Cleared EV 16 NM...

Actually, that's exactly what random number generator is. Take a few minutes and read this to understand what "random" actually means.

http://friedom.com/?p=302

One of these sets of numbers are 10 random numbers between 0 and 5. The other one was manually generated. Which one is random?

a) 2 4 4 0 1 0 2 0 0 1

b) 1 5 2 0 3 4 0 5 1 4

Most people would say that clearly, (b) is more random but it's not. I manually wrote those numbers down to get as much variation as possible. The first one, with 4 zeros out of 10, is randomly generated.

RNG != "always different"

RNG != "evenly distributed"

This happens in every game that has random loot it seems.

That is possible too, but most likely it's just failing to understand the concept of random. Heck, having written a Tetris game once, I intentionally made it less random because I didn't like seeing the same piece coming 3+ times in a row.

Once time, in band camp - err - I mean Black Temple, I spent 6 months killing Illidan every week to get the trinket to drop. It never did. Random? Yep. Sucks? yeah, very much.

Actually, that's exactly what random number generator is. Take a few minutes and read this to understand what "random" actually means.

http://friedom.com/?p=302

One of these sets of numbers are 10 random numbers between 0 and 5. The other one was manually generated. Which one is random?

a) 2 4 4 0 1 0 2 0 0 1

b) 1 5 2 0 3 4 0 5 1 4

Most people would say that clearly, (b) is more random but it's not. I manually wrote those numbers down to get as much variation as possible. The first one, with 4 zeros out of 10, is randomly generated.

RNG != "always different"

RNG != "evenly distributed"

This happens in every game that has random loot it seems.

There is another thread discussing the frequency of people never seeing their classes piece drop/have all or most pieces be for a class not in the group. Its pretty obvious there is a problem in the loot system and that it is not RNG. (One guy has done 130 FPs and has seen 3 Inq Columi drops....yea thats RNG)

And even if it was functioning correctly, there can't be an RNG system that is actually random. All RNG systems are semi biased. Ask any programmer.

(One guy has done 130 FPs and has seen 3 Inq Columi drops....yea thats RNG)

Yes, it is in fact RNG. 130 data points is not a lot of datapoints. Unlikely, but amongst millions of people it's perfectly reasonable that this has happened to one person. Drop chance of the tokens is completely predictable (25% chance for each token per kill that has them). It's terribly unlikely that this would happen, but it does. Remember, people win the Mega Lotto despite the one in 175,711,536 chance of winning (odds varies but it's somewhere in that area). This guy was just really anti-lucky in winning the no-inq columni drop lottery.

There's no true random numbers without an external source (say the movements of the blobs in a lava lamp), but it's sufficiently random to work in a game. I _am_ a programmer and I have seen the effects on randomness in a game first hand. It feels like it's not random when it is, and feels entirely random when it's artificially modified to reduce some of the randomness in favor of variability.

Yes, it is in fact RNG. 130 data points is not a lot of datapoints. Unlikely, but amongst millions of people it's perfectly reasonable that this has happened to one person. Drop chance of the tokens is completely predictable (25% chance for each token per kill that has them). It's terribly unlikely that this would happen, but it does. Remember, people win the Mega Lotto despite the one in 175,711,536 chance of winning (odds varies but it's somewhere in that area). This guy was just really anti-lucky in winning the no-inq columni drop lottery.

There's no true random numbers without an external source (say the movements of the blobs in a lava lamp), but it's sufficiently random to work in a game. I _am_ a programmer and I have seen the effects on randomness in a game first hand. It feels like it's not random when it is, and feels entirely random when it's artificially modified to reduce some of the randomness in favor of variability.

This guy's right.