Scheduled Maintenance: June 12th, 2013 [UPDATED 6:45AM PDT]

AmberGreen

It was to be expected. Not disappointing though, I prefer to carry on playing my game while I know they try to give a good product so by the time they release it I can carry on playing my game with the new content and less nuisance.

Crying and ranting won't make a buggy miracle happen, and as someone said before. Imagine the chaotic situation if they released it: you would have other players, that actually spend time playing instead of ranting, complaining because the official release won't let them play their game! What's worse? Not being able to play at all or not being able to play 2 or 3 missions?

Seriously, some people should really take some man-up pills and cope with this. Too many attention seekers in the galaxy...

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The forums never cease to entertain me. Having been playing most months since the pre-launch early access week, it cracks me up to read people claiming to have also been here off and on for that amount of time absolutely losing their minds when a patch is delayed for bugs. Do you all have such short memories that you don't remember all the other patches that have been delayed, or worse, deployed with bugs so bad the game was unplayable/ha to be taken down for additional hours/nearly entire days to be fixed? I'm not saying it's a good thing, obviously it's bad for business since it can be listed as a contributing factor that has led to everything from loss of subs, going to the micro transaction model, changes in staff, server depopulations and mergers, and general nerd raging. But getting all up in arms about it, when it's just business as usual for this game, is hilarious reading material for those of us bored at work, yet incredibly pointless. Just take the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach to this game in regard to updates, and you'll be disappointed on fewer occasions (I would also suggest don't let a video game run your life as much as this apparently does, but I have a feeling that would be just as futile). And if you can't handle that, make good on all the promises to leave, I'm sure your mother will still bring your sandwiches down to the basement if you're whining about another game.

I don't hold out any hope for a 100% fix on this particular bug or any of the pre-existing bugs (and won't be surprised in the least to see that for every one bug that 2.2 or 2.2.1 or subsequent patches actually does fix, three more will appear). But I'll take a delay on the patch over something like the time they introduced the Black Hole dailies. Remember how they took the servers down for post-patch maintenance the next day and accidentally rolled back to the old maps, and everything had to go down for another 12 or so hours to fix it? If that makes me an apologist fanboy in anyone's mind, I hate to ruin your day, but I really don't care what trolls on the Internet think about me. Keep it up, actually. You're amusing.

If they rolled out server transfers with achievement bugs, maybe not everyone crying in this thread would be upset, but you'd still have entire threads dedicated to "omg bioware u sux I did NiM EC and now I don't have credit for it anymore ***?"

Edited by Yossariank

Bravo devs, seriously. You guys manage to keep your cool and do quite a bit of updating so these people know what's going on. They act like entitled little ***** for the most part, and I know for a fact I could never handle people like that. So, I commend you, and good luck with having to deal with these rude ****heads in the future.

Entitled? I pay my sub every month, I am pretty damn sure I am entitled to a playable game. It's called commerce. I pay for something, I expect to receive it.

Clearly your game is not bugged to hell, so go play it and enjoy it please while the rest of us try and get our broken games fixed.

If they rolled out server transfers with achievement bugs, maybe not everyone crying in this thread would be upset, but you'd still have entire threads dedicated to "omg bioware u sux I did NiM EC and now I don't have credit for it anymore ***?"

They did roll out transfers with achievement bugs!! That is my entire point! I am not whining about new content being delayed, I agree they should get it right first. I am talking about fixing what they broke.

Just because you are not on an APAC server and your game didn't get screwed, please don't judge everyone else. Nightmare modes can wait a year for all I care, I just want the stuff I have to be fixed.

Edited by CrazyMcGee

maybe this is a dumb question, but why the apac players couold made a FREE transfer, an the rest of us will have to PAY for it???

They are subs as we are. Are you going to close the apac servers? Did all the apac players moved to another server?

From what i know and speaking among players in game... most of them, from european server, will only move toon´s they have to the favorite server at the time. Im speaking in a rate for 1/10 will move their toon´s. So why don´t you let us doing the transfer of one toon for FREE and if we want to move more pay the fee?? I have 3 toon´s i´d like to pass from " the red eclipse" to "tomb of freedon nadd" at this price, i garantee basicly i only move one... the rest will be there abondened. As i, more will do this, and you´re going to have populated servers with toon´s that players won´t play with them...

this is jsut my point of view, but as i said before im a subscriver, even had a ops schedule for today´s night after transfering my toon to the tomb of freedon nadd server, but i guess thats not happening today :mad:

I think we deserve a little compensation, but i know that you gys always said " the current plan is" "we´re pointing to" Never a certain, always a doubdt. Hope you guys don´t start loosing subscrivers, because in all cases WE PAY FOR IT

maybe this is a dumb question, but why the apac players couold made a FREE transfer, an the rest of us will have to PAY for it???

They are subs as we are. Are you going to close the apac servers?

Yes. Yes they are.

The forums never cease to entertain me. Having been playing most months since the pre-launch early access week, it cracks me up to read people claiming to have also been here off and on for that amount of time absolutely losing their minds when a patch is delayed for bugs. Do you all have such short memories that you don't remember all the other patches that have been delayed, or worse, deployed with bugs so bad the game was unplayable/ha to be taken down for additional hours/nearly entire days to be fixed? I'm not saying it's a good thing, obviously it's bad for business since it can be listed as a contributing factor that has led to everything from loss of subs, going to the micro transaction model, changes in staff, server depopulations and mergers, and general nerd raging. But getting all up in arms about it, when it's just business as usual for this game, is hilarious reading material for those of us bored at work, yet incredibly pointless. Just take the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach to this game in regard to updates, and you'll be disappointed on fewer occasions (I would also suggest don't let a video game run your life as much as this apparently does, but I have a feeling that would be just as futile). And if you can't handle that, make good on all the promises to leave, I'm sure your mother will still bring your sandwiches down to the basement if you're whining about another game.

I don't hold out any hope for a 100% fix on this particular bug or any of the pre-existing bugs (and won't be surprised in the least to see that for every one bug that 2.2 or 2.2.1 or subsequent patches actually does fix, three more will appear). But I'll take a delay on the patch over something like the time they introduced the Black Hole dailies. Remember how they took the servers down for post-patch maintenance the next day and accidentally rolled back to the old maps, and everything had to go down for another 12 or so hours to fix it? If that makes me an apologist fanboy in anyone's mind, I hate to ruin your day, but I really don't care what trolls on the Internet think about me. Keep it up, actually. You're amusing.

Call me a fanboy, too. And I remember the begining of the quote: "Never play on patch day". First, this sentence occured to me playing Daoc 12 year before. I faced so many bugs and crashed servers. I am the last one, who would criticize any company for this. Playing a MMO means to accept postponed patches, living with bugs and unbalanced classes. No doubt.

But..... in order to be a fanboy, there have to be a living game with regular updates and new content. Before Swtor I played Warhammer. Today there is no real content update. Still it is a nice game to play if you like pvp. Again in the end a mmo needs player and it needs regular content updates, so that we have something new we can achieve.

And if I look at this game, we might feel, that there is not enough manpower at EA to give us this new content at time. First they promised to give us new content every 6 weeks, now we are at 8 weeks. What if this patch will come next week than its 9 weeks. So, I feel they try to stand to their words, but can't cos they are always late with inside testing. So we have to wait. And it happens before with rbg, more worse than this.

So, I feel we will get our content later and later. And this postponed patch will make some players leave. And now it goes on and on. Less players, less manpower, less content. A normal buisness cycle already ends after 2 years.

As I read yesterday, Titan got postponed to 2016. And in my age, 47, I wish so hard that there will be a mmo which I could play for more than 2 years. But I need new content, so that I am willing to pay me sub as I do since Dec. 2011. I figured at out with 5 55er alts I would face no difference playing als f2p. I could easily pay for what I need. Op packs, bg pack, legend amor pack and so on. So should I become a f2p player ^^

So if you look at this, I will go on playing for the time being, but I fear...... some players wont. If EA would accept the logic of players, they would not postpone patches on the regular basis as they did before. In the end you an me might be the last players, playing Swtor. ;) Stay to your words even if a mmo is a complex system.

A Fanboy

Edited by schmerzbringer

The history is there and I find it shocking that people are actually disappointed. When it comes to this game, BioWare is giving new meanings to the word train wreck. How many times have the posted something on the PTS, released it ignoring the issues or pulled the plug on it? Every major thing they promised is the answer you are looking for.

The reason this patch is delayed is obvious! Jesse Sky is running some numbers on how much he should buff the guardian tank he loves to play at the expense of the shadow tank. His number crunching showed that shadow tanks suffered another armour nerf, 20% armour reduction and 5 % less damage reduction, but Jesse Sky is sure he can take more from the Shadow tank, therefore until the math works out, the patch is delayed. :D. True Story! :cool:

Edited by Leafy_Bug

How dare you ensure stability! Ship it! Windows ME was the best OS ever because they just shipped it!

Anyone who complains about software development release dates should be forced to work in software development for at least a year.

So frustrating. Re-subbed just cause Bioware told me I could move my chars today after they consolidated them on all different servers. Now I gotta wait an unknown time before this feature is live. Plz deliver on your promises Bioware

Why postpone the release of a patch? You've never bothered about it before, you just release it even when its riddled with bugs and problems.

Or is this because its PVE it actually matters to you?

They've postponed plenty of patches, I think more people noticed this one because they actually had a release date for it announced way in advance.

Why postpone the release of a patch? You've never bothered about it before, you just release it even when its riddled with bugs and problems.

Or is this because its PVE it actually matters to you?

The last patch was delayed! Is your memory really that short?

Entitled? I pay my sub every month, I am pretty damn sure I am entitled to a playable game. It's called commerce. I pay for something, I expect to receive it.

Clearly your game is not bugged to hell, so go play it and enjoy it please while the rest of us try and get our broken games fixed.

For someone that's saying they're not entitled, you sure seem to be using 'I' a lot.

Last time I checked, I pay my sub every month also, and I'm not complaining. Would you rather they release it today and the whole game be completely broken, or you wait another day or two and get what you expected?

It's really not that big of a deal, chill out.

For someone that's saying they're not entitled, you sure seem to be using 'I' a lot.

Last time I checked, I pay my sub every month also, and I'm not complaining. Would you rather they release it today and the whole game be completely broken, or you wait another day or two and get what you expected?

It's really not that big of a deal, chill out.

You are really missing the point. The patch should have been 100% tested before announcing the release date. Telling the community a "Target Date" is great. Telling the community "Hey, we have this nice great PvE content update and server transfers that WILL be coming out on X date. Servers will go down for maintenance and you will be good to go" and then pulling the plug less then 24 hours before because they came in on a Monday to finish the updated and broke it is not acceptable.

Let me say it more slowly for all the people out there that accept this move:

1) Pushing back a Target Date is fine.

2) Announcing a finished product, breaking it after announcement and then pushing a date back in not fine.

To all those who say we should accept it because it is the norm for this game....It will stay the norm until we beat it into their heads that it is not acceptable. I refuse to sit by and watch really bad management ruin a game that could have been great. It's like watching a mugging of a 70 year old granny..................I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't just sit and watch.......................................

If i do Asation HM with the NiM mode coming later this week, will my tag still available for NiM ?

They answered that in another thread. NO you will be locked out. Both TFB HM/NiM share the same lockout for some unknown reason. (Most likely because it's easier to code)

MANY People feel free strongly this is "New Content" and should have it's own lockout as it kills progressive RAIDS and trying to help others gear up just got more crazy. (Unless you want to give up one or the other)

Hoping to get a response on this, before tonight's raid then. Will the lockouts carry through the maintenance or would we be locked from NiM TFB if we do HM tonight.

I mean I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but hopefully a yellow post will prevent MORE guilds from getting upset if they choose to run TFB today.

Edit: Never mind I missed that Eric already suggested this earlier. So just to restate. Hold your TFB lockout if you want to run it this week.

Edited by Chickensevil