Why the Prequel Trilogy was TERRIBLE, right here!

Gun_Slinger

Calling Han a scoundrel/rogue also implies his profession. You don't call a Jedi or Trooper this way.

I think I said enough about their personalities, unless you don't understand what you read (no offence meant).

And I'm pretty sure Yoda or Windu would simply let go not being sure if he really is the chosen one, not to mention that they'd probably say something like 'if he's the foretold child Force will guide him to us eventually', as would most of masters.

Edit: and the reason why I mentioned their professions is that you should explain/argument your views/opinions. At least that's what they taught me in high school literature classes.

a scoundrel/rogue is not a profession (except in video games). All i saw you say about amidala was she was inexperienced (awesome description) and a ***** (guessing on the asterisks) Again, some really great description.

Even a one word, he's a scoundrel/rogue gives people more of an idea what Solo is like that saying Amidala is inexperienced and a *****. See the point?

And the question specifically states not to mention their profession/appearance.

EDIT: on a separate note, i absolutely hate the man doing the reviews (Mr. Plinnkett or w/e) the way he talks in the video makes me want to shoot myself. Almost every point he raises is valid though.

The problem is so many people take how the review is presented at face value (it is supposed to be heavy on sarcasm and being a joke, but making actually points) instead of moving aside the voice and extra crap and looking at the points he mentions.

Edited by Durzaka

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a scoundrel/rogue is not a profession (except in video games). All i saw you say about amidala was she was inexperienced (awesome description) and a ***** (guessing on the asterisks) Again, some really great description.

Even a one word, he's a scoundrel/rogue gives people more of an idea what Solo is like that saying Amidala is inexperienced and a *****. See the point?

And the question specifically states not to mention their profession/appearance.

EDIT: on a separate note, i absolutely hate the man doing the reviews (Mr. Plinnkett or w/e) the way he talks in the video makes me want to shoot myself. Almost every point he raises is valid though.

The problem is so many people take how the review is presented at face value (it is supposed to be heavy on sarcasm and being a joke, but making actually points) instead of moving aside the voice and extra crap and looking at the points he mentions.

Still better than what people in video gave, don't u think? By "*****" attitude I meant something I simply can't describe in one word, she's that righteouss girl who simply annoys me.

I think both words give you same insight, Amidala is annoying, wanting to be good and strong, courageus etc. better?

Qui-gon cares for people around him and even if they are lower in hierarchy he treats them equally, also he seems experienced (life-wise) and as said before distanced and open minded. Now you have it in simple words.

Of course he has some valid points, but they are often stretched (like comparing beginnings of 2 different movies, he wants action from the start? Take ep 3...) and incompetent (if you compare 1 movie to whole trilogy, it's incompetent).

Edit: Also he compares character like Obi-Wan was in ep 4 (Qui-Gon) to someone like Obi-Wan was in prequel (Solo). Another character he takes is Amidala which is in fact very shallow character. What could u say about Obi-Wan after watching just ep 4? 'Cos for me he was someone to start bigger events, just like Qui-Gon in ep 1.

Edited by RuffDaRuffest

I kinda liked ep 1, tho' ep 3 was seriously bad. Overall idea was good, so was story in general, but then lots of **** things were made (like Yoda simply running from Palpatine, despite advantage, or too much of Anakin x Padme love story, while too little of Anakin relations with Chancellor). As for ep 2, it was ok, had some bad moments, but generally was ok.

As for acting I liked Dooku, Yoda, Obi-wan and Palp, tho' Padme and Anakin were... more awful than awful.

As for review itself, it was ******, not only guy's voice was freakin' annoying, but he also compares things obviously different. Why didn't he compare C3PO with Jar Jar? And why the heck compare Solo with Qui-Gon, who only appeared in 1 movie and surely was not main char or even close. Not to mention people who described characters were 100% original trilogy hardcore fans, I could say more about both Amidala and Qui-Gon (even if I don't like Padme).

Why didn't he compare beginning of Empire Strikes back with Phantom Manace? They were kinda similar, weren't they?

As we're in the topic of prequel trilogy, did you notice that every piece of republic equipment has Imperial marks? Maybe something has changed since ToR/KotOR, but it looks like a mistake.

Compare C-3PO with Jar-Jar? Sorry, but they aren't even close to being similar. While they both fulfill, somewhat, the roll of comic relief, C-3PO actually has character, while Jar-Jar is just a cartoon rabbit put in the movie to make little children laugh. Seriously. The relationship between C-3PO and R2-D2 is fantastically deep, and well communicated on screen, and one of them only speaks in BEEPS! I don't recall comparing solo with qui-gonn as being similar, perhaps just generally as one lacking characterization.

More importantly though I think he comments on the ENORMOUS plot holes in the prequels speaks to the intended audience: Kids, who don't give a damn about plot holes, or even notice them. Adults usually like their plots to have logic...when its not intentionally made illogical to accomplish 'art.'

i didnt watch any silly *** review. i just felt compelled to say that aside from jar jar and hayden dickinchin making anakin look like a turd sandwich, the movies were ok for me. of course i enjoy the original 3 more, and ofcourse when i watch them i watch original versions, but the prequels have some sweet lightsaber business and thats worth some points. george lucas could take a dump in a paper bag and write starwars on it, and i'd buy it.