Least Seen Companion

Mantang

So I notice running around and leveling on both sides of the galactic struggle there are just some companions that just never seem to get any face time. Hell, when I look up companions on data sites there are ones I don't recognize for anything and a few I would probably think were stationary NPCs if I were walking around the fleet.

So who in your opinion is the least seen companion?

For Imps I'd say:

Warrior: Broonmark

Inquisitor: Andronikos

Bounty Hunter: Skadge

Agent: Vector

I significantly doubt Andronikos. Lots of assassins who want a dps companion who is darkly aligned will use him.

Skadge and BM are true, but that's partly because they're acquired late in game. They're both darkside tanks who get sick affection rewards in conversations, so people who can use it should consider using them.

For Reps:

Knight: Sgt Rusk, darkside companion (not popular with Knights) who is acquired at pretty much the same time as Lord Scourge, who is lots cooler.

Consular: Iresso. Who finds this guy interesting anyway?

Smuggler: A hard one. I'd say Akaavi the least, but that's merely a guess.

Trooper: Yuun or Tanno. (Yuun because he's both lategame and melee dps (and because he's so easy to sway with gifts), Tanno because he's DS, and apparently people don't realize just yet how bad *** he actually is).

Edited by Diplomaticus

Smuggler: A hard one. I'd say Akaavi the least, but that's merely a guess.

Akaavi is actually pretty good for Scoundrels, I switched a lot with her and Corso on my Scoundrel :).

I would say Bowdaar is the least seen for level 50 smugglers.

I'd have to say Broonmark.

Because Juggs and Marauders don't really have a need for him when you have Jaesa,Vette or Quinn at your disposal.

I've geared up Pierce in full Rakata on my Marauder and can solo the Light's Out Heroic Daily on Belsavis,but it's a little hairy... with Quinn, that Heroic is a breeze.

Probaly the tank companions if you talk level 50. even while leveling tank companions aren´t used much.

True. On my Sage I only brought out a tank character for the big boss fights. Otherwise Nadia is quite happily trashing through heaps of mobs.

On my Scoundrel I've been using Risha ever since I've got her. Even class quests were easy to do with her along and a few levels below quest level. Helps if your character is a healer :)

I bet this topic is brutal for consulars who are stuck with a broomstick wielding, capri pants wearing, loogie hacking lizard-pirate as their first companion.

Oddly enough, I see Boonmark running around in fleet more often then you'd think. When I first got him i tried him out and wasn't impressed. Obviously tank companion not great for tanks. Course, there's probably five times more marauders out there than juggernaughts. . . . .

The least seen companions are any that aren't Mako/Jaesa/Ashara/cute chick/etc.

So I have on Imp side a Marauder, Assassin, and Agent, and a Guardian on the rep side.

For Marauder, my least used is definitely;y Broonmark- just not impressed much by him and not really a good companion compatibility-wise. My fave is Jaesa and HK-51, Quinn for his healing.

For assassin, least-used are Khem Val (useless after 50 IMO) and Ashara.

No comment on the Imp agent as I still only have Kaliyo.

For the Jedi Guardian, tie between T7-01 and Rusk. T7-01 doesn't cut it as I don't need another tank. Rusk absolutely has the worst personality of any companion I've ever seen. He does good damage but is thoroughly unlikeable. Scourge is cool, but I do not need another tank.

Seriously, when you have HK they all become less seen/used companions now. Actually, on my Mara I switch between Vette and Malavai. With vette, fights go so much quicker. I only use Malavai for hard boss encounters. Jaesa never gets used unless I'm doing UT missions with Vette and need DPS. Broonmark and Pierce never get used.

My Shadow, it's Iresso and Qyzen who never get used. If I need DPS I pull out Nadia or HK and Theran for heals.

On my Sorc I use Andronikos and Asharra evenly for DPS but Asharra probably more so. My healer gets no love (I heal) and my tank comes out for Heroics.

Smuggler - Corso gets NO LOVE lol. Not that I don't like him, but Bowdaar is more effective. Now that I have HK it's either HK, Tuno or Bowdaar. Risha and Akaavi on occasion.

Just got Rusk and Scourge on my Knight but on my other Knight Doc is the go to guy. Kira doesn't even get love lol

Seriously, when you have HK they all become less seen/used companions now. Actually, on my Mara I switch between Vette and Malavai. With vette, fights go so much quicker. I only use Malavai for hard boss encounters. Jaesa never gets used unless I'm doing UT missions with Vette and need DPS. Broonmark and Pierce never get used.

My Shadow, it's Iresso and Qyzen who never get used. If I need DPS I pull out Nadia or HK and Theran for heals.

On my Sorc I use Andronikos and Asharra evenly for DPS but Asharra probably more so. My healer gets no love (I heal) and my tank comes out for Heroics.

Smuggler - Corso gets NO LOVE lol. Not that I don't like him, but Bowdaar is more effective. Now that I have HK it's either HK, Tuno or Bowdaar. Risha and Akaavi on occasion.

Just got Rusk and Scourge on my Knight but on my other Knight Doc is the go to guy. Kira doesn't even get love lol

Agree on Doc. I used Kira up to the point I got Doc, but as a tank I need those heals. It doesn't help HK comes with 50 gear that is unusable until you hit 50, otherwise I'd probably use him more than I do. He definitely has the best lines

Well, as i have leveled up some characters, i have noticed 90% of all of the companions i see are either healers or tanks, depending on if the player is healing or tanking or dps'ing.

I hardly ever see a dps-dps combo, i guess its how poorly the combat system is designed.....very unforgiving to choices.

Well, my guardian I used Kira all the way from 15-50. She is an incredibly awesome companion, and I thoroughly enjoyed her story, and just generally having her around. And I continue to use her when I do dailies, just because shes in 45+ purples, whereas Doc is in greens, with a bunch of slots empty even. I leveled as Vigilance, and the double dps combo was quite fun, even if not efficient.

My Shadow actually used Iresso :eek: from the time I got him all the way to the end,simply because I wanted to pursue the romance, and being Infiltration, having a tank companion was great. I have since gone back to Theran for dailies and stuff though.

My assassin used Andronikos until I got Tallos, and I have never gone back. My Marauder was the same, never leaving the healer once I got them, outside of quick dabbling with new companions as I get them. As I get into my later 50s, I've seen most of the leveling experience multiple times, and now I just try to get to 50 asap, hence using the more efficient companions.

Since these days my 50s rarely do anything outside of pvp, I tend to have zero comapnions out anymore, as I find it unnecessary clutter while standing on the fleet.

For Imps I'd say:

Warrior: Broonmark

Inquisitor: Andronikos

Bounty Hunter: Skadge

Agent: Vector

Weird, on my agent I only use Vector, but then I am a healer. I guess if I went sniping I'd probably use Dr Lokin as I adore his voice. I would never ever use whiny, needy, sucky Temple though, she really grates on me.

My Smuggler groups with Guss despite having HK; Bowdar and Risha, never used.

Other alts are too low and so only have 1 or 2 companions at the moment. I think Qyzen will be a keeper on my Sage though, I quite like him.

Reading people's opinions on this makes me feel like a glorified hipster. I love using Akaavi, Vector, and Broonmark.

I'd have to say the droids (barring HK) because they're generally harder to gear. I love T7 but I'm not willing to throw all those stabilizers at gearing him out and my Scourge is just a more efficient option.

And Rusk. Nobody likes Rusk.

My Juggernaut: Vette then Jaesa because I liked the faster killing. Quinn when I want to solo a heroic. I never used Pierce or Broonmark because even as Vengeance I didn't need a tank. (Broonmark needs to be geared out if you want to use him. His starting gear is lacking, and he just seems disappointing after seeing how he performs in the cut scenes preceeding his joining your crew.)

My Concealment Operative: Dumped Kaliyo as soon as I got Vector. Then switched to Temple. Never used Doc or Scorpio.

My Madness Sorceror: Never used Khem Val once I had a choice. (Xalek is just a much better tank, able to hold a pack of mobs while you AE them down. Sucks that you get him so late.) Never used Talos Drellik either.

My Sentinel: Never used T7-01 except when I had to. Never used Scourge or Rusk at all.

My Commando: Never used Tanno Vik or Yuun. (Except when I was forced to.)

My Gunslinger: Korso until I got Risha. Never used Bowdaar or Akaavi Spar. Although if I was melee I'd probably have used Bowdaar instead of Korso until I got Risha.

I haven't played a Consular yet. My Bounty Hunter I only play with a healing operative friend of mine, so I use HK-51 instead of Mako, and haven't gotten any other companions yet because my friend hardly plays.

On my op I've used mainly Kaliyo And Temple my only char I didn't use the healer comp and dps my self.

Hate Rusk and broonmark really I can't stand any companion that doesn't speak basic either cutscenes are just meh. Scorpio is one I rarely see especially with HK now.

I bet this topic is brutal for consulars who are stuck with a broomstick wielding, capri pants wearing, loogie hacking lizard-pirate as their first companion.

Blasphemer! Qyzen is awesome.

My least used companions are Iresso, T7 and Tanno Vik.

I rather like Yuun as mdps with my Vanguard tank. I can keep an eye on him and he's pretty decent in taking out mobs.

Operative: I never used Doc Lokin or Scorpio, although I do like them, they don't fit my playing style. Ensign Temple is my wife, together we kick some serious kabootey.

Powertech: I never used Skadge. I just don't like the guy, didn't even want him on my ship. Mako's the way to go for me as a tank and when I need DPS, Torian is my man. I do like to play with Gault from time to time (just switch gear with Mako) to listen to his cool comments while burning down mobs.

Sentinel: I don't have all companions atm but I'm using Doc before Kira. I will most definitely test Scourge, mainly because I want to know his story.

Gunslinger: Same as Sentinel. Corso is my partner in crime atm, but I usually PvP with my GS. (Currently @L38 and still need to start Tatooine :-s)

Well, so far, it all depends on the role the player's character plays, if its a healer, the tend to not see dps companions, if the player is a dps or tank, i never see dps companions....its always either tank or healer, the only time i do see a dps companion, there is no alternative, like Trooper before completing Taris.

But at endgame, when doing dailies, the only companions i see are either tanks or healers, never dps, its how bioware foolishly did their combat system, around the primitive trinity system.

Last seen companion ever is C2-N2 / 2V-R8 + HK-51 (Probably becose not everyone has him at ALL chars)

P.S.: When i was lvling my marauder i picked Broomark and since then i never left ship without him, i NEVER used Quin and i never had problem with any mission/soling H2. (Its maybe cose i like to see my loyal polar bear in full rakata mixed with BH runing around ;) )

When i lvled my JG i was using HK-51 all time (dps spec JG + HK-51 = fights ended before they started)