in a Heroic, Kira is Healer, she is tanking 2 golds, 3 silvers, healing me, cc'ing off targets, and while I am afk writing this, she will have killed everything on the screen without my input.

Before anyone says: Don't use Heroic Moment, or don't use a Healer companion, or encourages me to create my own handicaps to make the pve world content playable, consider the impact this kind of pandering is going to have on matchmaking. Flashpoints are going to be plagued with people who have been conditioned for 65 levels to only use a single keybound skill. This game has enough problems with under-skilled people trying to play content they don't understand ("dur.... halp me kill Thanatoon...) - We don't need to pander to them by spoon feeding them content, do we?

DO WE?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

compared to how useless comps felt in the past I'm actually liking that they are useful for a change as for Heroic moment I have no feelings about that either way..

Comps were never uselss unless you didnt even try to gear them. But I guess that woukd mean you would have to put alittle effort into it....and we dont want that now do we...

So I guess because YOU couldnt do it, must mean that it was because the comps sucked, not maybe your rotation? Sorry but I have never used treek, and all my comps have done very well because I put a little effort into gearing them with the proper stats. But dont worry...the hand held the comps for you now so they are so OP you would have to leave the room for about 10 minutes in the middle of a heroic mob to EVEN POSSIBLY die.

So your all good...

^^this is true

Heroic Moment on a 5 minute cooldown, lasts for 2 minutes. this is obviously way too powerful. I like how it is a shorter cooldown, by the time 20 minutes is up, you forget that you can use the skill anyway. 40% uptime is ridiculously high. Make it last 30 seconds, or limit the activation of each skill to once, reduce the regen to only provide 100% of your health... do something.

Companions are just too OP. I am sitting now in a Heroic, Kira is Healer, she is tanking 2 golds, 3 silvers, healing me, cc'ing off targets, and while I am afk writing this, she will have killed everything on the screen without my input.

Before anyone says: Don't use Heroic Moment, or don't use a Healer companion, or encourages me to create my own handicaps to make the pve world content playable, consider the impact this kind of pandering is going to have on matchmaking. Flashpoints are going to be plagued with people who have been conditioned for 65 levels to only use a single keybound skill. This game has enough problems with under-skilled people trying to play content they don't understand ("dur.... halp me kill Thanatoon...) - We don't need to pander to them by spoon feeding them content, do we?

DO WE?

The expansion is two days old and you're already going to whinge that we need a balance pass? Seriously?

You don't like Heroic Moment? Don't use it. You have complaints about people that don't know what to do in Flashpoints? Don't PUG 'em, get guildmates and knock them out that way.

Companions are OP? Tough. How someone else plays the game shouldn't affect your enjoyment of it.

I just so sorry that your epeen-eliteness is somehow negatively impacted by how others choose to play the game.

The expansion is two days old and you're already going to whinge that we need a balance pass? Seriously?

You don't like Heroic Moment? Don't use it. You have complaints about people that don't know what to do in Flashpoints? Don't PUG 'em, get guildmates and knock them out that way.

Companions are OP? Tough. How someone else plays the game shouldn't affect your enjoyment of it.

I just so sorry that your epeen-eliteness is somehow negatively impacted by how others choose to play the game.

Wow...thanks for proving OPs point

Honestly never found a point where I needed a comp tank, even with my healer. Crowd control and burn down with a dps is alot faster.

I loved Tano with my commando, and Qyzen with my Sage. They could take a lot of beating, while I did damage.

Now is a bit anti-climatic. Mako as a tank? Kaliyo as a healer? Doc as a dps? I still use my companions in their original roles. But they ARE too powerful now

I personally found the companions useless beyond class quest requirements and crew skill missions, i just used Treek exclusively, unless the class quest required otherwise, since the only other choice for a healer is depending on your class, could be a cool companion or a really annoying one....which puts me back to just using treek.

Most players complaining about it being too easy tend to think if you are not having your *** handed to you, its too easy.

The companions are now on par with the godmode GSI droid from the solo flashpoints on Manaan, etc. The entire point of 4.0 was to further monetize the game and remove barriers to content, even if that means serving up said content on a cutscene platter.

Don't count on anything with companions being changed at this point. If this were unintended, the servers would have been brought down immediately after patching to fix it. Nope, Bioware is now fully committed to delivering a "cinematic" experience, complete with the "Classic Conversation Presentation" ala 2004.

They've got all their chips on the table now, and considering the JJWars movie release in December, they want the money from the movie tie-ins. F2p didn't work, and this is Bioware's last shot at bringing new players into their F2P model.

The Star Wars IP just wasn't destined for MMO greatness...

I agree with several comments here. I was just having a conversation with a friend who was/is a world class WoW player (where I came from). We discussed how all MMOs have had a decline in players. There seem to be two trends around that as well. The rise of games like League of Legends and a certain % of gamers constantly asking for the MMOs to be "non-elitist"... or easier in my opinion, watered down to the common denominator. I believe these trends are connected. High end gamers inspire mid-tier gamers (over 1 million people watched the LoL world championships), and mid-tier gamers inspire low-tier gamers. When they watered it down, high end gamers started leaving MMOs and were followed by a percentage of mid-tier gamers. In my opinion what developers need to do in this game and others is get back to providing a game that provides fun and challenging content for all gamers. A game must have content for all gamers, but NOT ALL content is for all gamers. WoW was at it's height when it possessed some content that less than 2% of players ever accessed. When you had to min max classes for raids. I wasn't one of them(well a single trash pull lol), but when those guys started leaving it wasn't long before guys like me (good players in strong guilds, just not ultra server first/world first/min max type guilds) started leaving. Obviously it wasn't a max exodus, they are still going strong, but things have dwindled over time as the games get easier and easier.... and less "serious". Just my two cents.

Are people really still throwing that 'durr easy solo content means they won't know how to function in FP/OPs' myth around?

There's some really stupid arguments in this thread, mostly by people who think making things harder will magically make the game better.

All it smacks to me is of individuals wanting to put up barriers so they can have fun in the sandbox all by their few numbered selves.

I personally found the companions useless beyond class quest requirements and crew skill missions, i just used Treek exclusively, unless the class quest required otherwise, since the only other choice for a healer is depending on your class, could be a cool companion or a really annoying one....which puts me back to just using treek.

Most players complaining about it being too easy tend to think if you are not having your *** handed to you, its too easy.

mmm maybe.

But sending heal spec Kira at 2 golds, 4 silvers, and a handful of regulars, going to make coffee, have a pee, and come back to loot is a little too much.

Are people really still throwing that 'durr easy solo content means they won't know how to function in FP/OPs' myth around?

There's some really stupid arguments in this thread, mostly by people who think making things harder will magically make the game better.

All it smacks to me is of individuals wanting to put up barriers so they can have fun in the sandbox all by their few numbered selves.

Some of us find more challenging content fun. If everything is faceroll, we get bored.

Wow...thanks for proving OPs point

Wow, thanks for completely missing the point.

I get a little tired of people complaining that something is too hard or too easy, and then demand nerfs or difficulty increases within the first three days of new content.

MMOs are probably misnamed. Sure, there are lots of different people on the servers at any given time, however 99% of an "MMO" is solo-based gaming. Flashpoints and Operations are the only real facets of the game that mandate multiple player participation.

So if there are people that just like to come in, run their companion influence up to 250k and blow through mobs, then what's the problem with that? Oh right, the "elitists" that think there is something noble about being "skilled" (and I use that term loosely) at a computer game. Yeah, for lesser mortals things should be really hard, and not any fun.

Like that will somehow motivate people to "up their game" to great new levels, instead of just wandering off and finding a game that's... you know.. "fun".

So instead of asking for things to get tougher for everyone else, I would rather see these elitists figure out ways to challenge themselves. Not everyone can go out and get a new computer every year, with the hot new CPU and an insanely good graphics card. Not only that, but sometimes people just want to log into a game and put a beatdown on a bunch of pixellated enemies.

It doesn't need to be a challenge. It just needs to be fun.

If you don't like people with "lesser skills", then don't PUG. Seems like a simple solution.

Edited by Highlandscot