PvE players get PvP GEAR if you want to do PvP

Ronyrone

An american playing 10 games of Halo a day is getting the same exprience and practice as an Australian playing 10 matches too. But yea I know why we get beaten by Americans when we verse them from our country over the internet is due to lag and server placement (surprise most game's servers are in america), and why Americans are like lol what is **** when an Australian hosts a match instead.

This is a fantastic example, and I'm very glad you brought it up, because you have highlighted just where your reasoning falls short.

At higher levels of play, an Australian does NOT get the same experience playing ten games of Halo that an American does, for the exact reason I outlined earlier. In the US, teams like Instinct, Status Quo, Warriors, Dynasty, etc, etc, are scrimming each other constantly. Because there is a much larger competitive community, there is a much greater amount of high level competition going on. More players rise to the top, and more players get extensive experience playing on LAN, and are able to develop their skill set to a much greater degree (this is on top of a larger playerbase lending itself to higher peaks in terms of individual ability).

By your theory, Team Immunity should place near the top of MLG Halo tournaments, but instead they get eliminated by teams like Reality Check (LOL). They did manage 9th in the recent Halo 4 event, which is definitely impressive, but then again they have Ogre 1, so they're only 3/4 Australian strictly speaking.

Also lol at assuming the US or EU are the best at starcraft, is that the koreans I hear calling?

Lol at your sad attempts to errect a strawman. That's not what I said, and you know it.

Edited by Aurojiin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really Clone really and where have you been havent seen you swtor a while

Been playing other games and getting out and about more ahahah.

And in a few days when Black Ops 2 comes out I will most probably be away from SWTOR for another month or so ahaha

This is a fantastic example, and I'm very glad you brought it up, because you have highlighted just where your reasoning falls short.

At higher levels of play, an Australian does NOT get the same experience playing ten games of Halo that an American does, for the exact reason I outlined earlier. In the US, teams like Instinct, Status Quo, Warriors, Dynasty, etc, etc, are scrimming each other constantly. Because there is a much larger competitive community, there is a much greater amount of high level competition going on. More players rise to the top, and more players get extensive experience playing on LAN, and are able to develop their skill set to a much greater degree (this is on top of a larger playerbase lending itself to higher peaks in terms of individual ability).

By your theory, Team Immunity should place near the top of MLG Halo tournaments, but instead they get eliminated by teams like Reality Check (LOL). They did manage 9th in the recent Halo 4 event, which is definitely impressive, but then again they have Ogre 1, so they're only 3/4 Australian strictly speaking.

Lol at your sad attempts to errect a strawman. That's not what I said, and you know it.

Firstly, my reasoning does fall short when it comes to a professional standard of gaming i.e. MLG competitions, what I am talking about is not for professional gamers but for amateur gamers which would be a majority of gamers regardless of location.

Secondly you said the US and EU were better at halo, cs and Starcraft then everyone else or implied it that way and it is common knowledge that Korea has some of the best Starcraft players at an amateur and professional level. Not exactly a strawman trying to point out that other countries have better players in different games then your supposed US an EU monolopy on skill.

Edited by aVmuse

Been playing other games and getting out and about more ahahah.

And in a few days when Black Ops 2 comes out I will most probably be away from SWTOR for another month or so ahaha

Well, goodbye Clone. Will miss all the funny stuff you have been saying on ts.

Wow, you guys got no noobs to farm or something? Gotta admit, I wee a bit when Carthy or Lycaon heads over to my node... and I pooped a bit when I saw this in a Voidstar... https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45118787/SWTOR/awman.PNG

this made my night.

and CLONE DON'T LEAVE I NEED TO HEAR YOUR SEXUAL HARASSMENT, STAY!!!

Edited by BattleGracefully

Secondly you said the US and EU were better at halo, cs and Starcraft then everyone else or implied it that way and it is common knowledge that Korea has some of the best Starcraft players at an amateur and professional level. Not exactly a strawman trying to point out that other countries have better players in different games then your supposed US an EU monolopy on skill.

To be strictly fair, I said they were better than us, not everybody.

This all started because Daffy got very angsty about the idea that someone might have killed him once in an abnormal scenario, yet he didn't remember it (not that he takes the game seriously or anything). That seems like a pretty silly thing to get upset about when you're playing a low-skill game* on a relatively unpopulated server with very little good competition, which was my ultimate point.

*Yes, I do consider SWTOR a low-skill game, which is why I don't PVP. We'll have to just live with disagreeing on this one.

In any case, as Clone eloquently expressed (<3 Clone), you could just ignore me. Take notes from Carthy.

Edited by Aurojiin

CLONE DON'T LEAVE I NEED TO HEAR YOUR SEXUAL HARASSMENT, STAY!!!

pfft, I never sexually harass anyone... I would never do that especially on the FORUMS.. (shhh kiega) ahhahahahha

I'm not leaving xD anyone is free to add me skype and message me most probably I'll come along for a session :)

(mrclone01) skype babes ex oh ex oh

• 2 weeks later...

I don't PvP in JUST PvE gear, I have a war hero relic... :-P I can't wait to get some PvP gear eventually, I'm slowly saving up ranked comms so that one day I can go from near the top in WZs to actually top.

On a side note, Carthy and Daffy, trying to remember, were you the guys camped out at Outlaws Den last weekend?

On a side note, Carthy and Daffy, trying to remember, were you the guys camped out at Outlaws Den last weekend?

Only time we were there was to get the Hk items sorry (I guess) if you were one of those mind walkers Shadows we killed but hey lets not you forget you both attacked me first :rolleyes:

I think a lot of the people camping Outlaw's Den were from SN or another republic guild, maybe Gimp? I know SN has been there a lot, but the only pub i remember was Lucas the guardian

We were there, killing pubs and letting imps through on the Friday, as far I know. Mind Walkers and Gimp both were there at different times.

I think a lot of the people camping Outlaw's Den were from SN or another republic guild, maybe Gimp? I know SN has been there a lot, but the only pub i remember was Lucas the guardian

it was SnX and gimps were there but doing the hk items too unless you were talking wednesday night then that was myself and avmuse from gimp and we only showed up cause one of our guildies was getting ganked. oh and av an i also got into a epeenfest with TA cause we can.

good times

Only time we were there was to get the Hk items sorry (I guess) if you were one of those mind walkers Shadows we killed but hey lets not you forget you both attacked me first :rolleyes:

I'm not part of mindwalkers so it wasn't you then. I think it was actually some people from either Minwalkers or TA now that I think about it. Was wondering because I remember some group of 4 being there and annoying everyone, so we were picking them off to lets pubs through.

Was funny when Toefu and Lucasjodokast were camping Outlaw's Den. Cynthia was on a pub toon trying to get the piece and got ganked by them. So we decided to jump on imp alts, grabbed Lycaon and Carthy, rolled into Outlaw's Den only to see Toefu and Lucas piss-bolt like we were the coming apocalypse.

They didn't get far. :p

Edited by BennyKrak

Was funny when Toefu and Lucasjodokast were camping Outlaw's Den. Cynthia was on a pub toon trying to get the piece and got ganked by them. So we decided to jump on imp alts, grabbed Lycaon and Carthy, rolled into Outlaw's Den only to see Toefu and Lucas piss-bolt like we were the coming apocalypse.

Wonderful news.

Was more funny when the level 27 attacked us at the outpost lol!

Edited by Didy_Kush