Possible Terror From Beyond Bug?

Hey all.

I just wanted to post this to see if anyone else had experienced the following at all while in the last phase of the Terror From Beyond final boss.

Occasionally when playing on my dps character and leaping from platform to platform I end up dead when immediately prior to the jump I had 100% health.

I can perhaps complete sucessfully 10 - 20 jumps from platorm to platform but then for no apparent reason I just die. This has happened now on 5 separate occasions, on two different runs and on different platforms around that area.

The sequence of events is like this:

I control my character (with left and right mouse buttons held) to run (not jump) from the edge of the platform, directly in line with one of the small gates. The animation shows my chracter flying up the next platform. Immediately as my character hits the platform I displays that I died. One one occasion I tried instead jumping before leaving the edge of the platform and on roughly the 10th or so jump I was put inside the target platform. http://itstheend.enjin.com/gallery/m/6112421/detail/72804#pid=833450

This is most frustrating and only so far in the groups that I have been in has happened to me. Im confident that it is not simply me missing the hyper gate as my character actually hits the playform I am trying to get to and I'm not falling to my death.

Your thoughts please.

I've had this happen to me in TFB, among other places (Soa platforms spring to mind). I make the jump and land where I should be but randomly die anyway. It's like the game doesn't really *know* where I am for a second due to lag or something so it guesses based on where I was and I eat dirt.

Sucks.

Yep. This is a known bug. It's happened to many of our raid members many of times, including our tanks twice in a row. It's extremely disappointing to get half way through phase 2 and have a bug cause a wipe.

I has something to due with lag/latency sending mixed signals to the engine.

Can also confirm this happening for almost every single one of our 8man hardmode attempts on the the terror from beyond. Mostly seems to be happening to me, a sentinel. However it also happened to one of our tanks, a shadow. It is quite frustrating to have every mechanic down and an attempt shot down by a bug.

Just to be clear, are you dying from fall damage or just dying with no explanation because our guild found out you cant die from falling off. It will just teleport you back to the top, and you can continue on your merry way.

Just to be clear, are you dying from fall damage or just dying with no explanation because our guild found out you cant die from falling off. It will just teleport you back to the top, and you can continue on your merry way.

The damage inflicted says zero. You just die. No explanations.

at any time during the second phase going through the "DK barrels" can result in me instead falling to my death rather than transitioning to the next platform

Well its kind of comforting to know that it's likely not me doing anything wrong but instead something in the game.

Thinking about it I'm kind of leaning on the lag side because I often suffer from intermittently high lag especially since 1.4 (but thats another thread) and it will clock up to 1000's of ms for no apparent reason. I don't have the best adsl connection in the world at around 4mb download but with only me on it, I would expect that to be sufficient and not cause me too many issues.

Hopefully BW will implement something which makes those jumps more reliable for those of us suffering but untill then I guess I'm going to have to go with my healer and keep the platform transitions to a mimimum.

I experienced this ALOT. My ultimate determination is because i was possibly not running into the "portal" at a correct angle, and the game assuming i hit the ring itself. To counteract this, i jumped from every platform into the ring, and stopped dying.

• 2 weeks later...

We have certain people in our raids more likely to die from this than others so we just try to limit how many times they have to jump around. Basically we don't assign them to kill Hypergate Anomalies.

It's extremely disappointing that they would design a fight that requires such tight execution in 16-HM and then have such a glaring bug. I've lost count of how many times we've had to wipe because of people dying to this bug. And still no word on if they even intend to fix it ever.

Although we haven't experienced this specific bug of dying from fall damage between platforms, we HAVE encountered a different bug on 16 man HM similar to this. When intentionally falling off platforms with the intent of respawning back at the top, people end up dying from fall damage when prior to the latest patch they would be alive. We do not know yet if this is a bug ot intended but it holds true on every single platform except the four that the tentacles spawn on. Even on those four platforms when people jump off to reset at the top they occassionally die leading us to believe it is a bug.

Although we haven't experienced this specific bug of dying from fall damage between platforms, we HAVE encountered a different bug on 16 man HM similar to this. When intentionally falling off platforms with the intent of respawning back at the top, people end up dying from fall damage when prior to the latest patch they would be alive. We do not know yet if this is a bug ot intended but it holds true on every single platform except the four that the tentacles spawn on. Even on those four platforms when people jump off to reset at the top they occassionally die leading us to believe it is a bug.

Had to change our approach yesterday, instead of jumping off to reset debuff me and my tanking partner decided to just go hop all the portals back because it was killing us. When other people tried two died, one succesfully went back to home.

Either say it's not the intended way and it will kill us from now on or change it back to how it was, changing stuff like this without a word is really depressing.

Just to be clear the bug we are referring to is not death from fall damage it's someone jumping through the portals and just dying without taking damage. One of our raid members even has a post on our forums with all of the things he has tried and none of them have helped.

As far as I know we've never had anyone die from jumping off the platform to respawn at the starting position unless they hit/touched something on the way down which kills them. Making a clean jump off the ledge always seems to put them back at the starting position.

Edited by dominius

If you are dying from 0 DMG while jumping from platform to platform. you are getting stuck in the rings and the client is doing the /stuck command. If you are dying with ### dmg, your tanks are not doing their job. if you are lagging, you will die.

if you are lagging, you will die.

Not necessarily. We've had people completely lag out for several seconds while jumping around to the point that they fall to the bottom and then they just spawn back to the start point alive. We have other people with no lag issues who will die.

The inconsistency is the problem. If it were as simple as the laggy people are dying from the game using auto-stuck it would make sense. People with terrible lag don't necessarily die from this and people with no lag do.

Edited by dominius