Do I REALLY have to level another Sith Warrior for the Title Imperial Squad Leader?

Magnusheart

The developer's said it is a flaw; therefore, my opinion doesn't matter. Which by the way, having to play a class 4 times to get the achievement is nuts. Playing the Sith Warrior 2 times is not. Comparing a DS Jaesa to a LS Jaesa is like comparing Vette to Khem Val.

quite the contrary. The game requires a maxed lightside jaesa not darkside. Not both. Not a lot of people are getting this. I already have 2 sith warrirors maxed at 50. both darkside. I retired my marauder because I didnt like it compared to being a Juggernaught. I think its BS I would have to level a third to max it. Its obviously a design oversight because Light Side and Darkside Jasea is two whole different companions. two whole story changes, outfit options, companion convosrtations. Not one thing is the same between these two besides the hairstyle and the voice actor.

Edited by Magnusheart

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quite the contrary. The game requires a maxed lightside jaesa not darkside. Not both. Not a lot of people are getting this. I already have 2 sith warrirors maxed at 50. both darkside. I retired my marauder because I didnt like it compared to being a Juggernaught. I think its BS I would have to level a third to max it. Its obviously a design oversight because Light Side and Darkside Jasea is two whole different companions. two whole story changes, outfit options, companion convosrtations. Not one thing is the same between these two besides the hairstyle and the voice actor.

How is it contrary?

I am full aware that people are griping over the fact that the meta achievement (aka a achievement requiring more than one to unlock) requires a LS Jaesa, with DS Jaesa unlocking its unique achievement, seperate from the meta that everyone is griping over not having.

I am also fully aware that LS Jaesa is a unique companion to DS Jaesa. Why you pointed that out when I thought I said as much, I guess is my fault. Having unlocked both, and received the achievement for both, I am fully aware they are unique.

The answer to that question would potentially derail this thread, so, as one who has a Dark Sided Sith Warrior with a Light Sided Jeasa, I don't feel comfortable answering that. I will say that this achievement shouldn't be changed, and it is working as intended, based upon the fact that so few probably kept her LS. And that is the whole point of achievements: to get you to do something you normally wouldn't consider.

In reality, I can probably complete this since I created a female marauder and she has not yet got Jeasa, I may as well go light side since I cant romance her anyway. My Jugg, was male and I obviously wanted to have a romance as well as enjoy my dark apprentice.

So, anyone wanting this as an achievement, needs to have a LS Jeasa and only romance Vette (if your male), who is not fond of dark choices... That IMO, would take away from enjoying the full immersion of going dark side and wanting a dark lover to romance. Dark Jeasa was awesome... Shame it is not good enough.

In reality, I can probably complete this since I created a female marauder and she has not yet got Jeasa, I may as well go light side since I cant romance her anyway. My Jugg, was male and I obviously wanted to have a romance as well as enjoy my dark apprentice.

So, anyone wanting this as an achievement, needs to have a LS Jeasa and only romance Vette (if your male), who is not fond of dark choices... That IMO, would take away from enjoying the full immersion of going dark side and wanting a dark lover to romance. Dark Jeasa was awesome... Shame it is not good enough.

For me, as a Dark side Sith Warrior, choosing to keep her Light sided was a bit more complex than that. I don't regret my decision for a moment, and I'm curious how that plays out down the road.

For me, as a Dark side Sith Warrior, choosing to keep her Light sided was a bit more complex than that. I don't regret my decision for a moment, and I'm curious how that plays out down the road.

Why was it more complex? I am just curious...

I just went over this with my wife, who has 2 warrior class toons not yet with Jeasa, one male one female.... she will go dark with her male toon so Jeasa is her dark apprentice/lover, and light with her female and just not use her too much. We both get annoyed having a companion that does not like what we say in conversations and usually will not use them much. Like having Scourge with my Sentinel, I only use him for Heroics (because he is a tank), but never in any conversations with NPC's since he does not like my LS choices.

on the IMP side, we always stay dark with our alts, we just enjoy it more and it is more enjoyable from an immersion aspect to have companions that are "like-minded". If this was real life, no one would be going around with a companion that don't like what they say or do... Why I mentioned, why would a player going dark care for the LS version, except for the fact the game wants you to to get an achievement for doing it. .

I would think a person playing Warrior "light" would enjoy Jeasa as a LS companion. As a dark warrior, I probably won't enjoy her nearly as much as the dark version. We quest together and she loved my Dark Jeasa and her comments, so we are both disappointed we have to go light with her to complete this.

In all, I will assume this is not a bug and if I or "we" want that achievement, then we have to play it that way and earn it.

Fair Enough...

Why was it more complex? I am just curious...

I just went over this with my wife, who has 2 warrior class toons not yet with Jeasa, one male one female.... she will go dark with her male toon so Jeasa is her dark apprentice/lover, and light with her female and just not use her too much. We both get annoyed having a companion that does not like what we say in conversations and usually will not use them much. Like having Scourge with my Sentinel, I only use him for Heroics (because he is a tank), but never in any conversations with NPC's since he does not like my LS choices.

on the IMP side, we always stay dark with our alts, we just enjoy it more and it is more enjoyable from an immersion aspect to have companions that are "like-minded". If this was real life, no one would be going around with a companion that don't like what they say or do... Why I mentioned, why would a player going dark care for the LS version, except for the fact the game wants you to to get an achievement for doing it. .

I would think a person playing Warrior "light" would enjoy Jeasa as a LS companion. As a dark warrior, I probably won't enjoy her nearly as much as the dark version. We quest together and she loved my Dark Jeasa and her comments, so we are both disappointed we have to go light with her to complete this.

In all, I will assume this is not a bug and if I or "we" want that achievement, then we have to play it that way and earn it.

Fair Enough...

For the same reason both Quinn & Vette haven't liked the majority of the Dark side choices I have made.

For the same reason Khem Val doesn't like the majority of the Light side choices you make.

For the same reason why Tanno Vik doesn't like the majority of the Light choices you make (but he's more balanced than Khem Val).

For the same reason why Skadge doesn't like the majority of the Light side choices you make as a bounty hunter.

For the same reason Mako dislikes the majority of the Dark side choices you make.

I have yet to play a class that if you go one way, and solid one way, you aren't given a companion that dislikes where you are headed. I understand having one with you who disagrees with your decision can mess with the immersion. However, that doesn't change the fact that there is always enough dialogue options to offset any hit one takes at the Dark side / Light side point. Yes, pressing the escape key and starting over to get them all is annoying. However, it is there and it is possible.

I get where you and others are coming from. I really truly do. However, it shouldn't be changed to make it more easier to obtain. And going into why a Dark side Sith Warrior, whose only Light side choice was to make Jaesa uncorrupted, is not something I feel comfortable getting into in this thread.

Thank you for your feedback Jason_Ralph... Its nice to have forum chat with others (like you) debating things as adults.

These forums have many that do not behave as such...

Your points are all solid, I also realize not all companions will act in a certain way.... the like-minded ones turn out to be my long term companions, others may only be used in situations they are more effective in.

than when all else fails, there is always HK. :)

Edited by Themanthatisi

Thank you for your feedback Jason_Ralph... Its nice to have forum chat with others (like you) debating things as adults.

These forums have many that do not behave as such...

Your points are all solid, I also realize not all companions will act in a certain way.... the like-minded ones turn out to be my long term companions, others may only be used in situations they are more effective in.

than when all else fails, there is always HK. :)

The same can be said in how you responded back in kind.

I would support the achievement (in this case the meta-achievement) to include Dark Side Jaesa. But not to remove the Light Side one to make it more easier. I just don't believe that should be done, and appreciate the fact you disagree.

While I would love to discuss why my Dark Side Sith Warrior did not corrupt Jaesa, I just don't believe it would be appropriate. I still believe that a response would be nice from someone on EA / BioWare's behalf, I just feel it probably won't due to other things needing their attention.

Yet another BUMP because we REALLY need some kind of statement from EA about this.

I am not going to level another Warrior for the sole reason of making a Light Side companion. While the arguement can be made about the difficulty of getting affection up from a darkside character: Most of us just level out our companions affection from gifts: so it really isnt about a challenge.

It just plain isn't fair to force a population to level another toon from something so trivial as a choice in companion light/dark side. Especially when one of the choices (probably the most popular choice) isnt even included in the achievement.

PLEASE RESPOND EA!!!!!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we will be making a change concerning the Loyalty to the Sith Warrior Achievement. Jaesa will no longer contribute to this Achievement. Her individual Light/Dark Side Achievements will still be available, but you do not need to max out either alignments to receive the Loyalty to the Sith Warrior Achievement. We made this decision because from a technical stand point, Jaesa is considered two separate companions and we realize that it isn’t fair to make players play one version of Jaesa over another in order to receive an Achievement -- when no other Class is required to do so. Completionists can still do so to receive the individual Jaesa Achievements, though.

I do not have an exact time for this change, but I will update you once I have more information.

hey everyone,

just wanted to pop in and let you know that we will be making a change concerning the loyalty to the sith warrior achievement. Jaesa will no longer contribute to this achievement. Her individual light/dark side achievements will still be available, but you do not need to max out either alignments to receive the loyalty to the sith warrior achievement. We made this decision because from a technical stand point, jaesa is considered two separate companions and we realize that it isn’t fair to make players play one version of jaesa over another in order to receive an achievement -- when no other class is required to do so. Completionists can still do so to receive the individual jaesa achievements, though.

I do not have an exact time for this change, but i will update you once i have more information.

thank you!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we will be making a change concerning the Loyalty to the Sith Warrior Achievement. Jaesa will no longer contribute to this Achievement. Her individual Light/Dark Side Achievements will still be available, but you do not need to max out either alignments to receive the Loyalty to the Sith Warrior Achievement. We made this decision because from a technical stand point, Jaesa is considered two separate companions and we realize that it isn’t fair to make players play one version of Jaesa over another in order to receive an Achievement -- when no other Class is required to do so. Completionists can still do so to receive the individual Jaesa Achievements, though.

I do not have an exact time for this change, but I will update you once I have more information.

Thank god, thank you:p

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I popped into this thread hoping there was an update to it. I've earned my Republic version of the title, but LS Jaesa is still a requirement for the Imperial one.

Hopefully, 2.1 will have the change, and, if not, maybe 2.1.1? (or whatever incremental patch will come out a week or two after 2.1)

• 2 weeks later...
Could be worse. At least Dark Side warriors can choose...Light side can't. I was grinding Lightside on my Jug, and made the same decisions as my old DS jug...only difference was choosing LS in fps and such...and I had no choice in the matter for her.

• 1 year later...
Hey everyone,

Has this been fixed yet?

Haha! Just another reason to add us replayable story line! :) I'd love it, I want to replay my story with my warrior and his gear, perks, level and abilities without having to bother with other quests. they distract a lot, make it difficult to focus on what's going on. Replaying story on higher level like that would make it similar to makeb - dynamic and objective-focused. I wouldn't mind losing and regaining my companions or at least having a dialogue reset for them as well. I seriously want to talk to them again after 1.5 year. I'd never marry Vette.

I really want to replay story for the entertainment (this is a story driven mmo and Bioware is all about story telling!) I got character slots all filled with 7 50s andsome 20s+ and cargo characters :l Not much space left.

hardmode storyline version would be epic. Toss in some rewards and decorations for replaying. Would be awesome