You know you're trying to be milked when...

AGSThomas

You buy Rise of the Hutt Cartel for $10 which includes, 5 more levels - including a new ability for all classes, a new planet, 4 hard mode FPS, 1 Operation, Dozens of pieces of "new" gear, Macrobinocular and seeker droid missions " and much, much more"

Then they sell a one-time use dye for double that price! I certainly will never buy this, so no skin off my back but there is a word in Italian that describes this: disgraziato.

Edited by AGSThomas

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, cause its a vanity item.

See, you can buy yourself a regular car for a fraction of the price you pay for a ferrari, even though on city streets they will have to respect the same speed limits.

Thats what vanity is. They are also giving a choice to people who dont want to grind 6 million credits or that dont like to play the roulette with packs.

Choice is never a bad thing.

You buy Rise of the Hutt Cartel for $10 which includes, 5 more levels - including a new ability for all classes, a new planet, 4 hard mode FPS, 1 Operation, Dozens of pieces of "new" gear, Macrobinocular and seeker droid missions " and much, much more"

Then they sell a one-time use dye for double that price! I certainly will never buy this, so no skin off my back but there is a word in Italian that describes this: disgraziato.

Don't buy it then? :)

Or people are just butt-hurt by the cash price, and mostly likely too lazy to grind the creds and peel it from GTN..

I belive the italian word for that is " rosiconi " :p

Honestly, the CM is no different than the GTM - they are both Buyers' Markets. I guarantee that if those dyes are not being purchased at their current price, the price will go down.

And there is an aspect you are probably not thinking of - F2P and premium account players have credits limits. They can never get the 1+ million credits needed to buy off the GTM. So BW is giving them the opportunity to more easily acquire those BB and WW dyes.

Right...because logging into the forums and starting a thread proves how much you don't really care about it...

Edited by VitalityPrime

See, you can buy yourself a regular car for a fraction of the price you pay for a ferrari, even though on city streets they will have to respect the same speed limits.

Thats what vanity is. They are also giving a choice to people who dont want to grind 6 million credits or that dont like to play the roulette with packs.

This is a game all about vanity items. NOTHING in this game changes one thing in your real life...it's ALL vanity. The OP is expressing displeasure with the cost of a virtual dye, not looking to buy a Ferrari....that's a silly comparison.

As for the dye...Bioware can charge what they like. I hope they're making cash hand over fist on the dye. I also think it's a total **** move on their part, but they've monetized customization and character individuality since 2.1 with the character design kiosks. It's what they'll continue to do. I expect crap colors to be the norm to incentivize players buying the dyes.

As for the dye...Bioware can charge what they like. I hope they're making cash hand over fist on the dye. I also think it's a total **** move on their part, but they've monetized customization and character individuality since 2.1 with the character design kiosks. It's what they'll continue to do. I expect crap colors to be the norm to incentivize players buying the dyes.

well they need to get the cash from somewhere, specially with mr.musco saying somewhere, that this game will never go p2w...

Apparently, if they charge anybody for anything anymore, it is "milking." What it actually is, is giving us options. Don't want to buy random dye packs in hopes of getting the rarest colors? Don't want to spend millions of creds in-game to get the rarest colors? Hey, look, you can just buy it now! So, there are plenty of options to obtain these things that are so sought-after. Don't like the price? Don't buy it. That's how you give feedback. They'll know if people are willing to pay the price or not. If not... it'll drop.

Apparently, if they charge anybody for anything anymore, it is "milking." What it actually is, is giving us options. Don't want to buy random dye packs in hopes of getting the rarest colors? Don't want to spend millions of creds in-game to get the rarest colors? Hey, look, you can just buy it now! So, there are plenty of options to obtain these things that are so sought-after. Don't like the price? Don't buy it. That's how you give feedback. They'll know if people are willing to pay the price or not. If not... it'll drop.

The price is outlandish, even you can't argue that it isn't. Unlike almost every other expensive CM item, it's only ONE use...making the cost that much more ridiculous.

The price is outlandish, even you can't argue that it isn't. Unlike almost every other expensive CM item, it's only ONE use...making the cost that much more ridiculous.

so if they charged $40 for a varactyl or $50 for the Aggressor that's outlandish as well? They should make it what $4 so EVERYONE can have multiple copies and nothing is rare?

here is the forums in a nutshell:

Spawn rates on rare mob is to low, I have to wait 10+ hours to farm it inorder to get the speeder (of the dozen i have already).

RE is too hard, I RE'd 10 items and never got a schematic.

I opened 10 packs and never got a <insert item> BW is scum for getting kids into gambling. Please allow us to buy these items individually

Individual item is too expensive BW is scum for price gouching.

The price is actually very reasonable if you consider the price of BB/WW dyes on the GTN and the current "exchange rate" between CCs and credits.

If you can't afford it that's your problem. Same thing if you don't want to buy it.

If people want to buy them it is nobody's business but their own. Stop with the faux outrage :rolleyes:

so if they charged $40 for a varactyl or $50 for the Aggressor that's outlandish as well? They should make it what $4 so EVERYONE can have multiple copies and nothing is rare?

here is the forums in a nutshell:

You missed the point - Those items can be used for the life of this game for the $40 or $50 example - once added to the collection, they can never be "lost" or "used".

The rest of your post is just gibberish. Stick to the topic.

I didn't say the price wasn't outlandish. I'm certainly not going to spend that kind of cash on it... unless maybe they add it to collections. Even then, it would have to be with coins I bought for half price (whenever that's working).

The price is actually very reasonable if you consider the price of BB/WW dyes on the GTN and the current "exchange rate" between CCs and credits.

If you can't afford it that's your problem. Same thing if you don't want to buy it.

If people want to buy them it is nobody's business but their own. Stop with the faux outrage :rolleyes:

I can afford it - that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it.

I'm not "outraged" either...if you'd bother to read my replies on this, I've expressed multiple times that I hope Bioware is making a fortune on it.

You're comparing a vanity item to a car? You also need to compare build quality, materials, labour and all that malarkey.

An expansion has a different build quality, labour than someone tweaking the RGB values and adding a new item.

Gratz to the OP, you managed to get the full parade of parrots out on their perches for this one.

"If you don't like it don't buy it" SQUAWK

"it's a vanity item, they can charge what they want" SQUAWK

"If people want to pay, let them" SQUAWK

Someone even mentioned a Ferrari again, yay! Aren't those usually red though rather than black?