The SWTOR community is dissapointing

AlienSenpai

So i've been playing games for a long time now. The main reason I did and still do is to have fun either by myself or have friends and to make friends. I joined a guild about 2 months ago and everything was going well up until a couple weeks ago. Since then people have been sending screenshots from the discord we use to another guild which they use to harass our guild leader. Our guild leader puts his heart and soul into making a fun community that wants to play the game and just have fun together. Because of all the harassment and bs surrounding this entire situation he decided to take a break from leading the guild and from playing the game. The fact that I had to use the word "mole" in a game is just absolutely *********** ridiculous. Sure you can have a bit of tension between guilds and fight each other about it in the conquest or whatever, but if you're going to put a mole in another guild and their discord just to harass them you should throw your *********** pc out off your window and figure out what it means to be a normal human again instead of some sad loser harassing people trying to have fun in a game. As you can see the entire situation has pissed me off to the point that I am posting something on the forums about it.

If you forget at any point that playing games is above all else a past time used to have fun and instead play them to feel power over others or to harass other people you should leave now and go try do that somewhere else. I can assure you that it won't work and that you'll be shunned for it. SWTOR is a game to have fun on, not a platform where you can feel better than others. We're all just humans and we all started playing this game for the same reasons. These are probably "oh this game looks fun", "my friend recommended it so let's give it a try" or "this article really makes this look like something I want to try". So stick to what initialy brought you in here, to enjoy playing a game. And if you started playing from the start with the thought of "when i'm in a big guild i'm gonna harass other people and stop them from having fun" then you were a bad person before you even started playing.

The fact that I wrote this dissapoints me deeply and let's face it. There shouldn't have been a reason for anyone to have to place something like this on the forums.

With that said i'll go and actually enjoy myself.

Sounds like you are from that guild where the guild leader kept writing abuse and lies about other guilds in guild chat and Discord along with his rants in his streams. Honestly, writing that you want to intentionally cause problems between other guilds so you have a better chance at conquest. lols. What you and your senpai have failed to realise is that people play in more than one guild. There are no "moles" as you call it. The people who posted the screenshots and stream links to other discords were the officers who were pissed off with his attitude and concerned that his increasingly erratic shenanigans would cause the guild real problems such as people getting tired of his rants and leaving en masse as has happened to numerous guilds before with leaders like this.

There is no one to blame except your own guild leader who thinks he can slander and abuse other guilds to convince your guild members into a "you vs them" mentality. You can't be surprised when it pisses off others both inside and out. AFAIK no guilds have organised any form of harassment against yours. When his threats/rants were posted in the Darth Malgus discord all it did was make the other guild leaders there lol at yet another one of these people showing up again. Don't take the actions of your guild leader or the terrible image of other guilds that he keeps trying to paint for you as an example of what this game community is like. He created a bad situation and continues to handle it poorly to distract from his own shortcomings by putting the blame on other people. Guilds with people like that at the lead tend to implode which sucks for the guild members who were innocently caught up in things.

You should try putting alts in other guilds which have been around longer so you can see for yourself that most don't do things which make their guild members feel bad. As I was recently reminded; it's a game so enjoy yourself. If somebody is making you feel bad then move on.

We all have better things to do with our time then deal with trolls who want to cause drama :)

Fair enough I see your point, but people also need to realise when something is meant as banter and not serious. Of course we're out to win the conquest, but we or at least I never meant to make it look like it's "us vs them". I am personally not in the darth malgus discord so I don't know if the GM did post stuff on there although i'm pretty sure he didn't. (i'm not sure though so don't quote me on that)

My point about taking screenshots from a guilds personal discord where we put all our banter and stuff and seeing that as a threat to act upon is too far for me. The GM's "boasting" and stuff is nothing more than a way to inspire his members into doing well on both the game and in the conquest (which isn't our main focus anyway)

I'm just trying to say that this all escalated too much and that it would be better if everyone, inclusing us just lays off and enjoys the game. As I said, I see your point, but as someone who knows our GM pretty well, I can assure you that he didn't mean it in a bad way.

I find it honestly quite ridiculous that you are not only trying to defend the absurd comments made by your own GM but also claiming it's somehow rude of your own guild members to send that to other players who your GM insulted in those posts. Come on dude, even officers and GM:s of other guilds found the comments made distasteful, yet you say that you find the community disappointing?

like, what?

Edited by RikuvonDrake

• 2 weeks later...
Fair enough I see your point, but people also need to realise when something is meant as banter and not serious. Of course we're out to win the conquest, but we or at least I never meant to make it look like it's "us vs them". I am personally not in the darth malgus discord so I don't know if the GM did post stuff on there although i'm pretty sure he didn't. (i'm not sure though so don't quote me on that)

My point about taking screenshots from a guilds personal discord where we put all our banter and stuff and seeing that as a threat to act upon is too far for me. The GM's "boasting" and stuff is nothing more than a way to inspire his members into doing well on both the game and in the conquest (which isn't our main focus anyway)

I'm just trying to say that this all escalated too much and that it would be better if everyone, inclusing us just lays off and enjoys the game. As I said, I see your point, but as someone who knows our GM pretty well, I can assure you that he didn't mean it in a bad way.

Nothing like cq guilds drama in the morning. :D

I don't know if the GM did post stuff on there although i'm pretty sure he didn't. (i'm not sure though so don't quote me on that)

You are pretty sure he didn't, but also you are not sure so we shouldn't quote you on this? Like what?

Play with other guilds dude, you will your beloved guild master actions not so innocent or he is not that beloved, pure, kindhearted etc. I really believe you mean well, but you are dead wrong on this one.