Is Lootmaster working in HM/NM Ops yet?

We've been using Need/Greed/Pass for the past several weeks since we found out that loot doesn't drop when Lootmaster is activated. We'd love to go back to Lootmaster as soon as we can but we also don't want to waste a boss kill just to test the bug.

Is Lootmaster working properly in HM/NM Ops currently?

Thank you.

Master looter is not working.

Sometimes you still dont get half gear, last night my group didnt get 2x rakata tokens out of 1st vault boss on hardmode.

I made a ticket because of that and the response i got basically says that its normal for bioware that sometimes you dont get loot.

I even took the SS:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8601/swtor2012020911005588.jpg

Do not use Masterloot if you want to avoid frustration.

M.

Edited by Gojko

Just have a dedicated "master looter". Nobody else touches the corpse/chest until all the loot is distributed. Just have him right click one item at a time, and you get to roll for one item at a time. Works well.

This.

we use the same looting system and it works great.

So every method discussed basically gives you 60 seconds to get all the gear distributed correctly? There is no way to get more time or did I miss that?

Has Bioware even mentioned fixing Master Looter?

Bosses do not drop Tier gear for my Ops group at all when Master Looter is selected.

There are occasionally times when it takes more than a few moments to decide who is getting what piece of gear.

So every method discussed basically gives you 60 seconds to get all the gear distributed correctly? There is no way to get more time or did I miss that?

Has Bioware even mentioned fixing Master Looter?

Bosses do not drop Tier gear for my Ops group at all when Master Looter is selected.

There are occasionally times when it takes more than a few moments to decide who is getting what piece of gear.

Masterloot doesn't give you a 60 second countdown. We've take a lot more than 60 seconds to distribute loot before. You have until the bosses corpse vanishes.

Here is how our guild does it.

We do not use Master Loot Because yes It is broken and we aren't willing to test it every week to see if it is fixed.

A few things need to happen for this to work.

***This will only work in Hard Mode and Nightmare mode as Normal mode Loot is assigned by the game. ***

1. Keep the loot system on Round Robin.
  2. The Masterlooter must make sure their Area Loot AND Auto loot is turned OFF.
  3. No one must loot the boss PERIOD!
  4. Only the person designated as the ML for the raid loots the boss.
  5. The master looter assigns the loot via Vent/teamspeak/etc.
  6. The master looter clicks on the item to be assigned in his/her loot window.
  7. Everyone in the raid EXCEPT the person getting the loot passes on the item.
  8. The person who the item is assigned to selects NEED.
  9. Repeat for all items.
  10. Once all the loot is gone only the commendations will remain.
  11. Have everyone in the raid loot the boss to get their commendations.

Using this method you will get all the drops from the boss you should be getting and you still have a way of Masterlooting it out. If your raid can't wait 5 minutes before clicking on the boss there are more problems than boss looting.

Edited by PiercerPro
Grammar and Clarity

We do not use Master Loot Because yes It is broken and we aren't willing to test it every week to see if it is fixed.

9. Repeat for all items.

Using this method you will get all the drops from the boss and you should be getting and you still have a way of Masterlooting it out. If your raid can't wait 5 minutes before clicking on the boss there are more problems than boss looting.

Thank you very much for explaining this. Going to try and see if I can convince the guild to go with this. We have no loot drama - but are tired of duplicate loot going to people when others need it.

9. Repeat for all items.

Using this method you will get all the drops from the boss and you should be getting and you still have a way of Masterlooting it out. If your raid can't wait 5 minutes before clicking on the boss there are more problems than boss looting.

From the moment the loot distributor clicks on the body does this give you more than 60 seconds to get the loot passed out? If so, how long do you get?

Edited by balane

Masterloot doesn't give you a 60 second countdown. We've take a lot more than 60 seconds to distribute loot before. You have until the bosses corpse vanishes.

You must have missed the part about tier loot not being dropped for ops groups while Master Looter is selected. Certainly, it will give you forever if there's no loot to distribute.

to keep issues from happening we used Round Robin last night. I turned off auto loot and enable area loot. The list would come up I would link it in OPs chat Then I would click on each item individually and allow people to roll on what they could use.

From the moment the loot distributor clicks on the body does this give you more than 60 seconds to get the loot passed out? If so, how long do you get?

You get plenty of time. It will stay there until rolled by someone or the corpse rots....which is a long time. The 60 seconds that is being refered to is how long you have to roll on the item that is put out to be rolled on.

You get the standard 60 secs to pick your choice (NEED,GREED,PASS) from the moment the Loot master Clicks the item in the loot window. If the Master looter has auto loot on then you will get gear spam and only have 60 secs for all of them.

It is imperative that only 1 person loot the boss, AND that person who is looting have Auto Loot Turned OFF. If you don't do that, then the whole thing will not work.

Using this system you are only dealing with one item at a time.

Edited by PiercerPro

Thank you very much for explaining this. Going to try and see if I can convince the guild to go with this. We have no loot drama - but are tired of duplicate loot going to people when others need it.

Keep in mind this will only work in Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode as Loot is auto assigned by the game in Normal mode.

The only items you can distribute/roll on in Normal Mode are schematics and crafting materials.

Keep in mind this will only work in Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode as Loot is auto assigned by the game in Normal mode.

The only items you can distribute/roll on in Normal Mode are schematics and crafting materials.

Oh snap! Darn - I thought you were saying that would work in normal. Our Main tank has won so many duplicates its ridiculous.

Edited by Anilon

Oh snap! Darn - I thought you were saying that would work in normal. Our Main tank has won so many duplicates its ridiculous.

Yea if you having trouble with loot in Normal mode you are pretty well screwed. BW has instituted a "Anti-Loot Ninja" system. Which is actually a really good thing in my opinion.

The problem is it doesn't work. When our guild was still doing normals we saw a healing Relic (Proc to heal additionally upon another heal) go to a DPS, Teir (columi) Legs go to people who already had them when their were 3 other people in Orange mod gear/Tionese gear, Tanking trinket (Shield proc on hit) go to a Caster, and a whole host of other issues.

At this point if you are in normal mode Ops all I can tell you is:

1. Pray
  2. Do HM Flashpoints in hopes of the proper tier token dropping
  3. Pray more
  4. Move into HM Ops.
  5. Pray to satan

Yea if you having trouble with loot in Normal mode you are pretty well screwed. BW has instituted a "Anti-Loot Ninja" system. Which is actually a really good thing in my opinion.

The problem is it doesn't work. When our guild was still doing normals we saw a healing Relic (Proc to heal additionally upon another heal) go to a DPS, Teir (columi) Legs go to people who already had them when their were 3 other people in Orange mod gear/Tionese gear, Tanking trinket (Shield proc on hit) go to a Caster, and a whole host of other issues.

At this point if you are in normal mode Ops all I can tell you is:

1. Pray
  2. Do HM Flashpoints in hopes of the proper tier token dropping
  3. Pray more
  4. Move into HM Ops.
  5. Pray to satan

Lol! I'll take the suggestions under advisement. We have had the same issues .. lots of people getting duplicate gear. My companion Guss is happy though... such a shame.