So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

Lord_Karsk

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First two (Conservator classic) is some nasty trenchcoat. :)

2nd one (Omenbringer) while nice has a perma hood up, weird linings on the hood, lots of ornamentation on the robe and... Belts on its back?!

But who cares now ? My outfits are on their way!!!!

I'd say these are ironic! :)

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

First two (Conservator classic) is some nasty trenchcoat. :)

2nd one (Omenbringer) while nice has a perma hood up, weird linings on the hood, lots of ornamentation on the robe and... Belts on its back?!

But who cares now ? My outfits are on their way!!!!

I'd say these are ironic! :)

Wow, i give up... apparantly, unless its a carbon copy of the ones in the movies they arent "close enough" (which, if you havent noticed, is what every other class is happy with)

Wow, i give up... apparantly, unless its a carbon copy of the ones in the movies they arent "close enough" (which, if you havent noticed, is what every other class is happy with)

Honestly, why do you care?

You do realize that BW will put these in to the CM to make money, which I and many others will gladly buy. This is a key revenue driver of their business model. Anyone interested in this game being successful should hope that they continue to produce CM items that people want.

So please tell me what other items BW could put in the CM that would sell more than classic, iconic Jedi robes???

Out of all the jedi armour in the game - these are indeed the closest to the iconic look (and I've checked, believe me). But they still miss by a mile.

The classic conservators lacks a hood, basically making it a coat, and the omen bringer - which is restricted to Consulars - has indeed got a pinstripe pattern on the sleeves and racing stripes on the back. Classic it ain't.

But glad to see someone else has taken the trouble to scour the armour looking in vain for the classic look.

I'm actually holding out hope for Jedi chest-pieces from the films that aren't robes. Like Anakin and Obi-wan's in ROTS.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XdbGIXKYL.jpg

Jedi have been wearing pretty much the same thing for 20 000 years.Know your canon and lore.

Almost all jedi outfits in this game is not canon and will never be, there is a reason why they dont

dress like that in the movies or the new movies they make, because they dont want star wars fans

in the cinema to start laughing and asking people around them, is this a bad joke ?

It's already put into canon that because of how packed the battlefields were, the Jedi of this era started adding armor onto their simple robes.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XdbGIXKYL.jpg

Jedi have been wearing pretty much the same thing for 20 000 years.Know your canon and lore.

Almost all jedi outfits in this game is not canon and will never be, there is a reason why they dont

dress like that in the movies or the new movies they make, because they dont want star wars fans

in the cinema to start laughing and asking people around them, is this a bad joke ?

Wait wait wait wait wait... so that one book is canon?

But the clone wars isnt?

You seem to pick and choose what is canon and what isnt canon just to fit your own views.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_armor

There are plenty of times where jedi wear armour.

Also, if you want the game to look exactly like the movies in everything, why are you even playing this game? (and no, you cant answer "but i only want the jedi to look the same" because then you are being a hypocrite)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Although I have no timeline to give, I can say that this is in the plans!

As always, I will give more information as I have it.

In the plans as in it's being worked on?

I hope that when these are released, they're released in multiple colors. Not just brown but also dark blue, black, white, etc.

Here are some robes you can try. They are all synthweaving of medium to heavy weight or adaptive. The hood up/downess for some is based upon what kind of head gear you wear and your species.

Medium:

blade master

sentinel

Heavy:

reinforced chanlon (Probably want to get different pants)

knight's crusade

peacekeeper (fairly tatooine-y)

Adaptive: Requires cartel coins

Eradicato'rs Warsuit (chest only) (could be heavy armor with no over belt)

Sanctified caretaker (chest only) (more a "The Clone Wars" style honestly)

Your mileage may vary.

Edited by Ramsese

Here are some robes you can try. They are all synthweaving of medium to heavy weight or adaptive. The hood up/downess for some is based upon what kind of head gear you wear and your species.

Medium:

blade master

sentinel

Heavy:

reinforced chanlon (Probably want to get different pants)

knight's crusade

peacekeeper (fairly tatooine-y)

Adaptive: Requires cartel coins

Eradicato'rs Warsuit (chest only) (could be heavy armor with no over belt)

Sanctified caretaker (chest only) (more a "The Clone Wars" style honestly)

Your mileage may vary.

Oh you can bet they wont be happy with any of those because they dont look exactly like the robes do in the movies...

This isnt really about having outfits that make jedi look like jedi (because they already do), its about getting those exact robes.

Kinda like if troopers started demanding exact copies of clonetrooper armour or bounty hunters demanding to get the exact helmet that boba fett uses or smugglers complaining that han solos outfit isnt available.

Neither of those are in the game, but there are outfits that look close enough...

It would be nice if there were robes that didn't have a hood up.

What's the point in spending ages creating the look of your character if all you can see for 95% of the game is the back of a hood?

None of my Jedi wear any of the main chest pieces for this reason. It all tends to be adaptive stuff.

Still I expect that if they actually gave Jedi some nice looking gear then they'd have to remove Kira's statement regarding the Sith always wearing the latest fashions.

Personally i would very much like to see the traditional robes in the game but also stuff like these:

Imperial Knights1, 2, 3

Lot of different styles

You might say imp knights are thousands of years away but i really dont care about that.

Those look good, also on Korriban a Sith is disgusted that "They don't even wear the Red", so the Armour would work, especially with a few Sith designs in black on them.

• 4 months later...

Remember 1. They have completely stopped adding voice modulation to helmets. completely. Just deleted my Volatile Shock Trooper Helmet for my old .C.E.

2. It took them 6 months to fix 1 of the 3 items with double hood affliction. At more NPCS are now popping up with it. (Poor Darth Marr on Makeb).

I would kill for more non cloak jedi garments and was dissapointed the Aspiring Knights set was added but the chest was butchered.

It's time for a Jedi/Sith robe/tunic ADAPTIVE LEGACY gear.

I'd love to use it on my jedi, put a black dye then use it on my sith: http://www.rarityguide.com/articles/content_images/1/swtor/swtorjediknight.jpg

But we only have Agent/Smuggler/Trooper/BH legacy adaptive gear..

Valiant Jedi set - adaptive & collectable (you could unlock it for whole account).

Relnex set -- // --

You just can't move mods via CM sets.

Any legacy set would do here... with price for removal.