What are the collection unlock prices?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ok, so I thought I had it nailed down, in my mind it was 100-ish to unlock bronzes (Honestly never was certain because I never unlock bronze items) then 240 to unlock silvers, 400 for gold and 600 for platinum. But yet, when I unlocked the Revan Reborn set (platinum) it was only 400? And then I was prepared to drop 240 on unlocking the Reaver set (cos it's silver) yet it amazingly only cost me 60CC?!

I'm certainly not complaining that things ended up cheaper than I imagined, but I need to get the prices straight in my head for the times I'm considering what to spend on.

Edit: While I'm here, I might as well ask too, is there a difference in appearance between Dark IV and V? I've done it before, but can't remember. I feel like I was annoyed because there wasn't any visible difference last time. Just wanna know for sure if it's worth getting that last 30k DS points or not. No point clogging the forum with a separate thread.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

400 for gold and platinum, 240 for silver, 60 for bronze. I think tunings are 600 for some odd reason though. Occasionally some are mispriced and you can get a deal but they get fixed quickly. Edited by kodrac

It appears to be different depending on the set. I find that bronze is almost always 60 and silver and gold can fluctuate but yes, silver can be 240 or 60 and gold can be 400 and 240. As far as I am aware there is no way to know except for going into collections and making note of the particular sets you plan on unlocking. Also there is sometimes a sale on unlocks were you can save 50 percent or so. I am not sure how often this happens but have seen it a few times in the past.

400 for gold and platinum, 240 for silver, 60 for bronze. I think tunings are 600 for some odd reason though. Occasionally some are mispriced and you can get a deal but they get fixed quickly.

It appears to be different depending on the set. I find that bronze is almost always 60 and silver and gold can fluctuate but yes, silver can be 240 or 60 and gold can be 400 and 240. As far as I am aware there is no way to know except for going into collections and making note of the particular sets you plan on unlocking. Also there is sometimes a sale on unlocks were you can save 50 percent or so. I am not sure how often this happens but have seen it a few times in the past.

Thanks, seems weird to have as good a set as the Reaver one in particular showing at 60CC. I mean I originally had it in my head that it was a gold set not a silver one thats how high I rate it haha. Get it while it lasts folks!

Thanks, seems weird to have as good a set as the Reaver one in particular showing at 60CC. I mean I originally had it in my head that it was a gold set not a silver one thats how high I rate it haha. Get it while it lasts folks!

The bronze / silver / gold / platinum thing refers to the item's "rarity class" in Cartel Market packs. In any normal pack (including the current Ultimate one as far as I know), you get the following chances:

* Bronze = 85% of items

* Silver = 10% of items

* Gold = 5% of items

* Platinum = the sum of the rounding errors in the previous percentages, i.e. not much.

In general, the rarity class corresponds roughly to the item's desirability - the vast majority of bronze-rarity items are ugly junk and nearly impossible to sell on the GTN, but do remember that beauty and ugliness are in the eye of the beholder. (Example: I don't really like the Reaver set, and I think it's pretty meh in general.)

The bronze / silver / gold / platinum thing refers to the item's "rarity class" in Cartel Market packs. In any normal pack (including the current Ultimate one as far as I know), you get the following chances:

* Bronze = 85% of items

* Silver = 10% of items

* Gold = 5% of items

* Platinum = the sum of the rounding errors in the previous percentages, i.e. not much.

In general, the rarity class corresponds roughly to the item's desirability - the vast majority of bronze-rarity items are ugly junk and nearly impossible to sell on the GTN, but do remember that beauty and ugliness are in the eye of the beholder. (Example: I don't really like the Reaver set, and I think it's pretty meh in general.)

Oh of course, I mean there are platinum sets I find incredibly ugly. Just with the Reaver set being what Marr wore is what had me thinking it would be gold, wasn't really about how good the set looks (Though I do like it). I mean stuff worn by named characters, especially big ones like Marr, is usually gold/platinum in my experience (Satele set, Malgus set, Revan set, I'm sure there are a fair few more)

Oh of course, I mean there are platinum sets I find incredibly ugly. Just with the Reaver set being what Marr wore is what had me thinking it would be gold, wasn't really about how good the set looks (Though I do like it). I mean stuff worn by named characters, especially big ones like Marr, is usually gold/platinum in my experience (Satele set, Malgus set, Revan set, I'm sure there are a fair few more)

It used to be gold. They recategorized a lot of things when they standardized the unlock prices a couple years back. Soon after that is when they came out with the gold, silver and bronze packs. A lot of things went down in rarity, presumably to have more things to dilute the drop rates in packs, whereas only a few things went up.