DPS Gear

Exxp

So, I've played a Darkness Assassin since release and have full BM pvp survivor gear, but wanted to switch into DPS (preferably deception) for PvP, and I was wondering what gear to use. Do I wait until I have collected BM stalker gear before re-specing? Can I use a mixture of my old Centurion Stalker gear with the recruit stalker gear, or even use my current tank pvp gear?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. :D

You're going to want at least 4 piece stalker gear for the set bonus and then look to the sorceror gear to remod as the stalker gear stacks way too much crit and accuracy, you're going to want to stack mainly power and surge. For deception builds (all assassin dps builds really) you're going to want around 30% crit and 75% surge or higher but not too much higher. After achieving about those levels you're going to want to stack power until you get your bonus force damage over 900 at least. Edited by Squidkidz

It's funny to me how every person playing their respective class says around 30 crit and 75 surge - like its specific to them.

I play deception in PVE raids - currently for TFB hm 16m 8man, and EC HM for farm on weekends...My main hand is all 63's, belt bracers 63 armorings etc, more 63 enhancments and mods...Deception is all about CRITS. Your Maul and Shock have bonus damage attached to their Critical hits - as such, aim for around 40 ish for Crit then go for power. As for accuracy, 100/110 or slightly below ..98/108 or something...don't want VS missing since its used the most as a filler.

It's funny to me how every person playing their respective class says around 30 crit and 75 surge - like its specific to them.

I play deception in PVE raids - currently for TFB hm 16m 8man, and EC HM for farm on weekends...My main hand is all 63's, belt bracers 63 armorings etc, more 63 enhancments and mods...Deception is all about CRITS. Your Maul and Shock have bonus damage attached to their Critical hits - as such, aim for around 40 ish for Crit then go for power. As for accuracy, 100/110 or slightly below ..98/108 or something...don't want VS missing since its used the most as a filler.

Do you happen to know the number we should aim for in deception? It takes extensive math that I'm not sure I want to do, as at some point the damage would be lower due to DR on crit if you stacked too much. It is theoretically possible we could need up to 50% or some crazy number, but on the other hand we can't forget recklessness so meh...

Edited by JP_Legatus

I tried the suggested stats, but got wrecked repeatedly for having around 13-14k health. What health level should i start at? 16k? 17k? :p

well if you tried deception with 14k health you are just hurting yourself. I'll say get full BM dps gear, try to get around 17k health and then use the deception spec. If you dont have a full dps gear and are not close to 16k hp+ you should not try any dps spec in pvp.

As a dps, if your damage is not very good or amazing, you are almost useless in a warzone. The healers will outheal your damage and you'll die quickly. Yes you'll be more usefull if your team is focussing someone but you will be a lot more usefull if you use a tank/hybrid spec while you are undergeared. The extra survivability will allow you to guard a node and survive till the backup arrive and it will help you to stay alive longer to guard the healer and then help your team.

(NEVER EVER use a tank gear with a dps spec)