So i have my pc specs are:

PSU: AMD Athlon II X4 645

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200

RAM: 8GB (DDR3)

im probably running a 250+ watts on my computer

i can play SWTOR on low settings with decent FPS

and was wondering what i could do to improve my FPS

also i was wondering if i could run Diablo 3 with decent FPS

Invest in a better video card. Your processor and RAM are just fine, but your games would perform much better with a gaming video card, such as a Nvidia GTX 400+ series card, at the least, if you want a game that will perform with high FPS at decent settings.

You would also need to update your power supply for such a card. 500 watts, at least, but I would check the specifications for any card you buy, before buying an upgraded power supply.

You'll find Diablo 3 a bit choopy during times of heavy combat or in areas with lots of players with your current card.

Check Tiger Direct or New Egg,

like he said above If you upgrade your card you need to upgrade your power supply,Dont think you can do it with 100 dollars.

Do alot of research ,hopefully people with more knowledge will post.or try asking friends who know pc's,

I know nothing about AMD CPUs.

EDIT:Like he said above plenty of ram, i know nothing about amd cpu's, but a power supply and new vidcard might do it.

Always check power supply requiements on any vidcards you find. 250 watts is pretty low these days.

Edited by CygnusMX

Greetings everyone!

Welcome to the forums! We have a few threads that are dedicated in assisting you with any technical questions you have in regards to specs and help in order to run Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. You can find these links and more in our New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources

As a reminder, our Minimum System Requirements found in our FAQ are as followed:

What are the system requirements for the game?

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM

Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM

Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better

nVidia 7800 or better

Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.

We are going to go ahead and close this thread but ask that you please continue your discussion in one of the following:

If you are looking to increase your performance, we have the following guides that may assist you:

We hope this helps!