[CONSOLIDATED] Achievement Bugs

CrazyMcGee

Hopefully the devs will take note of this soon. The lore codex bugs have been around for 2 years.

They heard you :D

The Achievement "Loremaster of Quesh" is now able to be completed upon gaining "The Three Families" Lore Codex entry.

The Achievement "Loremaster of Taris" is now able to be completed by Imperial players upon gaining the "Rakghoul Disease" Lore Codex entry.

The Achievement "Loremaster of Tatooine" is now able to be completed upon gaining the "History of Tatooine" Lore Codex entry.

Coming in 2.4.1. I'll try and verify ASAP, but let me know if someone else gets them in the meantime. This is awesome news - the Loremaster title should be available after this patch :D

Edited by CrazyMcGee

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They heard you :D

Coming in 2.4.1. I'll try and verify ASAP, but let me know if someone else gets them in the meantime. This is awesome news - the Loremaster title should be available after this patch :D

I really like that they started fixing the codex entries some time ago. Some months ago when we had the discussions about "subscribers appreciation", I wrote a couple of times that I don't need much great awesome stuff to feel appreciated. Instead smaller things like fixing the codex system would already make me feel really good. I honestly doubted they would go into it. But they do. And they even put nice stories around it in the patch notes.

See, BW, it can be really easy to please your grumpy players. ;)

I really like that they started fixing the codex entries some time ago. Some months ago when we had the discussions about "subscribers appreciation", I wrote a couple of times that I don't need much great awesome stuff to feel appreciated. Instead smaller things like fixing the codex system would already make me feel really good. I honestly doubted they would go into it. But they do. And they even put nice stories around it in the patch notes.

See, BW, it can be really easy to please your grumpy players. ;)

IKR? Hopefully Beastmaster is next on the list and then World Bosses :)

Just got my Loremaster title :D

For info, I killed Dreadtooth at 10 stacks and did get the achievement. So if it is bugged, it is only sometimes.

Looks like Rogue Cartel Warbot is all that is stopping Big Game Hunter.

I've got the Rogue Cartel Warbot.

It looks like if you killed him pre-2.0 then you're good.

So with fixes being implemented is it already time to mention what's plain *missing*?

* Heroic space missions.

* Lucky worldboss (Corellia). Both codex and achievement.

* Voss Worldboss.

* Esh-ka killing on Belsavis

???

Lucky isn't a World Boss though.

A) He doesn't permastun your companion

B) He's not labelled as a "Heroic World Boss" in his tag

• 2 weeks later...
IKR? Hopefully Beastmaster is next on the list and then World Bosses :)

Well, it looks like Beastmaster is definitely being worked on. 1 down, 2 to go (although we can't test it out until Gree). Maybe they'll aim to fix the other two before the next Gree event.

Anyway, updated but can't yet be verified as a fix.

Edited by CrazyMcGee

For the False Emperor flashpoint, killing Jindo Krey does not flag the Jindo Krey achievement. I tried this once in July 2013 and once last night, on different characters and can confirm that this is still not working. This stops you from getting the achievement for completing the False Emperor flashpoint, as well as the advanced and expert achievements for the same. As well, ultimately, from finishing the 'completed all story mode flashpoints once' achievement.

I can only confirm this for story mode, haven't bothered to do hard-mode False Emperor in a while.

For the False Emperor flashpoint, killing Jindo Krey does not flag the Jindo Krey achievement. I tried this once in July 2013 and once last night, on different characters and can confirm that this is still not working. This stops you from getting the achievement for completing the False Emperor flashpoint, as well as the advanced and expert achievements for the same. As well, ultimately, from finishing the 'completed all story mode flashpoints once' achievement.

I can only confirm this for story mode, haven't bothered to do hard-mode False Emperor in a while.

Thanks, updated :)

Odd, I have the normal mode Defeat Jindo Krey achievement, and 3/10 progress for the Advanced one. Although I got mine in May '13, so maybe they broke it since then; I haven't been to normal mode since they took it off the group finder for 55's.

On an unrelated note, for the Rogue Cartel Warbot, I wonder if the issue is that the achievement isn't granting if it self-destructs at the end of the fight, as it did when I solo'd it last night(I did get the codex, but not the achievement). Might be why people who solo it don't get it but people who do it with a large group sometimes do; they do enough dps to kill it before it can self-destruct. I may try putting together an Ops group to test that.

Edited by theStirge

Odd, I have the normal mode Defeat Jindo Krey achievement, and 3/10 progress for the Advanced one. Although I got mine in May '13, so maybe they broke it since then; I haven't been to normal mode since they took it off the group finder for 55's.

On an unrelated note, for the Rogue Cartel Warbot, I wonder if the issue is that the achievement isn't granting if it self-destructs at the end of the fight, as it did when I solo'd it last night(I did get the codex, but not the achievement). Might be why people who solo it don't get it but people who do it with a large group sometimes do; they do enough dps to kill it before it can self-destruct. I may try putting together an Ops group to test that.

Interesting, I do recall that I didn't get the Jindo Krey achievement once, but I thought at the time it was because I was the healer and hadn't touched him. I'd be grateful for any other comments on this and I'll try it myself again soon.

Rogue Cartel Warbot - interesting theory, let me know how you go. Last time I tried this I did solo it, so you could be onto something. Although I haven't seen any confirmed direct reports of someone who has killed it and gotten the achievement since 2.0. I know some people have said they know someone who did, but it's always been a bit vague. Are people definitely able to achieve it since 2.0?

Anyone have a issue getting the Rakghoul Behemoth on hard mode? It's the last one I need for the hard mode meta achievement for 20 cartel coints and also have failed to get it last 2 time's I've actually been tracking it. Was within melee range and caster range both times so unless it's where it's killed I can't get the update. Normal mode I got it no problem, but haven't gone back to work the event for 25 achievement kills.

Corrected: Got RB in Kaon HM tonight, standing right next to him at time of kill.

Edited by Aieranda

Interesting, I do recall that I didn't get the Jindo Krey achievement once, but I thought at the time it was because I was the healer and hadn't touched him. I'd be grateful for any other comments on this and I'll try it myself again soon.

Rogue Cartel Warbot - interesting theory, let me know how you go. Last time I tried this I did solo it, so you could be onto something. Although I haven't seen any confirmed direct reports of someone who has killed it and gotten the achievement since 2.0. I know some people have said they know someone who did, but it's always been a bit vague. Are people definitely able to achieve it since 2.0?

I haven't been able to personally verify the Warbot, but there's a thread about the Jindo Krey bug here in the bug report forum, and someone seems to have confirmed that this is what's happening with basically every mob that can kill itself(or at least that can have a killing blow dealt by something other than a party member). Jindo Krey, the Warbot, the Rakghoul Behemoth, I think a couple of others. This was the issue with Revan at the end of the Foundry, but I think they found that one more easily because he was a self-kill probably 100%(or very close to it) of the time, and these others all seemed more random, with some people getting them and some not. It has a BioWare post in it, which is what brought it to my attention in the first place, so they do at least seem to be aware of the problem and theoretically actively investigating it.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't get the achievement for 8m Storymode Colonel Vorgath in Explosive Conflict OP a few days ago. Has anyone else experienced the same, or if it was just me?

I've done 16m SM EC a few times, and still don't have the achievement for Colonel Vorgath, despite having gotten the Minesweeper title on the last run.

I think we have to look at the positives - we've seen very few achievement bugs in post-2.0 content and they are (slowly) fixing the existing ones.

I'm hoping that now some people have worked out there is an underlying it-explodes-before-you-kill-it-so-no-credit bug that they may be working on a fix for all of these at once. So we may not see anything for a while and then get a lot of fixes at the same time.

What seems funny to me is that aside from the Epic Enemies for flashpoints and operations, codex entries are still being granted properly no matter how you kill stuff, but achievements aren't, which would indicate that there are separate triggers for the codex and achievements. Like, I solo'd the Rogue Cartel Warbot and got the codex entry, but not the achievement. You would think that they would just have the achievement system look for whatever event the codex is looking for.

What seems funny to me is that aside from the Epic Enemies for flashpoints and operations, codex entries are still being granted properly no matter how you kill stuff, but achievements aren't, which would indicate that there are separate triggers for the codex and achievements. Like, I solo'd the Rogue Cartel Warbot and got the codex entry, but not the achievement. You would think that they would just have the achievement system look for whatever event the codex is looking for.

Agreed, that is what you would expect. And must be true to some extent because when achievements were first introduced, we had some achievements already done, which I assumed had come from codex entries.

After unlocking Treek with Fleet Requisition, I got the achievement for having all of the crew, but not the one for getting Treek+HK-51. I don't have Treek as a companion on any of my characters otherwise.

ETA: to be more precise, I have The Gang's All Here complete, but General Crew only has HK, not Treek.

Edited by Gyrfalcon

Agreed, that is what you would expect. And must be true to some extent because when achievements were first introduced, we had some achievements already done, which I assumed had come from codex entries.

It's weird though - people who killed the Rogue Cartel Warbot PRIOR to 2.0 got the achievement, but post 2.0 you can't get it...

The "Big Game Hunter" club is too small, I'd love for more people to join me in it:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...