Eric? Update as promised?

Arandem

Ok, we all know that the CM became the game's life support when it was losing subs as fast it used to, and right to a now we all have this game to play and we owe it to the CM. We get that.

But seriously, why does *all* the good looking gear have to be from the Cartel Market? I mean, the Relnex Robes, Valiant Jedi Armor Set, Sanctified Caretaker Set, and so many others are available in the CM. Would it have hurt to make *one* bad-*** looking robe a super rare drop from an HM boss or available only to players who have a PvP rating? Something to incentivize playing the game at higher levels?

The Gree Event Legacy Gear is a step in the right direction, but IMO many more sets of gear need to be available by playing the game as well. Wait let me amend that. Not "as well". I meant "exclusively". There should be a ton of pieces of vanity items like Speeders (like the Desler series) or armor or customizations that are simply *not* available to people who dish out a ton of money. They are only available to people who play the game at higher levels.

So you are saying that someone like me, who doesn't play much end-game since I want to do all 8 storylines (and still havn't) should not have access to the "cool stuff"?

Because that's what you are saying basically. You want stuff to be available only to the people who play the game at higher levels.

As it is right now, you can either buy it with real money, or you can play end game (dailies, ops and more) to make enough credits to buy it in-game off the GTN.

I'd say that is the best compromise to satisfy both those who do end-game and those who don't like end-game.

As to reputation stuff, just because there isn't a jedi outfit there yet, doesn't mean there won't be one in the future.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying that someone like me, who doesn't play much end-game since I want to do all 8 storylines (and still havn't) should not have access to the "cool stuff"?

Because that's what you are saying basically. You want stuff to be available only to the people who play the game at higher levels.

Yes...That is the entire point of end game content.

The Cartel Market gets the good looking gear because it's just all aesthetic pleasures. It has no actual combat value unless you play the game to get the mods to do it. It doesn't really matter if you get the entire Valiant Jedi set, because a person wearing Column will come by and destroy you. Cartel sets are just for looks. They have no power, so if you want to be powerful and look good, you have to do both. But, as it is a fact, you don't have to buy sets from the Market. You can buy them all on the GTN using credits, which you get by playing the game. In essence, you already have what you desire. You play the game and get the best looking gear.

I know the Cartel Gear doesn't give any unique advantages over in-game gear (thank god for that. Doubt this game would be alive if CM was P2W). My point isn't that. My point is, why is there barely any vanity items for people that play the game itself at higher levels? Like in my previous example, the Desler Speeder series. AFAIK, they aren't available for Cartel Coins or Credits, and they're by far among of the most bad-*** speeders in this game. Same with the Cyan/Blue/Red Spheres.

My point is, at the moment there's about two kinds of awesome speeders that are avaible to those who play the game on Hardmodes, as compared to about 10 times as many speeders for those who dish out the cash. Why do *all* the cool items go to CM? They already have Relnex Robes and Valiant Jedi Armor (Traditional Robes, and traditional with armor on it). Why not give one set from an endgame raid? Or endgame PvP? Or both?

When a player plays at the highest level, but is unable to pay real life money for it and can't get the credits, has he lost the right to look cool or something? Why not make similar gear available through multiple channels? Those who wanna pay can pay for it, those who don't can play for it.

As it is right now, you can either buy it with real money, or you can play end game (dailies, ops and more) to make enough credits to buy it in-game off the GTN.

I'd say that is the best compromise to satisfy both those who do end-game and those who don't like end-game.

As to reputation stuff, just because there isn't a jedi outfit there yet, doesn't mean there won't be one in the future.

Hardly. That's not what I meant at all. I meant there should be more for everyone. As of now *all* the cool gear goes to the Cartel Market. What you're saying is, I can't bring myself to dish out $10 everytime a new cool armor set comes out, and I find dailies boring as hell, so I'm not allowed to access cool gear? Because neither do I have the credits, nor do I wanna pay the money IRL.

Adding *all* the cool stuff to CM is silly game design. There needs to be some incentive to play the endgame. And dailies is *not* endgame for many people. I play to have fun, not to constantly grind out credits killing mob number 528172192319231 in my 19283981st run of the daily. Again, if someone else finds that fun, or prefers paying RL money for it, more power to you. But give more unique items. People who do endgame PvE should have something unique to show for it. People who do Ranked PvP should have something unique to show for it. People who go through the pain of grinding dailies should have something unique to show for it. And casuals like yourself (as you mentioned you don't do endgame) who don't mind paying should have something unique to show for it. The latter two already have ton of them. When are the former two gonna get more?

Edited by EzioMessi

Hardly. That's not what I meant at all. I meant there should be more for everyone. As of now *all* the cool gear goes to the Cartel Market. What you're saying is, I can't bring myself to dish out $10 everytime a new cool armor set comes out, and I find dailies boring as hell, so I'm not allowed to access cool gear? Because neither do I have the credits, nor do I wanna pay the money IRL.

Adding *all* the cool stuff to CM is silly game design. There needs to be some incentive to play the endgame. And dailies is *not* endgame for many people. I play to have fun, not to constantly grind out credits killing mob number 528172192319231 in my 19283981st run of the daily. Again, if someone else finds that fun, or prefers paying RL money for it, more power to you. But give more unique items. People who do endgame PvE should have something unique to show for it. People who do Ranked PvP should have something unique to show for it. People who go through the pain of grinding dailies should have something unique to show for it. And casuals like yourself (as you mentioned you don't do endgame) who don't mind paying should have something unique to show for it. The latter two already have ton of them. When are the former two gonna get more?

Well I don't agree with that sentiment at all. I think everyone should be able to get everything without having to do stuff they don't like.

That's why the PvP and PvE sets are basically the same and that's why I think the way it is now is a good compromise.

The company makes money from selling the CM stuff. The people who want to buy it outright can do so for real money. The people who need a bit of in-game money can buy the stuff for real money and sell on the GTN, and the people who don't want to pay real money can buy the stuff on the GTN.

It's hardly his. Wrong color scheme and sack on the back. Looks hardly like Jolee's outfit.

Well that just confirms it, with that amount of pickieness you will never be satisfied. If (well, when) they do add a jedi outfit from KotOR you will be complaining about some minor detail that isn't exactly like it was in the game and you won't be satisfied.

Also, keep in mind that everything that has been included from KotOR so far seems to have been based off the concept art.

No, my friend. This is not Ulic's armor :]

Take a walk around Oricon bases and you'll notice at least 3 new armors on npcs.

We're getting the Sith one very soon so I assume that Ogan Dei's might be the one Eric said will appear within few patches.... : /

Worried sick now.

I've been looking at the Jedi sentinels in the Oricon base with a bit of jealousy. I'm really hoping they release this hooded chest piece they are wearing as an adaptable piece I can wear on my Shadow: http://i.imgur.com/YHMDqwN.png

This Cathar's chest piece isn't too shabby, either: http://i.imgur.com/fXfjDAQ.png

Well I don't agree with that sentiment at all. I think everyone should be able to get everything without having to do stuff they don't like.

That's why the PvP and PvE sets are basically the same and that's why I think the way it is now is a good compromise.

The company makes money from selling the CM stuff. The people who want to buy it outright can do so for real money. The people who need a bit of in-game money can buy the stuff for real money and sell on the GTN, and the people who don't want to pay real money can buy the stuff on the GTN.

This is why WoW and other mmo's have gotten worse over the years. Gamers like you are the worst because gamers like you will cry about something being unfair and want to have access to everything without doing anything. Why even play the game then? MMO's have been dumb down so much because of people like you.

Then we are in complete agreement. I hate using tons of real life money, and I hate doing dailies to earn credits. Where's my traditional Jedi Robe set?

That is hardly a reason to have nearly *everything* cool in the game on the CM. Like I mentioned earlier, there's 2 speeders families and one gear set available as vanity items to PvErs. Nothing at all for PvPers. And tons of fluff for payers. Why nothing for PvE and PvP?

http://swtorista.com/uploads/outfitimages/jolee_bindo_01_854x480913.jpg

Yes, because the useless and ugly hump-sack, nowhere seen on the original, is just a "minor detail..."

Ya the swtor version looks nothing like Jolee Bindo's gear. Honestly I don't think we will ever see full blown traditional jedi gear because of the games graphics. Everything looks kind of like plastic and flat so I can't really see the traditional robes looking any good.

This is why WoW and other mmo's have gotten worse over the years. Gamers like you are the worst because gamers like you will cry about something being unfair and want to have access to everything without doing anything. Why even play the game then? MMO's have been dumb down so much because of people like you.

I play the game to have fun.

Remember when we used to play games because they gave us enjoyment?

Not to grind our way to some supposedly rare item that almost everyone gets anyway, it's just that they have to grind an ardeous amount of time before they get it.

If all the cool items were only available by grinding ops, I'd be right there grinding.

And I'd be hating every second of it.

And as soon as I got the items I wanted, I'd be done with end-game.

No, people like you is actually what is wrong with the MMO genre overall. It has twisted the genre into believing that people need to grind for stuff to feel like they have accomplished something.

I don't want to do menial repetetive tasks in a game to get a cool virtual item. I have a real job where I do that.

EDIT: That said, I do think that bioware should reward CC for doing end-game content.

Not vast amounts, but enough...

Edited by OddballEasyEight

http://swtorista.com/uploads/outfitimages/jolee_bindo_01_854x480913.jpg

Yes, because the useless and ugly hump-sack, nowhere seen on the original, is just a "minor detail..."

The problem with the sack on the back isn't so much the sack on the back, but how it makes Jedi look like they've got a weird hunch-back with the way they stand with their lightsabers out.

I would still like to know why they refuse to simply "copy and paste" the outfits we're all asking for.

I mean, that's the stuff we're asking for, why would they keep thinking we'll love their "Bioware it!" outfits more than what's been requested since launch.

I think the community has been extremely clear on what we'd love to see, but they come into the forums with "We won't JUST copy and paste....". Well, why not JUST copy and paste? It's what the zillion-post thread is asking for......

As a side note, I read the Community Manager's 2-year anniversary post of their memories and Eric describes his job as advocating for the community.

If he was truly an advocate for the community he'd say, "Hey artists, the community really wants you to JUST cut and paste some iconic stuff from the SW universe, and they've been asking for the past 2-years. Can't you do that for them, our customers and supporters? Also, they really hate large blinking backpacks, can-opener-arms, and silly hats. You keep making that stuff and they keep complaining, so I thought I'd let you know that they hate it."

List of things to "cut and paste":

1. Obi-Wan's outfit (which is also Mace's outfit, Yoda's outfit, and most other Jedi in the movies)

2. Every outfit from The Force Unleashed (unlike BW, they actually managed to capture the SW look, and still stylize it to make it different)

3. Anything not skin-tight

4. KotOR's stuff. Not the concept art that no one has ever seen, but the stuff we actually saw and played with in the game. Another example of someone else managing to capture the SW look.

What other stuff would you guys like to see them "JUST cut and paste", absent of butt-flaps and backpacks?

Then we are in complete agreement. I hate using tons of real life money, and I hate doing dailies to earn credits. Where's my traditional Jedi Robe set?

TOR forums are probably the only place where "traditional" means "from 100s of years in the future."

As noted before. Uncle Owen in A New Hope must have been a Jedi, too, because his clothes looked pretty much the same as Kenobi's.

Edited by branmakmuffin

TOR forums are probably the only place where "traditional" means "from 100s of years in the future."

As noted before. Uncle Owen in A New Hope must have been a Jedi, too, because his clothes looked pretty much the same as Kenobi's.

He was a Jedi because Anakin's mother was a Jedi because I refuse to believe that a Jesus Christ level of birth occurs in a film that then later disproves the mythical version of the Force by claiming it's just a weird side effect of microscopic parasites in the bloodstream.

IT'S EITHER SPACE MAGIC OR SPACE SCIENCE. PICK ONE AND BE DONE WITH IT!

He was a Jedi because Anakin's mother was a Jedi because I refuse to believe that a Jesus Christ level of birth occurs in a film that then later disproves the mythical version of the Force by claiming it's just a weird side effect of microscopic parasites in the bloodstream.

IT'S EITHER SPACE MAGIC OR SPACE SCIENCE. PICK ONE AND BE DONE WITH IT!

Given with the Inquisitor storyline, I think we know which side TOR comes down on.

Still sounds funny.

Hump-sack.

:D

Omg, I just realized... But everyone knows what I mean.

How do you even manage to play the game given how overly sensitive you to trivialities?

I am still stalling with creating Jedi characters. Waiting patiently ;p

Edited by Alec_Fortescue