DS/LS points and grouping

FourTwent

Say I want to be pure evil with my character. but the random ppl that I group with want otherwise.

Since it's done on a rolling system, will i lose DS points I would have gained if I had gone and solo'd the place myself?

If I wanna kill an NPC and go down a certain path, losing the roll and someone else choosing to save the NPC sounds like it would piss me off.

Any details on how this works?

You get points on your intentions.

Your team mates may decide not to kill the captain, but if you had selected the option, you'll get the DS points even if you didn't win the roll.

Makes for fun arguments, actually.. :D

Was questing with my friend and I wanted to falsify some data for a scientist, and he didn't. I won the roll; I can only imagine the character just giving mine such a *look*..

Edited by Lheim

You will get your DS points regardless, but if you don't win you may not get to kill said NPC.

There is only one instance I can think of where DS gets screwed and its when you try and leave the ambassador on the ship( newb flashpoint), if you don't win the "We need to talk roll" you dont get any DS points for that section but all the LS ppl do. I think its a bug.

Every other time DS has worked for me.

There is also a point in one of the group quests/flashpoints where the group choosing a specific conversation option leads to another quest, but choosing another option in the same conversation does not.

So if you know about that option and choose the option that will lead to a quest, but the person who wins the conversation roll did not choose that option, then you will not get that quest (I think because you end up killing the quest giver).

In short, grouping is great, but it is good to talk about the options before taking them if you can.

cool. so i still get my DS/LS points

but it seems like if a choice were to take you/the team down a certain path in the story line(like with bioware games, you pick something now and then later in the game you see your choices affect the game) then whoever wins the roll gets to take everyone down this certain path.

is it common practice to discuss these choices/answers between the pick up groups?

isn't probably not devastating outcomes with the story. but it is good to know before jumping into the game/a random group

I haven't got into the Early Release yet, probably will mid-day today, but during beta, there was a rather nasty bug that would some times gray out options in the conversation for some group members (I'm guessing those who didn't win the roll).

Sometimes, when the DS/LS options were present, one or the other would be grayed out. For example: A choice appears with a DS, neutral, or LS choice, you want to choose DS, but it is grayed out, and you can only select neutral or LS. You had three choices in this case:

• Choose the neutral choice
  • Choose the lightside choice
  • Don't choose anything and let it time out

If you didn't choose anything, and just let it time out, you still wouldn't get DS points.

I don't know if this bug is still in game since I haven't got in early access as of yet, but if it is, then there is no way around it that I know.