Turn The Pit into a deathmatch

Belpheghor

Huttball is great as it is. I wouldn't mind a pure deathmatch map, and it could even be another hutt themed arena, but not this one.

Exactly. Wouldn't mind an entirely new warzone that was a pure deathmatch, it could even involve the Hutts, such as a spectacle for them to watch in a big arena (think gladiator-style, ancient Rome) wouldn't be called Huttball since there would be no ball. But keep the current Huttball warzone itself an actual ball game, like its name implies. It's already bad enough that most players treat that warzone as if it had no objectives other than killing everything in sight and being completely oblivious to player roles and strategy, as a ball game requires.

Exactly. Wouldn't mind an entirely new warzone that was a pure deathmatch, it could even involve the Hutts, such as a spectacle for them to watch in a big arena (think gladiator-style, ancient Rome) wouldn't be called Huttball since there would be no ball. But keep the current Huttball warzone itself an actual ball game, like its name implies. It's already bad enough that most players treat that warzone as if it had no objectives other than killing everything in sight and being completely oblivious to player roles and strategy, as a ball game requires.

Well the obvious problem as I see it with Huttball is over half the players already treat it as a deathmatch anyway, so in large part pugs are a nightmare to play Huttball in, it requires coordination of your team mates, more so than the other WZs by far.

Even the players that love Huttball have to concede that point. And you won't change the player base, most pugs will treat it as a deathmatch, that's just a fact, so my point was why not just make it into a deathmatch since it would tie into the SW lore better anyway.

With the ridiculous way kills are awarded on the scoreboard in this game I hope they never, ever implement a mode where that's the deciding factor between victory and defeat. I mean really, SNEEZE in the general direction of the enemy team and you're awarded with 37 kills at least. :rolleyes: Edited by DrewFromPhilly

Well the obvious problem as I see it with Huttball is over half the players already treat it as a deathmatch anyway, so in large part pugs are a nightmare to play Huttball in, it requires coordination of your team mates, more so than the other WZs by far.

Even the players that love Huttball have to concede that point. And you won't change the player base, most pugs will treat it as a deathmatch, that's just a fact, so my point was why not just make it into a deathmatch since it would tie into the SW lore better anyway.

And again, that's precisely what makes that warzone annoying. It's Huttball, a ballgame, a virtual sport, it was never meant to be a deathmatch, and shouldn't be changed just because the majority of players can't grasp that fact. Make a deathmatch to satisfy all those people who only care about kills and hate objectives, but don't change any of the ones we have now to be like that just because a bunch of people jump into them with that mentality.

It's obvious that most players in pugs just won't ever get Huttball, premades rule that wz with good reason, so I say dull it down into a pure deathmatch..

Yeah, why not.. as like you say, randoms rarely go for the ball or try to score so might as well remove the thing and make it all about kills since that's what it most times ends up to be about anyways.

And again, that's precisely what makes that warzone annoying. It's Huttball, a ballgame, a virtual sport, it was never meant to be a deathmatch, and shouldn't be changed just because the majority of players can't grasp that fact. Make a deathmatch to satisfy all those people who only care about kills and hate objectives, but don't change any of the ones we have now to be like that just because a bunch of people jump into them with that mentality.

Been playing Huttball since beta and players by in large aren't getting better grasping the whole "ballgame" concept lol.

Personally I thought it was a dumb idea to begin with and a waste of an awesome map, if anything remove the ball and put in more deathtraps.

It just doesn't fit with the lore, Jedi and Sith would never play sporting events together lol, not sure even the pirate faction would, well, maybe for enough credits I suppose.

And the Hutts would want to see blood, death and gore, not a bunch of fools throwing a ball around, seriously.

Even the die hard Huttball lovers can't deny this fact.

Edited by Belpheghor

I wish i could find the video of the team that dominated some huttball using nothing but controlling effects. It was a beautiful sight to behold and that is the aspect i like about huttball. Team coordination can overcome lack of DPS, or Heals or an overabundance of either on the opposing team.