PVP Op Spec Suggestions

Camelope

As the title says, suggest me your best PVP Op build. I've been playing this class for a while and I absolutely love the idea of it, and I would like some opinions on good PVP builds. I've been going Lethality because I was told it is good in PVP, but now I'm thinking Concealment is better. I've also been eyeing some low-tier healing spec talents that look tasty for a gankster. Any suggestions, advice, and questions are welcome! :)

I like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401McZGIGkdk0bfzZhM.1

Some would argue against the following choices, so let me clarify:

Survival Training: May seem like a waste of 3 points but considering other options available this is far more useful. Healing yourself is pretty darn amazing in pvp and with incisive action, you can use it fairly often and stay alive a little longer to get away.

Incisive Action: Again, to make pvp healing a viable option. Without this, the cast time is too long. Also, the TA from this gives you free Stim Boost. It also allows you to pre-load two TA which in turns allows you to do two extra lacerations. You also don't have to worry about TA from your fight to use on Stim Boost.

Inclement conditioning: More HP! and better than other choices available.

Tactical Opportunity: not required as this is a 50% proc because of collateral strike is 50% proc. Which means, 50% of the time you use laceration, you will get TA back. With Incisive Action, you won't need it.

Pin Down: 50% slow is already very good, you won't need the 2s immobilize. This is situational skill.

Slip Away: This stun is also situational since the resolve bar is already full from hidden strike, you won't use this very often other than to get away or stop people from running.

Souting: The defence from this is not very attractive, but the stealth detection is nice. You would probably just want one more since most other stealth class that get stealth will get the +3 stealth level or none. You will see the ones that have none and will not have a good chance with the +3 anyway. You may want to take a point of our Inclement Conditioning and put it into Scouting but I didn't.

I like this:

Pin Down: 50% slow is already very good, you won't need the 2s immobilize. This is situational skill.

I'm struggling to understand why you think "you won't need the 2s immobilize". It's an excellent thing - in huttball it forces flying people straight to the floor, stop them on fire, stop before a goal line - everything. It's always better to have a stationary target than a fleeing (even slowly) one.

I'll throw up a build when I actually decide on one (which will be when i hit max, 2 levels to go, whoo)

I'm struggling to understand why you think "you won't need the 2s immobilize". It's an excellent thing - in huttball it forces flying people straight to the floor, stop them on fire, stop before a goal line - everything. It's always better to have a stationary target than a fleeing (even slowly) one.

I'll throw up a build when I actually decide on one (which will be when i hit max, 2 levels to go, whoo)

You are correct, it is a nice to have but where else do you use this that you can't get away with using the 50% slow? How often are you shooting people that are flying in hutball? Why are you shooting them in the first place? There has to be at least 3 other targets you can go after. As a scoundrel, our job is to pick off viable passing teamates in defence and reduce obstacles in offense. Unfortunately people don't know how to play hutball yet and people never pass. In a few weeks you will see how the ball carrier is only a small part of the problem.

Anyway the point is, where will you take 2 points to put into immobilize for 2 sec skill? If you tell me, then I can give you an argument for why those two points are better spent elsewhere because all the other skills where I put the points are used more often hence better return for your 2 points spent.

I strongly believe this build will match for concealment Op that appreciate to CC his target, if it didn't die from burst.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#4010cZGhrMdkrbfzZhr.1

Btw wanna see link for "DoT and HoT" build.

:)

update:

That's my version of DoT and HoT:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MffMzhZZGbbkrbhd.1

pls make some commentaries for it

Edited by Kindeng

Honestly the specific builds aren't totally important. As long as you're heavy Concealment the rest of the talents won't really matter. I personally like the double-tic dart from Lethality since it's necessary to kill anyone whose high end/valor before they can get away or get backed up. The healing tree is useless besides the +9% Cunning, especially since you're better off stealthing and HS'ing someone attacking a teammate than healing them.

One big piece of advice is to remember that Acid Blade does all it's damage over 6 seconds and is not on the GCD, and I've had more success from following Hidden Strike with a Lacerate, Shiv then an Acid Blade Backstab. By the time the Backstab fires off, your first Acid Blade is almost done ticing, and the enemies CC is only just wearing off. I've found it very useful for killing the sorcs with shields who CC you and then get poisoned to death while casting a heal.

Incisive Action for pre-loading TA->Stim Boost seems like a no-brainer for any spec. You don't want to have to use a GCD and TA on Stim Boost during a fight. Stim Boost lasts 45 seconds and in Concealment spec delivers a HUGE extra 1.5 energy/sec

Pre-loading TAs for Lacerate is tricky. You need to HS pretty fast to keep it from falling off

I strongly believe this build will match for concealment Op that appreciate to CC his target, if it didn't die from burst.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#4010cZGhrMdkrbfzZhr.1

update:

This is the build I had in mind, of course I still have 30 levels to go for max. The only thing I can pick out here is that missing 2 points in the Kolto Injection. 1 sec cast for a very nice heal at no TA cost looks pretty useful.

This is my version:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MfcMdhZZGbMkrMhd.1

update:

Differences:

We didn't have any differences on Tier 1, but I'm not positive that's a good thing. Medic side, there's simply not a bad choice to be had, while we're forced to invest two points in mediocre skills Lethality side. unfortunately, there's simply not any points to spare in this build, so this is what I'm going with until experience proves me wrong.

You took Surgical Steadiness over Sedatives. There's merit in that decision since our heals will keep us in combat longer than most dps ops, and even when you are in stealth, it's not always easy to find someone out of combat to sap. I'm almost tempted to switch my talents, but everything I've seen in PvP indicates that even full healers have trouble keeping themselves up against 1 strong dps class, much less 2 or more. With our moderate healing ability, I think we're better off spending our GCD's on hurting the other guy and keeping our instant cast hot stacked rather than trying to sit and cast through damage. On the other hand, when you CAN get a sleeping dart off in PvP, the sedatives debuff is absolutely amazing. I decided to go with situationally amazing over trying to improve a hopeless situation.

I completely disagree with your choice to take adhesive corrosives over lethal purpose. A 30% snare, even on 3 people, is rarely worthwhile, especially given the number of knockbacks and roots flying around in PvP. You already have a 50% snare that can have 100% uptime on a single target. I'm not saying a 30yd snare wouldn't be situationally useful, but it comes at too high a cost. All lethality specs are energy hogs, and that goes double for hybrids since we'll be tossing out heals like candy. Lethal purpose, and an extreme emphasis on crit rating, is one of the key components to making this build viable.

Edited by bathrobe

This is the build I had in mind, of course I still have 30 levels to go for max. The only thing I can pick out here is that missing 2 points in the Kolto Injection. 1 sec cast for a very nice heal at no TA cost looks pretty useful.

Kolto injection is a 2.5 second cast normally. The talent only brings it down to 2. Nevertheless, I agree that this is a must-have for any build, both for the reduction and the reliable TA generation.

You are correct, it is a nice to have but where else do you use this that you can't get away with using the 50% slow? How often are you shooting people that are flying in hutball? Why are you shooting them in the first place? There has to be at least 3 other targets you can go after. As a scoundrel, our job is to pick off viable passing teamates in defence and reduce obstacles in offense. Unfortunately people don't know how to play hutball yet and people never pass. In a few weeks you will see how the ball carrier is only a small part of the problem.

Anyway the point is, where will you take 2 points to put into immobilize for 2 sec skill? If you tell me, then I can give you an argument for why those two points are better spent elsewhere because all the other skills where I put the points are used more often hence better return for your 2 points spent.

I would take 1 point from infiltrater and 1 from scouting. I have had great success using it against sages/sorcs who try to sprint away. Holds them still just long enough to finish them off.

But if that build is working for you, just keep using it.

Pin Down is not affected by the Resolve bar. It's one of "those" abilities that several classes have that force people to break their keyboards. You can HS someone, giving them full resolve bar, then Pin Down and lock them in place the moment they stand up. Anyone going concealment for PvP and not picking up this talent is just trying to be a special snowflake.