There is absolutely no reason that the Concert Stage should be on a centerpiece hook.

septru

There is absolutely no reason that the new Nightlife Concert Stage decoration should be on a centerpiece hook.

It is small enough to be on a large hook.

It can not be placed in any meaningful layout or combination with other decorations if it is on a centerpiece hook.

It is inconvenient to be on a centerpiece hook.

I find it unusable anyway, since decos placed inside suffer from the old "no z-axis" problem. Nalargon or the drumset for example just clip into the stage. Until Bioware allows the placement of decos on top of each other, decos like these are just setting us up for disappointment. Too bad, since I really liked the stage idea and the fact that it could be had for only 5 certificates.

There is absolutely no reason that the new Nightlife Concert Stage decoration should be on a centerpiece hook.

It is small enough to be on a large hook.

It can not be placed in any meaningful layout or combination with other decorations if it is on a centerpiece hook.

It is inconvenient to be on a centerpiece hook.

They changed Centerpiece hooks a few weeks back. Centerpieces now have Small hooks inside them, which can accommodate quite a few decors like dancers, the mic stand, etc. I haven't tested it but I'm sure with a little finagling you can make the personnel "pop" up above floor level so they're standing on the stage and their feet aren't in it.

NOTE: This does not affect Starship hooks converted to Centerpiece layouts. Those do not have the small hooks.

I haven't tested it but I'm sure with a little finagling you can make the personnel "pop" up above floor level so they're standing on the stage and their feet aren't in it.

I've observed that the problem with the "pop up" is that when you leave the stronghold and return or log out and back in, the deco has sunk back down. It only stays up for the duration of that one visit.

I've observed that the problem with the "pop up" is that when you leave the stronghold and return or log out and back in, the deco has sunk back down. It only stays up for the duration of that one visit.

This has been my experience as well unfortunately. I assume it's the same bug that affects players standing on objects too. Someone stands on a rock, a wall, whatever--exit and come back and the player is now standing inside the decor. This could all be solved, of course, if we were just given x, y. and z axis for decors.

I agree with the OP about the stage should be allowed on a Large Hook and not just a Centerpiece Hook. As for the height, another solution is to flatten the stage. That way we can put singers, musicians and other items on top of it without them being cut in half.

Update: Ok, I got a stage and set it up. I put band players, musical instruments, dancers on top and found that after you leave the SH and come back, some of them move up. Some items that did not was the Nalargon, Prehistoric Drumset, Cantina Speaker and the new, Kitonak Musician. They all remained below the stage cut in half.

This could all be solved, of course, if we were just given x, y. and z axis for decors.

Yes, 100% agree. Z-axis! That would be such a QOL improvement.

Edited by Banthabreeder

I agree with the OP about the stage should be allowed on a Large Hook and not just a Centerpiece Hook. As for the height, another solution is to flatten the stage. That way we can put singers, musicians and other items on top of it without them being cut in half.

Update: Ok, I got a stage and set it up. I put band players, musical instruments, dancers on top and found that after you leave the SH and come back, some of them move up. Some items that did not was the Nalargon, Prehistoric Drumset, Cantina Speaker and the new, Kitonak Musician. They all remained below the stage cut in half.

The game has had an ongoing issue since strongholds first came out of not consistently letting decorations stack on top of one another. I've experimented with multiple decorations and setups. Most decorations will NEVER stack if you put them in the same space; their pixels merge together, that's it. Personnel decorations are an exception in that they will stack, but only intermittently. Every time you load into a stronghold, the dice get rolled on whether the decoration's positioning will be "correct" or not.

I see this every day in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold, where I have one one room set up as a dance hall complete with multiple Gambler's Party Floors. I currently have 3 different Personnel decorations positioned "on top" of said floors. Some days when I go to look they're all standing on top of the floor, some days all their feet are sunk into the floor, and some days 1 or 2 of them are on top of the floor while the others are inside it. It seems to be completely random.

In short, until we get a Z-axis slider in the Decorations interface, the stage decoration will be nigh useless. The fact you can only put it on a Centerpiece hook (a hook that is in short supply in several strongholds as well as ALL guild ships) is just more crap icing on the dirt cake.

Edited by AscendingSky

• 2 weeks later...
To sum up though, results are random and so this deco is unuseable. Really disappointed that it was put out there without being fully tested.

This is typical for BW. At least for this game. And I'm not just talking about decorations.

:(

I can overlook the npcs stuck at knee height, however the fact that the Concert Stage is designated only to a centerpiece hook continues to reinforce my belief that the guy who makes decorations isn't the same guy who determines it's placement. Furthermore, it shows they both don't decorate strongholds! I shout and pout, stomp my foot, rip out my hair and hit my head on the corner of table with such frustration when lil stupid things like this are allowed to slip by quality assurance. Leaves me sour! Edited by TonyTricicolo