Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

CourtneyWoods

Congrats on reviving and then destroying ranked queues in the span of two days.

You gave people the motivation to try something new, some of them may have even enjoyed it enough to keep at it as they got more experience and the sweet taste of victory. Then you completely removed it in 48 hours by letting everyone know they would be getting the reward regardless.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on reviving and then destroying ranked queues in the span of two days.

You gave people the motivation to try something new, some of them may have even enjoyed it enough to keep at it as they got more experience and the sweet taste of victory. Then you completely removed it in 48 hours by letting everyone know they would be getting the reward regardless.

Getting 1500 rating only requires like 2 days to get anyways..

In a slightly related question: I'm a newer player (2 months) and started pvping about three weeks ago for my endgame fix. Have done well learning the ropes reading online guides etc. Got myself onto full conq and several obroan by converting comms. i jumped into ranked with the news and did okay with 8 wins 8 loses on pub side got to 1150 rating then yesterdy was quing solo and I kept battling the exact same imp group over and over with different team my side each match (gradual variations). the question is do they pit pugs v premades in ranked and if so why have a separate rating system if theyc gonna do that? Seems like everybody should go premade then killing solo Qs for people not in PvP guild lower the available pool for matches. PS if ranked dies again there gonna have to start allowing 3v3 2v2 & 1v1 for ranked cause converting comms is PvP NiM Compared to doing ranked matches. I was sooo pleased when ranked started popping. Thnks for replies.

because ranked popped had literally died by the time they reset rating and season 1 officially started.

remember it started way after arenas went live. the only servers with ranked pops were pvp servers, others had the occasional group ranked but solo died within a month on most servers, way before season 1 started lol.

thanks for the "unique" mount devs. rather, the unique skin lol.

Edited by colmiak

thanks for the "unique" mount devs. rather, the unique reskin lol.

Can't reskin a mount that doesn't actually exist, that will be completely exclusive for at least 2 months, and even then only accessible to the relatively small number that can clear NiM, and they still have to hope that it drops and even if it does they only have a 1:8 or 1:16 chance of winning it.

Edited by NoFishing

The Rancor should be exclusive to the top dogs in PvP and remain there. The reason why? Because you should have to be able to work for something if you have it. Too many times these days games come out and there is absolutely nothing that you have to actually work for anymore. The items don't have any real...pride behind them because you know you are going to get them if you keep doing that warzone, or raid.

There needs to be systems put in place again in games that reward the people that are good at what they do. Everybody should not, I repeat, should NOT get a reward just because they participated. If you want something? You work for it. You sweat for it. You give it your 100 percent all. If you fail? Keep going and next time do it! It might take 100 times for you to fail. But when you finally get it and you get better at it and you KNOW in your head that you did it and earned it, there is nothing else in the world that is a better feeling than that.

Too many people these days have been raised or are raised on the notion, "Everybody deserves a chance to win. And if they don't win you still deserve a trophy for trying." No, no, no. That doesn't teach anything! All it is doing is not hurting the person's feelings. That's it! There is no logical sense in giving anything away because what it is doing is automatically taking away the feeling of reward, accomplishment, success and pride of knowing YOU did it. There is no appreciation anymore for the thing you just got and worked towards. There is no more, "wow, he's really good. I want that! I think I'll work really, really hard for it so maybe next time I can have it." Why would somebody do that these days if you just get it for showing up?

Also, too many people these days give up. Surrender. Quit. You know why? If they do not get what they want the first go around, a lot of them mentally quit. They give up. They cry about not getting that thing that is at the end because "it's too hard" or "screw that, I just want it without work". That is BECAUSE of the way children are being raised these days. They expect too much. You should NOT get a trophy for failing. If at first you fail? Keep going! Keep going! KEEP GOING! Never give up. Never surrender. Never quit. You will notice that before long you will be very good at skills that are in the path to get to the thing you want. And when you get that something? You will feel 100x better than if you just had it handed to you without doing the work. I guarantee that!

Keep the Rancor mount to the top PvPers. Get this game back to the old ways of mmos where you need to work for something to have it not just have it handed to you because you participated in playing the game. Thank you.

The Rancor should be exclusive to the top dogs in PvP and remain there. The reason why? Because you should have to be able to work for something if you have it.

This model can only work in pure-subscription MMOs. In hybrid or F2P MMOs, demand for such items is how the game receives RL money to fund continued development.

Keep the Rancor mount to the top PvPers. Get this game back to the old ways of mmos where you need to work for something to have it not just have it handed to you because you participated in playing the game. Thank you.

The old ways are fading. Which is basically the point of my futile griping. Exclusives or first gets aren't a part of why I enjoy playing, but I recognize that it matters to plenty and prefer to see the want it/earn it model favored over shops.

It's reality but I reserve the right to ***** about it.

Hey folks,

• Giradda’s mount, the armored and tattooed Rancor is a unique appearance that will be exclusive only to our PvP Season one, Tier 1 reward winners.
  • Inside of Nightmare Dread Palace, our Operations players will have a chance to get a very rare mount, a Cyborg Rancor. .

In short, the specific appearance for the Arena mount and the Cyborg Rancor Ops mount will be unique models, but you can expect to see other Rancor mounts around the fleet in time. Hopefully that answers your questions.

Thanks!

-eric

How come a Rancor mount is being a rare drop in NiM DP when it should be a NiM DF mount due to that's where the rancor is.

Perhaps I'm missing something but there are unique PVE only mounts like the Titan6 mount and EC NIM tank mount that are not available on the CM. Why aren't there PVP only mounts?

I'm not a regular PVPer and I understand that reusing art assets is the economical choice but on the other hand exclusivity should be given more weight.

Edited by Projawa

Perhaps I'm missing something but there are unique PVE only mounts like the Titan6 mount and EC NIM tank mount that are not available on the CM. Why aren't there PVP only mounts?

The S&V mount is just plain old ugly. Nobody wants that. ;)

The EC NiM tank mount pre-dates the CM, but other fully-enclosed mounts such as the Stardrive Flash are starting to appear in the CM, so it seems likely we will see similar mounts in the future, probably more tank-like.

The TfB pod is a Gree-style mount, and there are others available through other means, including the CM.

Can't reskin a mount that doesn't actually exist, that will be completely exclusive for at least 2 months, and even then only accessible to the relatively small number that can clear NiM, and they still have to hope that it drops and even if it does they only have a 1:8 or 1:16 chance of winning it.

meh, edited just for you.

point is, it's no longer (or ever was, i guess) a unique mount.

Me, I have always been against Eliticism, and therefore I bcould never understand supporting Eliticism by giving out things to a select few people.

If you look at printed Biographies from the last 500 years, almost none is about a person from the hard working classes (the "bottom feeders", as PvP players call them) (from which The Beatles stem from, by the way), but almost exclusively about those who had profited from their hard work. If you look around, you can see luxurious mansions buiild by those who had profited by selling the things at an high price without paying a lot of wages to those who work at the bottom. In Bangladesh, one of the countries which is at the same time one of the poorest countries, and at the same time producing most of our "western" clothes, workers were killed because firm owner gave a BEEEP on building security. Everyone believes that "workers ? They are easily replaceable". The police was ordered to shoot at those who did a protest for higher wages only a few months ago, if I recall the newspaper correctly. To put it cynically, in an Machiavelli way of thinking, there always has to be a country in this world that is poor, because this is the only way to ensure that there can be factories in which people are paid much, much lower wages than in the richer countries. Good, if such a country is drained by a Kleptocracy, because that means that people will stay poor.

That is why I'm against Eliticism, so, introducing actual rewards for being an Eliticist is for me not understandable. It just supports the way of thinking that "we are the top, everyone else is just a "bottom feeder", "window licker", "keyboard turner" or simply a "bad". With the several meanings of the word "bad" most likely being intended.

Giving out rewards for Eliticism just makes people think that these rewards officially allow them to be rude to everyone who doesn't belong to their circles of Elites.

Oh boo hoo, you don't have the patience or skill to complete the hardest content in the game so you're going to call it eliticism because for some strange reason you find it unfair even though you can obtain it yourself if you bothered to put some effort it.

There is nothing wrong with having unique content that has to be EARNED through participation and completing difficult content. The point of doing the harder content is to be REWARDED. I mean, would you compete in the olympics if everyone who was competing got a gold medal? "Congrats all, you're all amazing, heres a gold for EVERYONE!!! WOOOO!!!"

The tears.... they are simply EPIC!!! :D

(And thanks, BW, for confirming what I already suspected anyway. I'm just surprised so many didn't see the 'future options' of the Rancor coming, or actually believe it wouldn't go down like this. I'm one of the people who don't PvP and felt that the Rancor should be exclusive (at least, for a good time) to the 1500+ ranks (not even sure if I even want one, tbh), but I knew in my heart that EA wouldn't let an opportunity for future cash to come in...)

So, I think it sucks for the PvP players, but I also feel it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's been playing this game for any amount of time. Still, doesn't stop me from enjoying the wailing and gnashing of teeth... :)

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

You sure are.

The tears.... they are simply EPIC!!! :D

(And thanks, BW, for confirming what I already suspected anyway. I'm just surprised so many didn't see the 'future options' of the Rancor coming, or actually believe it wouldn't go down like this. I'm one of the people who don't PvP and felt that the Rancor should be exclusive (at least, for a good time) to the 1500+ ranks (not even sure if I even want one, tbh), but I knew in my heart that EA wouldn't let an opportunity for future cash to come in...)

So, I think it sucks for the PvP players, but I also feel it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's been playing this game for any amount of time. Still, doesn't stop me from enjoying the wailing and gnashing of teeth... :)

Those aren't tears, those are special snowflakes, melting.

The Rancor should be exclusive to the top dogs in PvP and remain there.

Perhaps you need to re-read Eric Musco's post.

The reason why? Because you should have to be able to work for something if you have it.

News flash to you: TOR is a game, not a job. If you're "working" at it, you're doing ti wrong.

Get this game back to the old ways of mmos where you need to work for something to have it not just have it handed to you because you participated in playing the game

I think UO and EQ1 are still around. Knock yourself out.

Edited by branmakmuffin

You sure are.

Those aren't tears, those are special snowflakes, melting.

Perhaps you need to re-read Eric Musco's post.

News flash to you: TOR is a game, not a job. If you're "working" at it, you're doing ti wrong.

I think UO and EQ1 are still around. Knock yourself out.

I thought you could buy high level characters in EQ1 though , that isn't "earning" anything or "working" for anything , not sure about UO though.

The old school MMO's of old do indeed seem to be dead or almost dead. If you have a cash shop of any kind , then the player can bypass things to gain ground without having to play the game much. No matter , I kind of like the hybrid model of SWTOR at least it kept it going.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

It's all just really underwhelming. They postpone the announcement of the rewards of season one (which should have been announced AT THE START of the season to begin with) and then give us "exclusives" that aren't even exclusive. This tiny variant **** is getting old BW. This coming from someone who has played your game since early access.

Where's the incentive? Rehashed existing armors and mounts that have a slight visual change to make them "exclusive"? None of the systems to properly support competitive play like a tournament system with meaningful rewards, cross server q's, more fun gametypes?

Your hype has once again been a load of hot air. You keep making us excited for "awesome rewards" and changes that will make us happy that just disappoint your loyal playerbase. In that sense F2P has really killed the spirit of the game I feel, slight variations on the same mounts being sold over and over again. Too much emphasis on how you should be optimizing gains from the cartel store instead of finding areas in the game that need actual improving and bring the fun back into the game. What is the sub money going towards? Either these last 2 expansions live up to your hype and actually deliver, or this game won't see a succesful 4th year imho.

It's all just really underwhelming. They postpone the announcement of the rewards of season one (which should have been announced AT THE START of the season to begin with) and then give us "exclusives" that aren't even exclusive. This tiny variant **** is getting old BW. This coming from someone who has played your game since early access.

Where's the incentive? Rehashed existing armors and mounts that have a slight visual change to make them "exclusive"? None of the systems to properly support competitive play like a tournament system with meaningful rewards, cross server q's, more fun gametypes?

Your hype has once again been a load of hot air. You keep making us excited for "awesome rewards" and changes that will make us happy that just disappoint your loyal playerbase. In that sense F2P has really killed the spirit of the game I feel, slight variations on the same mounts being sold over and over again. Too much emphasis on how you should be optimizing gains from the cartel store instead of finding areas in the game that need actual improving and bring the fun back into the game. What is the sub money going towards? Either these last 2 expansions live up to your hype and actually deliver, or this game won't see a succesful 4th year imho.

^^qft

FUMING MAD .... what the hell ... why should there be a special mount just for pvp'ers ... and why is it a rancor.

Last thing I want to do is grind pvp that much so I can have the rancor mount I have been wanting since launch. Please tell me there will be a rancor mount for PVEers too. So sick of this game giving hand outs to PVPers and wondering why its PVE players are dropping like flies.

PVP doesn't keep MMOs alive PVE does ... time Bioware starts realizing this before this games PVEers start looking to other games ... see how long this game lasts without its Raiders and PVEers.