Star Wars; Rebels Season IV

t-darko

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But season 1 hinted that there was something on Lothal other than just the raw materials and the factory. The Emperor had a special interest. Perhaps it was a cache of Kyber crystals that he needed for the DS, perhaps a force nexus, perhaps a dark side entity, I don't know. I am guessing the Loth-wolves know what the emperor has/wants and are trying to lead Ezra there first.

I've been under impression since I read Thrawn that the mining of precious minerals (specifically the Doonium, but also Dolovite and some others) has been the real reason why the Empire is on Lothal, to strip the planet off its resources (as they did with the Legacy Worlds) for the building of Death Star, and the expansion of Imperial Fleet. I've never considered about that there would be something of interest to Force there, aside from the Jedi Temple.

• 2 weeks later...
I know I hope this becomes true - but still worried especially about Wolffe and Gregor.

Well, he essentially confirmed it in the quote from that article, and why not, why else, as Filoni says, is there a bearded guy on Endor fighting for the Rebels. As for knitting out the fate of the rest of the cast I have faith in Dave Filoni. He has emerged as the only one in the the franchise who actually is creative AND can deliver a decent Star Wars interpretation in his storytelling. I still hold the three last episode in TCW season 5 as some of the best Star Wars Stories ever told.

Mr Filoni gonna make this happen, we may not like it, some of us might even love it, but neither of us will walk away and wonder what just happened . . .

EDIT; Just came across this

for the upcoming season start, kinda underline my point of view;) Edited by t-darko

I'll be eager to find out Thrawn and Pryce's fates. Thanks in part to the Thrawn novel, they're two of my favourite characters from Rebels.

I'm hoping Thrawn, at least, survives the final season.

Filoni has confirmed that Thrawn lives past the events of Rogue One. Timothy Zahn's upcoming novel "Thrawn: Alliances" is set after the events of it.

Filoni has confirmed that Thrawn lives past the events of Rogue One. Timothy Zahn's upcoming novel "Thrawn: Alliances" is set after the events of it.

That is very good news. I am not fond of killing of characters just because they weren't in the old movies so it means they must be dead by then. There can be other reasons for why a certain character was not there at certain points of times. I hope we get even more books and hopefully movies about Thrawn.

That is very good news. I am not fond of killing of characters just because they weren't in the old movies so it means they must be dead by then. There can be other reasons for why a certain character was not there at certain points of times. I hope we get even more books and hopefully movies about Thrawn.

I would love to see Thrawn to make his appearance in silver screen, but I'll be very content with more books about him. Crossing my fingers that he survives "Alliances".

I would love to see Thrawn to make his appearance in silver screen, but I'll be very content with more books about him. Crossing my fingers that he survives "Alliances".

Yeah me too. There is so much potential and as long as Zahn has the ideas they can do so much with him. Killing him off would be such a waste.

Yeah me too. There is so much potential and as long as Zahn has the ideas they can do so much with him. Killing him off would be such a waste.

I agree. I'm really hopeful that Zahn has more in his sleeve to use for Thrawn, and for more Star Wars in general.

Well, well, well!! By the Ol' almighty George Lucas . . . I think I just wet myself :eek:;)

Thank You, Dave, the Cast and All of You all making this happen.

That's how it's done, hope that someone in the driverseat of the Franchise realize this as well . . .

Wow . . .

So, those episodes had some concepts (and plot points) I'm not sure I'm necessarily a fan of, but I thought they were executed extremely well -- enough so that I'm definitely a fan of the episodes themselves.

We've gotten to the point where, for me at least, it's really hard for special effects (especially CGI) to have a "wow factor" anymore just based on their realism / technical achievement, so I absolutely love it when they do something that's creatively striking instead. I thought the scene in the Last Jedi where they had the mirror line of Rey was really engaging, and I found both the mural scenes and the design of the "world between worlds" to be great as well (especially when coupled with some of the music they used).

So, while I'm really not sure how I feel about some of the . . . broader implications for these episodes, I definitely enjoyed them.

Edited by DarthDymond

Dam if this is what they are going to pull on the second last set of episodes I can't wait for the finale.

So far this season has been very predictable (not a bad thing really) but they really surprised me with how they handled

Ahsoka

and I honestly have no idea how they are going to end this. They still need to get Ezra and

Ahsoka

out of the way, and time is running out.

These last episodes were insane. In a very positive way. That [if you saw the episode, you know what] was a total mindf^ck. And the appearance of [if you saw the episode, you know who] was just terrific. I've come from hating that character at the very beginning to loving that person.

I really don't know how they want to wrap all of this up in just two episodes though. It's like they opened Pandora's box. ;)

Hmmm, considering that the Concept of the Force is chiseled out from this 16 second line from E4 by Obi-Wan, i'd say that we, and Ezra, were shown one aspect on how that would work. It's interesting how up to the cave scene in TLJ this kind of revelations have been restricted to the cartoon series.

The concept of how the Force "surrounds us" and "binds the galaxy together" has never really been 'shown' as it is in "World between Worlds". I partly agree with Dymond's concerns on these plot developments concerning the Force and are really expecting a "midichlorian" outcry about it. But handled well it would not be the disaster one sometimes makes this concepts to be.

On the other hand, returning more to what might happen next, Ezra now haw a significant insight in how the Force works. Insights that would explain the Emperor's interest and the Sith's lack of knowledge regarding the Force, it also explains Yoda's many comment on the the topic in his encounters with dokuu and the Palpatine in the PTs.

But as we move through the PT's we learn that the deeper knowledge about the Force is on decline, hence giving Palpatine the upper hand, thru the OTs and now the ST's we learn that all of it seems to be lost.

By knowing what we know thru the lost missions, Mortis and now this thru Ezras experiences, Yoda's dialog with Luke in TLJ makes sense, it also put us the Fan/interested viewer on par(well, sort of) with Yoda's knowledge, that in turn will add an dimension to when we later on will follow Rey's quest for more knowledge of the Force.

My conclusion then. I'm with the Dutchman on this. Those involved, Ezra in particular now need to be killed of. Why? Well his knowledge is lost, there can't be any other outcome of this;

By battling Palpatine, together with the Lothwolfs or even Dume, he will become one with the Force, hence hindering Palpatine from gaining full knowledge(Remember how he fights Yoda in the Lost Missions seemingly in another dimension, just saying)

But Ashoka you ask, I think they'll save her for further use . . .

Edited by t-darko

By knowing what we know thru the lost missions, Mortis and now this thru Ezras experiences, Yoda's dialog with Luke in TLJ makes sense, it also put us the Fan/interested viewer on par(well, sort of) with Yoda's knowledge, that in turn will add an dimension to when we later on will follow Rey's quest for more knowledge of the Force.

That's a very interesting point. I like it.

Those involved, Ezra in particular now need to be killed of. Why? Well his knowledge is lost, there can't be any other outcome of this;

I agree, but I cannot imagine them doing that. Just like with Ahsoka back in TCW. Back then, I was convinced that she would die at the end and that this would be one more reason for Anakin to fall to the dark side. I was totally wrong with my assumption.

My guess: Ahsoka and Ezra will go into hiding, not somewhere, but somewhen in between time and space. Out of reach for everyone, but theoretically still alive. In such a way that they could even come back for Episode IX. (I'm not saying that I think that this will happen, just that the theoretical possibility will be created. They kill the characters without killing them.)