Where do I start??

greeneguy

So, I don't know much at all about the lore of this game or much else of Star Wars...the most I've done is watch the movies and now play this game. If I wanted to read a book, possibly play a game, to being understanding the lore, where should I start? The timeline is very confusing to me! haha

There are two or three books (sorry you will have to look them up) that were/are released along side Swtor that tell stories relative to the game.

Also I suggest reading wookieepedia for The Old Republic entries (basically everything related to your character and stuff in game) and after going through few dozen links you will start getting a good picture or the era.

The main Swtor site also has lots of info already on it's home page and Holonet. Keep checking and reading your codex in game as well as you progress.

The Fatal Alliance

Deceived

Revan

The first two are great books, although both felt too short (I suppose that's a good thing). Reading Revan now.

Other than that, the good old Wookiepedia is a great source for all things related to Star Wars, including the Old Republic era. The SWTOR site also does a good job at creating an overview of things.

Other than that, the good old Wookiepedia is a great source for all things related to Star Wars, including the Old Republic era. The SWTOR site also does a good job at creating an overview of things.

Never played KOTOR, Wookiepedia was my guide to getting into this game's lore, and I sat down for a day and just read on it and wiki-chained constantly, came to find out a LOT of information.

Its a really good source.

By no means is this necessary to enjoy the game. If you'd really like to delve into Old Republic history, here's what I'd recommend.

First, start with the graphic novel Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith

Then the following graphic novels in order:

Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire

Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic

Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising

Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith

Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War

Tales of the Jedi: Redemption

Knights of the Old Republic - (There are 9 graphic novels in this series)

Then, if you feel like it, you can play the following video games:

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords.

That should bring you up to speed to about 300 years before The Old Republic Game.

For more current events, the people before me point you to the excellent timeline links and books set immediately in this period.

Find something in the Star Wars universe that interests you, then read the wookieepedia page about it, follow the links the associated things and learn about them too. Once you get a solid grasp of the basics, memorize the general timeline. Afterward continue on to reading books. Eventually you'll consume much of the vast universe's knowledge.

That's how I started and 4 months later I'm reading the aurebesh signs in game without a translator.

Edited by Saggins