8 and 16man Ops set ups

I'm just wondering what kind of set up's people are running for Ops of all levels both 8 and 16man, im assuming its 2 tank 2 healer 4 dps? for 8man and 3 tank 3 healer 10dps for 16man?, my guild is looking to start running these early feb now everyone is close to hitting 50 and are all back off various seasonal holidays, but we dont have much of an idea of set ups as of yet, any help would be muchly appreciated

yeah I just got recruited as an OT. I guess I just got recruited as dps. fml

i assume "somewhat interesting" is a generous term for "seriouz QQ"

This. I don't play mmos to dps. without dual specs and no cap on respec costs, this is going to create a major *****torm.

Consider this: hard mode 4 mans will each need a tank, but guild runs means or tank has to go dps. Respec costs and gear overlap will be serious.

Edited by Avanaco

yeah I just got recruited as an OT. I guess I just got recruited as dps. fml

This. I don't play mmos to dps. without dual specs and no cap on respec costs, this is going to create a major *****torm.

Consider this: hard mode 4 mans will each need a tank, but guild runs means or tank has to go dps. Respec costs and gear overlap will be serious.

Pretty sure you get one free respec a week...

Pretty sure you get one free respec a week...

Nope.

But it does cap out at 99,800 credits per respec.

Which really isn't that much. You can make 110k by taking an hour of your time and doing all of the space mission dailies. Take another little bit and you can make another 200k doing repeatable lower level heroic quests.

Couple hours a day nets you over 300k credits easily - and that's not even selling stuff on the auction or vendoring things. Just quest rewards.

We initially recruited based on a quote from Bioware saying that 8 and 16 man content would require teams that are upscaled from a 4 man group of tank, mdps, rdps, heal - so meaning that a 16 man raid would need 4 of each.

We thought it odd based on previous MMO experience, but hey, maybe Bioware were breaking the barrier with new innovative endgame!

Nope, it's all still Tank, Spank and don't stand in the fire.