Wow, some of you guys are WAY wound up over WZ leavers

Thuull

Got a chuckle out of this last night.

I'm a firefighter. I was WZing last night and, for the first time since the game went live, I quit a WZ...because my fire pager went off.

I got home a couple hours later, hopped on game to wind down some from the call before bed. I have 2 in game emails from some guy just completely flipping his lid at me for leaving that warzone. Then I get a /whisper from him.

I mean, seriously? Do some of you guys care so much about this issue that you are ragestorming every single person who leaves a WZ?

I am one of those who hates people leaving WZs. You are a bad... Actually, yours is one of the best reasons and I have to admit I can't argue with that excuse.

Also, I want to thank you and other firefighters for keep people like me safe. As someone who lives in NYC and worked 1 block away from WTC during 9/11, I have full appreciation of firefighters and a first hand knowledge of the sacrifices you make.

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

Also, I want to thank you and other firefighters for keep people like me safe. As someone who lives in NYC and worked 1 block away from WTC during 9/11, I have full appreciation of firefighters and a first hand knowledge of the sacrifices you make.

Eh, I appreciate that but can't really own up to it =) I've only personally been doing it for a couple of years, and never been really hard pressed in anything I've done to date. Put out some house fires, cleaned up some accidents, not yet had to deal with any kind of confirmed entrapment or that sort of thing *knock on wood*.

I'll accept the thanks on behalf of those of us out there, mostly the inner city guys, who see lots of fire and do "the job" 8 hours a day every day. Me, I sit around at home and play SWTOR til the pager goes off =)

I just laugh at these idiots they are missing out on tons of valor/xp/creds by leaving and usually we do better w/o them anyways. Example, today in voidstar we started out on defense, did fairly well held the first door for about 3 minutes and then the other team placed the bomb and instantly 3 people left. Kept on playing and held them back they maybe scored 4 points or so and then our team made it all the way to the datacore. Happens all the time, so I could usually care less when people leave. Also, you can't forget the client is highly unstable and half the time I'm sure people are crashing/dcing/bugged out so I don't hold it against anyone.

There are 2 types of Warzone leavers:

1: the one who leaves because they believe that they can better spend their time re-queing for another warzone for a win, and leaves to attempt to do so.

2: the one who leaves for a good reason: internet crashes, CTD, emergency, wife is scantily clad, etc.

However, unless person 2 is able to inform their group why they are leaving (which is really not typical), all members of the WZ will think that person 2 is actually person 1.

If they pester you, just inform them what happened. If they keep pestering, that is why we have a /ignore command in game. Sometimes i wish we had that in real life too.

However, i hope a deserter debuff makes its way into the game.

There are 2 types of Warzone leavers:

1: the one who leaves because they believe that they can better spend their time re-queing for another warzone for a win, and leaves to attempt to do so.

2: the one who leaves for a good reason: internet crashes, CTD, emergency, wife is scantily clad, etc.

However, unless person 2 is able to inform their group why they are leaving (which is really not typical), all members of the WZ will think that person 2 is actually person 1.

If they pester you, just inform them what happened. If they keep pestering, that is why we have a /ignore command in game. Sometimes i wish we had that in real life too.

However, i hope a deserter debuff makes its way into the game.

I have to agree here, there are 2 types of people. Those like Thuull who have a legitimate reason to leave and those who just leave because the second someone scores 1 point, the game is an auto lose in their mind. Oh well...also Thuull just send him a message back stating that if he can't play one person down, he needs to l2p...isn't that what everyone else does around here >_>

I'm a firefighter. I was WZing last night and, for the first time since the game went live, I quit a WZ...because my fire pager went off.

I got home a couple hours later, hopped on game to wind down some from the call before bed. I have 2 in game emails from some guy just completely flipping his lid at me for leaving that warzone. Then I get a /whisper from him.

I mean, seriously? Do some of you guys care so much about this issue that you are ragestorming every single person who leaves a WZ?

Most adults would never start an event while on call or knowing that they would not be able to complete an event, doing otherwise is just rude.

Most adults would never start an event while on call or knowing that they would not be able to complete an event, doing otherwise is just rude.

On an OPs run I could see this applying but for a warzone? Get over yourself.

Edited by Dahoff

The person who in game mailed you no doubt has absolutely no life, is a virgin and plays this game and refers to it as "SWTOR Career"...

I remember laughing really hard when people in WoW from these no name guilds ran a rated BG and when I would have to leave to go out with my wife I would get ingame mails and PM's "YOUR WOW CAREER IS OVER YOU ARE DONE YOU JUST SCREWED YOUR WOW CAREER"

Anyways just hang in there bud, we all appreciate the work you do and the lives you save. Play and leave as you need to man, it's just a game.

I have to agree here, there are 2 types of people. Those like Thuull who have a legitimate reason to leave and those who just leave because the second someone scores 1 point, the game is an auto lose in their mind. Oh well...also Thuull just send him a message back stating that if he can't play one person down, he needs to l2p...isn't that what everyone else does around here >_>

Republic plays a man down all the freaking time in BGs, sometimes we start with 6!

I've even won a Huttball match 5 of us vs 8.

Leavers are no big thing (well doesn't really happen in games I play since we win most of em).

I'm sorry but you take this game way to serious.

IT IS A GAME...The man pays the same as you do every month. If he wants to join a WZ naked and run around doing /dance on people and pulling team mates off an objective with the Sage pull he can and he has every right to.

Would that be frustrating and annoying? Yeah but don't you sit there and call someone rude for playing and doing what they want in the free time they have for something they are paying for.

Not everyone is a basement dweller like yourself who can block out hours to just sit and play Star Wars.

'But what about my non-recorded W/L ratio??'

Could you by any chance take some of these guys out on the fire-truck for some fresh air? I don't think they understand that Quitting a WZ is about the least important thing in 99.9% of peoples' worlds.

I'm one of the people who leave a WZ not going my way. I admit it.

Republic on our server don't realize how much healing wins games. On the flipside, every game has at least 2 healing sorcs, if not additional healers of other classes.

If we can't even take 2 points in the Civil War when I go solo mid vs. 3 sith (meaning, there are 7 of my team members on other points vs. their 5) whats the point of staying?

I can leave, queue up, ~10 seconds later get a pop and roll the dice again, and get more honor, credits, etc. than sitting through a 10 minute fail game.

I find no problem with it.

Guys really i'm not leaving your warzone because you all have 90% green gear and have less hp than i did at 40. no no i'm not leaving because you guys can't focus for 10 seconds on an objective and prefer to run at the enemy one at a time so you can get farmed for kills/valor for 20 minutes.

no

no

no

I'm just leaving because i need to wash my hampster. no wait.. i mean my grandfather just burst into fire.. no wait .. my wife is naked and has a tray full of brownies.. laters..

heh.

I'm on call 24/7 from my office, which has clients world wide. I can get a call anytime of the day and have to answer it and speak with the customer. With your logic, I should never join a warzone. :)

On an OPs run I could see this applying but for a warzone? Get over yourself.

For a warzone FAR FAR moreso actually. It's only 15 minutes max. Come on...is that too much of a committment to ask for?

I agree with the two types thing listed above. The problem is there are SO MANY people leaving for selfish reasons that the frustration bleeds over into the minority of those who leave with good reason.

I for one am REALLY getting tired of the bigtime quitters, those who quit so fast and often that sometimes you'll see them leave the SAME warzone multiple times.

It's detrimental to the overall game. I don't really understand how anyone can argue otherwise.

But yeah, RL happens, and I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt...so the type of rage actions seen in the OPs post is really pretty sad.

I for one am REALLY getting tired of the bigtime quitters, those who quit so fast and often that sometimes you'll see them leave the SAME warzone multiple times.

Yeah that irks me too, doesnt Bioware realize I'm not interested in the derp fest and actually want to get with players of my caliber? STOP PUTTING ME IN THE SAME WZ :p

#writethecode imo