tactical flashpoints or worst fp ever.

Did this with my guild last night and the whole experience was as flat as a pancake, unfortunately this is a result of F2P with everything being dumbed down to accommodate for a more social player base. Gone are the days where we are going to get challenging end game content.

Eve Online is that way ------->

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite franky I think it is one of the better ideas BW had.

Did it with my lowbie shadow tank and some friends twice. I like that can basically group up with everybody below 55, so due to asynchronous leveling speed, it makes it easier to do it as a group. XP is good and it is a bit dynamic, so it isnt always the same way. I do not consider it interesting endgame wise. But it is a nice addition as leveling content. If you have seen all the storys and have done all the old fps a zillion times, it is just nice to have something new.

It is not challenging but that is what operations are for basically.

Doesn't mean i am not in for a new HM FP LI style. Maybe they can introduce nightmare modes:P

I think it is exactly what it is supposed to be. This was not meant as an endgame flashpoint. Hopefully HM will be added soon with some decent rewards and until then I'll work towards being able to solo the last couple of bosses (got major Benes down to a routine pretty easily)

The czerka sm FPs where you have one perons standing next to the medpack and ignore every mechanic, just killing the bosses without much movement?

I never said the czerka FPs were perfect, just that they felt much more like a flashpoint than...this thing we got this patch.

"Challenging End-Game Content." While I can't find your specific lien, I'll quote the important part. I'm not sure if you payed any attention to the devs on this, but this Flashpoint wasn't intended to be "challenging end-game content." The flashpoint wouldn't be available to so many levels, if that were the case. Your other statements are also quite fallacious, you're making an assumption that free-to-play is causing this, yet can't provide evidence for this claim, merely assumptions.

While I myself have not yet experienced the new flashpoint, I plan to take it for what it is: a fairly simple run-through that I can use as a time-waste.

--Krista

I gotta say, Kuat is really underwhelming, especially when you compare it to the czerka SMs.

TBH, I don't like CZ SMs that much, mainly because they play exactly like a StrategicTM [i.e., non-Tactical, or 'regular"] flashpoint that's been dumbed down too much. Specifically, since CZ HMs are "regular" flashpoints, I found the SM->HM transition difficult because I rarely ever had a Tank+Heal+2xDPS SM run, which meant no real way to practice the mechanics before hitting HM.

I think the fact that there is no HM Kuat is good, although I would definitely not mind seeing one as long as it keeps the tactical feel and doesn't just become a standard Burger/Movie/BackSeat (trinity) affair.

If you wanted *another* trinity fp with lots of story scenes through which people will yell at you to spacebar by the end of Day 1, you probably won't like Kuat that much. I don't want BW to cut story all together, but I don't mind seeing them trying new things.

TBH, I don't like CZ SMs that much, mainly because they play exactly like a StrategicTM [i.e., non-Tactical, or 'regular"] flashpoint that's been dumbed down too much. Specifically, since CZ HMs are "regular" flashpoints, I found the SM->HM transition difficult because I rarely ever had a Tank+Heal+2xDPS SM run, which meant no real way to practice the mechanics before hitting HM.

I think the fact that there is no HM Kuat is good, although I would definitely not mind seeing one as long as it keeps the tactical feel and doesn't just become a standard Burger/Movie/BackSeat (trinity) affair.

If you wanted *another* trinity fp with lots of story scenes through which people will yell at you to spacebar by the end of Day 1, you probably won't like Kuat that much. I don't want BW to cut story all together, but I don't mind seeing them trying new things.

Fair enough.

I do like the traditional instance model (trash, boss, trash, boss) along with the story, even if I space bar through it after the first time.

Personal preference.

In the words of Fridge/Rhom, "I don't like things that are different." Now get off my lawn! -shakes fist-

Edited by Beslley

Fair enough.

I do like the traditional instance model (trash, boss, trash, boss) along with the story, even if I space bar through it after the first time.

Personal preference.

In the words of Fridge/Rhom, "I don't like things that are different." Now get off my lawn! -shakes fist-

Don't get me wrong, I like the HMs (which use the traditional model). I didn't like the fact that the SMs didn't, so didn't prepare you for the HM. In SM, my conc op didn't have to leave the water to fight the electro-droid. That's with minimal off-healing, no party healer, and not using the kolto stations. Go to hard mode and get kicked for "not knowing the fight". Couldn't learn the fight in SM, nobody wanted people new to the fight on HM.

Also, BW put the CZ HMs in with the regular 55 HMs for GF, even though they were orders of magnitude harder (because I never had a "real" SM run to use as practice).

I don’t like this FP at all because its easy people do not even stay in a group all run everywhere just killing everything. 0% group work. Some heroics quests are harder than this.

FP like this are good till lvl 55 for levelling as people do not have to wait in a q, but then problem is they do not learn team work.

I would like to see more stuff like LI HM in its first week it was supper challenge and good time killer.

But I guess we will never get anything like LI ( or even LI lvl 55 with its original mechanics)

BW at the moment its crafting stuff for kids and whiners even new Ops are too easy just look at EC after so many nerves people in 78 gear are still struggling to complete EC nim I have even seen people wiping on tanks in HM.

I don’t like this FP at all because its easy people do not even stay in a group all run everywhere just killing everything. 0% group work. Some heroics quests are harder than this.

FP like this are good till lvl 55 for levelling as people do not have to wait in a q, but then problem is they do not learn team work.

I would like to see more stuff like LI HM in its first week it was supper challenge and good time killer.

But I guess we will never get anything like LI ( or even LI lvl 55 with its original mechanics)

BW at the moment its crafting stuff for kids and whiners even new Ops are too easy just look at EC after so many nerves people in 78 gear are still struggling to complete EC nim I have even seen people wiping on tanks in HM.

Chain-pulling.

People seem to loooooove chain-pulling --as in the whole damned map at once, practically-- in this one :/

The boss-fights are pretty fun in these, though, I'd like more like these.

But until the boss, it's not a group thing at all, it's four individuals Leeroying around the map into things like idiots.

Dear community

In my opinion this fp is best (even for me as a pvp player) because :

- very fast

- much xp

- no need heal/tank

- you learn to use your class

- playable lvl 10-54

But playing as lvl 55 = waste of time.

Edited by Nacktebatz

But until the boss, it's not a group thing at all, it's four individuals Leeroying around the map into things like idiots.

I don't blame the players or think them idiots. If a dozen of those little adds can't kill us, why shouldn't we pull a dozen at a time, each? Blame the FP for being way too easy in the first 2 scenarios.

The lack of interaction with NPCs to unfold the story line confers the impression that I am doing dailies. This is how [insert crappy flashpoint name] usually pans out for me :

1. Respec from Watchman to Smash

2. Queue for FP

3. Talk to the cat person

4. Board ship, lag much lag, smash all, exit area.

5. Queue again

6. Talk to the cat person

7. Board ship, lag much lag, smash all in a different order / different scenario, exit area.

If you guys call this a flashpoint then what are the others? I mean let's be honest, this is clearly the most unimaginative piece of content we have ever been given. Click boxes, destroy missiles (Makeb dailies anyone?), smash mobs, exit area. What happened to story immersion? You know like in the previous Flashpoints? Sure, not everyone likes them but it would give me a break from all the running and killing.

I won't even get into the role neutral aspect of this instance because in my opinion any content that does not respect the wholly trinity is a waste of time.

Amen. After 2 runs of KDY, I decided it is ridiculously tedious. Not hard...just so tedious I want to throw my toon into the pit on the fleet station when the "random" FP ends up being KDY--which seems to be somewhat less than random lately. And the lag that I seem to get when either looting or using attacks just adds to the tedium. Not exactly BW's finest hour.

I think a lot of you are forgetting that this flashpoint does not replace any of the current content. They put it in primarily as a way for ppl of different levels to play together (like those nights when everyone on in the guild is leveling but nowhere near the same lvl), and as a fun alternative to waiting in queues for hours as a dps. Or, as an alternative to pvp or gsf when you get sick of doing planet quests but still want to work on leveling.

It does all of those things. And to be honest, the fact that it changes every time you play to stay fresh is actually pretty impressive. They are not dramatically changing their focus for future content here, they're just giving players more options.

Why do people whine about this fp ? You don't need to play it. I'm really sure pvp players love it. Why complain about those small laggs lol ? There are other more important things to whine about. Bioware did a great job ! :)

Anyway i hope that the fp's content will be stronger next time.

Edited by Nacktebatz

Or, as an alternative to pvp or gsf when you get sick of doing planet quests but still want to work on leveling.

Main reason why I love this new FP. I get really bored doing quests on same planet really fast so it's good way to take break from that. It's usually fast run now that people know how to play through it.

I have a feeling I'll hate KDY more than killing 500 bormu on Balmorra after completing the achievements for it. They require at least 40 runs through this derp-fest

For me it's not about killing same enemies over and over again, it's about changing scenery.

that is precisely why they introduced it I think, but I disagree with your assertion that they dont learn teamwork. through the repetition you learn bits and pieces of it whether you want to or not. Don't go off alone, find objectives to complete, wait till everyone is ready before proceeding, kill adds , really basic stuff, but its a start for a lot of people who mostly solo through the game