Please re-confirm that the new Flashpoints don't incur an additional cost

Jaing

Hey guys,

Sorry about that, you may put the tin foil hats away ;) Our moderation staff accidentally canned the thread, I have put it back in GD and it is back on the devtracker.

:rak_03:

-eric

Edit: The original post in case someone hadn't seen it.

Much like one thread regarding feedback about why someone was quitting earlier today? There was a lot of comments from people who agreed with the OP and suddenly *BOOM* the thread was cut to three pages when it previously was like 10+. Accidents do happen!

:rak_02:

Just remember, it's technically free if you're charged Cartel Coins to access them, when they give you free Cartel Coins to use for it.

So you'd be fine if they charged 300-600 cartel coins for each FP?

Just remember, it's technically free if you're charged Cartel Coins to access them, when they give you free Cartel Coins to use for it.

I have to agree were would that be free , they might as well just take the coins back and up the SUB if they have to .. but using what are being given each month to pay for more content in my book is not free and just up the SUB if you need to or take the coins away imo . .

IF they are HURTING that bad the reports they made at the end and start of the year were lies . I on that sounds hush but I tell it to many time how I see it and yea it gets me in a lot of trouble . you know IDC if it does . :) .

Edited by tanktest

It doesn't matter because they're not gonna charge. Amazing that some of you just can't drop it.

By now I believe, that the CEO of EA could write the words "The flashpoints will be included in your subscription at no additional cost, not $ nor CC" on pergament and sign it with his own blood and deliver it personally to every player... and these guys would still say "and what if it will cost something?"

By now I believe, that the CEO of EA could write the words "The flashpoints will be included in your subscription at no additional cost, not $ nor CC" on pergament and sign it with his own blood and deliver it personally to every player... and these guys would still say "and what if it will cost something?"

This made me laugh...although, you have to admit, one reason why people are really suspicious about it is because so many things that they had believed would be free at some point ended up costing money.

This made me laugh...although, you have to admit, one reason why people are really suspicious about it is because so many things that they had believed would be free at some point ended up costing money.

Yeah, but those things that people "believed" to be free were not announced and confirmed to be free.

People were interpreting words in a way they wanted.

People on this forum are all the time making up false hopes about the future. Rumors are started and bloated to the maximum. Other people take these rumors for granted. Then at some point reality strikes and the people are disappointed.

Hardly anyone is realistically and objectively looking at the game. The minute a patch is released, there is a thread asking for a date of the next, a thread complaining about the release and another patch claiming that bioware was lying.

It simply is impossible to create content at the pace that the community consumes it. Just cannot work. You would need a giant team of producers to have something ready every day.

People will see the new flashpoints of 2.3 and as it says flashpointS, I assume, it will be two. And I would bet, that there will be someone complaining, that it is "only two". Someone else will complain, that after playing these two flashpoints once, they were to easy. Another will call them to hard. A third will again complain, that the content update did not bring a warzone... etc. etc.. etc...

The complaining will continue until the death of the internet and it will get more and more ridiculous with any future game release. I would bet a weeks salary, that the TESO forums will be full of complaints within the first week of release.

Even if I don't consider myself a "tinfoil hat wearer", I wouldn't be shocked if they started to charge 600 cc for new flashpoints. *shrug* It's always possible that they'll go back on their word. Things change. Plans change.

Well i think this is a valid concern when i think back when the german forum was well populated and not as dead as now there was a *****torm about changed posts because of the f2p announcement.

When they first said that they switch to f2p model they changed a few statements couple of months old which stated that the game will never be f2p. (That was a silly move in the first place)

Unfortunately for them someone had a screenshot of the original statement. A few days later the CM had to leave the team.

And this is only one example that comes to my mind. So if something like this happens always ask. You never know.

But to defend the current CM team they do a great job compared to the older CM staff although it feels like they where forced to say nothing and thankfully BW changed their mind about their information politics.

And i don't think that flashpoints will ever cost extra money except for the cost of a expansion like makeb. But i think that doesn't really count as charging for flashpoints or operations.

Well remember how they said Makeb would be free for subscribers,and same with free name and legacy change with 2.0, well they changed all that before they came out.So they might just aswell go back on this aswell.

I don't recall them actually saying that....it just goes back to that interview where it was referred to as a large content update, so it was therefore assumed it would be free. I don't think there are any developer posts that exist where they literally say "Makeb will be free to subscribers". I also recall a thread where they said "we still haven't decided whether we are going to charge for it or not".

I don't recall them actually saying that....it just goes back to that interview where it was referred to as a large content update, so it was therefore assumed it would be free. I don't think there are any developer posts that exist where they literally say "Makeb will be free to subscribers". I also recall a thread where they said "we still haven't decided whether we are going to charge for it or not".

Well to be fair, I believe they touted it as the largest content update in MMO history. If you have to pay for it, that statement would be false.

Well, then again....

If you do not believe a word that Bioware says and gives... why the heck ask any more questions?

You wouldn't believe the answers anyway.

You can hold them to it, if they answer it directly.

I really hope that they do give us these new flashpoint for free. I mean, they are flashpoints that should have been in the expansion in the first place. I've never seen an expansion so light on group content before. This is still an MMO right?

You know, if they wanted to make money, they'll keep the cartel market cosmetic only. Plenty of people will and are paying to be pretty. Beyond that, they need to make these "mini-expansions" yearly. Add a few levels, a new planet, and a few flashpoints/raid. Price it around the same as RotHC, give or take a few buck if it contains extra content like classes, new gameplay types, etc. Slap on a discount for subscribers, of course. That's how they can make some money off the people that don't use the market. I know I'd gladly pay a little extra for a small yearly expanion, hate waiting so long for expansions in previous MMOs I've played.

You can hold them to it, if they answer it directly.

Yeah, so?

If you believe they should have given us Makeb for free and then they changed their minds and made us pay for it, what makes you so certain that them saying "you'll get it for free" won't turn into "oh, we added a few more things and it's now a digital expansion, you'll have to pay for"?

If you feel like you've already been "screwed over" by them, why ask them questions you won't truly believe the answers to anyway?

Yeah, so?

If you believe they should have given us Makeb for free and then they changed their minds and made us pay for it, what makes you so certain that them saying "you'll get it for free" won't turn into "oh, we added a few more things and it's now a digital expansion, you'll have to pay for"?

If you feel like you've already been "screwed over" by them, why ask them questions you won't truly believe the answers to anyway?

I didn't ask any questions.

They DID answer it directly and they did not break that word so far, so what is this discussion about still?

Id imagine that people are posting their point of view, on the subject. Why are you still discussing it and why do you care?