Legacy of Crafting clarification?

ScicleX

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the tooltip is extremely vague

the tooltip says ''increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting''. Getting 2 items instead of 1 is an augmented result too, no?

No, it's not. That's a bonus result, or an extra result. or a critical result where you get an extra. (Sure, I guess if you really want to twist it, the strict english definition of "augmented" is "made larger, enlarged in size, number, strength, or extent". But in the terminology of THIS game, there is only one meaning. And it deals with augment slots. Trying to read any other meaning in is trying to twist it to mean something it obviously doesn't. Just look at the terminology used any time they talk about that bonus copy. They're always very specific about it.)

No, it's not just three days. This question was asked during testing several times.

that's not what was being referenced.. the poster was QQing about the potential lost crit rate since the patch went live..which was 3 days.

Edited by ryonavin

The next time anyone asks "hey, why would we hire a technical writer," or "hey, why would we spend money on UI text review," well, you're looking at an example what happens when you don't do either step. Even the folks who work on the product are confused as to how this works, and that happens when you don't have clear docs or UI text.

While I definitely understand where all the complaining is coming from, put the QQing aside. Can we get a distinct clarification on this perk?

We've confirmed that it does affect items that can receive an augment slot such as earpiece/implant/relic/wrist/belt/head/chest/legs/hands/feet/offhand/main hand.

Does it affect mods such as armoring/mod/enhancement/augment/barrel/hilt/color crystal?

Does it affect items such as speeder/ship part/grenade/stim/adrenal/med pack/augment kit?

Does it affect Crafting Mission critical success rates?

Does it affect Crew Skill Gathering critical success rates?

Also, for clarification's sake and to officially close this post after these questions are answered: can you ask around the BioWare office and get input from other departments to confirm everyone is on the same page with the definitions of this Perk?

Thank You in advance.

Well yes, I love to make stims for my alts and friends. I would get this if I could get a few crits while making stims also. I know it will be good for my alt with armormech, but wonder if it is any good for biochem. Keeping fingers crossed that it simply raises the crit-chance.

That perk is good for just about every crafting skill.

Armstech-weapons

Armormech-Regular non-force armors

Synthweaver-Force user armor

Artiface-Lightsabers

Biochem-Implants

Cybertech-Ears

The amount of money people will buy augmented items for as opposed to non-augmented is a decent difference. I think it is well worth the money spent on that perk no matter what profession you've chosen.

I found these CSR posts in another forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=492273

"This Legacy perk increases crit chance by 1%, even for non-augmentable items."

"I'd like to clear up the earlier confusion. Legacy of Crafting gives a crit chance increase, not just for augmented items, but for non-augmentable items too.

For non-augmentable items that can crit, this increases the chance of getting bonus items when you craft."

"This buff is for the actual crafting itself, and does not affect the Crew Missions."

Edited by Micadog

Ugh. Now we have 2 conflicting reports about how the perk behaves. I guess I'll have to buy it just in case.

Greetings,

We have confirmed that Allison Berryman's post about Legacy of Crafting has the correct information:

The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).

Beesodd corrected a previous Customer Service post that contradicted Allison's:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to clear up the earlier confusion. Legacy of Crafting gives a crit chance increase, not just for augmented items, but for non-augmentable items too.

For non-augmentable items that can crit, this increases the chance of getting bonus items when you craft.

I have updated my colleague's earlier post to reflect this, and I apologize for the confusion.

We hope this clears things up a little. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention!

Edited by Parali

Thank you for clearing up the mix up.. nice to know that there are some individual legacy perks that are useful to 50s

Greetings,

We have confirmed that Allison Berryman's post about Legacy of Crafting has the correct information:

Beesodd corrected a previous Customer Service post that contradicted Allison's:

We hope this clears things up a little. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention!

^lol. maybe i just woke up, but what does that even mean?

You confirm the first post to be correct, then confirm the second post, which is conflicting, to be correct.

look again.. both of the posts he quoted are saying the same thing in different ways.. its a 1% increase to all crafting, not just augmentable items.. so if you craft augments and buy the first rank it will increase your chance to crit by 1%

I guess if you really want to twist it, the strict english definition of "augmented" is "made larger, enlarged in size, number, strength, or extent". But in the terminology of THIS game, there is only one meaning.

Yeah, usually I would agree with you 100%. Except that it does mean what it means in the strict English definition, enlarged in numbers. Clear communication for the win, hey!

Next step on this uphill journey is to find out if it works for missions. Hopefully in less then 3 weeks, like it took to clarify this!

Edited by Yogol

Which means all my crafters get it. None of my harvesters do. (which I guess makes it sort of irrelevant whether it allows for an extra item... which, incidentally, I have yet to see when it comes to augment kits. I largely suspect that like with spaceship parts, you don't crit them at all.)

My droid, with the legacy sensor to improve synthweaving, has given me 2 augment kits for the cost of 1 in several occasions

Edited by wainot-keel

Yeah, usually I would agree with you 100%. Except that it does mean what it means in the strict English definition, enlarged in numbers. Clear communication for the win, hey!

Next step on this uphill journey is to find out if it works for missions. Hopefully in less then 3 weeks, like it took to clarify this!

Hi Boyana,

This buff is for the actual crafting itself, and does not affect the Crew Missions.

No, It only effects Crafting Specifically... no other crew missions of any kind.

And yet there is no concern about dieing from a critical craft? Why? Because in context of this game critical craft means doing better than normal. We ignore any of the strict english definitions either having to do with criticism or medical problems because we know what "critical" means in this context. Context is always important.

• 1 month later...
The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).

this needs to be stickied

It is unfortunate that you need to research this to find out that it does indeed affect creating x2 of medpacs, stims, adrenals, augment kits, and nightmare pilgrim items. If you crit on exotech stims/adrenals/medpacs since they're in groups of 3 you'll get x4.

I tend to crit quite more often now on gault now so its definitely worth it.

The tooltip needs to be updated ASAP. If anything bioware/EA austin you'll get more people to buy the perk with cartel coins if you clarify the language on the tooltip to reflect this. Perhaps "increases your change to "increases the chance of an augmented or extra consumable result while crafting by n% Assuming you want to try and retain some of your initial awkward phrasing.

If I were to have complete license I would suggest "Increases your chance to obtain augments on equipment or obtain extra consumables by n%

If anything bioware/EA austin you'll get more people to buy the perk with cartel coins if you clarify the language on the tooltip to reflect this.

Sadly, this is exactly the sort of thinking EA will do once the $$$ store becomes active. Each upgrade / bug / feature will be assessed with the $$$ store in mind, thinking how they make $$$ out of it. The ones where they can't make money, will be left aside. The others will be changed.

In the mean time, while they are working on the $$$ store, they can't even be bothered to answer a simple question like ''does this legacy perk affect gathering missions too'', a question we've been asking since this legacy perk hit PTS.

That was 3 months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

EA are surprised about falling numbers of subscribers, all the time as they don't stay in contact with their customers. That's a no-brainer.

As for your question: I prefer to interpret it as a +1% chance on crafting only. Not gathering or missions

Edited by Zipacnaa

• 1 month later...