What would you like to change about the GTN ?

toliman

The GTN Super-Wish-List

Now "80% less stupid"

what's the top 3 or 4 (or 10) things you'd like to add to the GTN that are missing / broken / game breaking for you ?

the list now stands at 70 items, the short list at 13/16 items.

Short List of Requested changes/ideas for improvement

• Auctioneer/Auctionator features, WoW's Current AH / AH Addons / WoW addons (same deal, different word arrangement)
  • EVE Online (or) Buy orders
  • Search Queries return results without having to choose from a category.
  • Search Queries work with partial words, i.e. "ant" brings up pants, warrant, guarantee, etc.
  • Posting more than 50 items
  • Drop Down filters for custom quality (orange) gear
  • Drop Down filters for Boots, Belt, Bracers, Gloves, etc. in armor items.
  • Listed items can be sorted by per-item cost, instead of total (stack) cost.
  • Browse items by Primary Stats, i.e. Aim/Willpower/Strength/Cunning or armor type.
  • Usable Gear finds equippable gear based on current skill tree (+power, +crit, +shield, etc.)
  • Browsing for "My" gear/companion gear, looks for equippable items, for the current spec/companion spec, +/- 3 levels, unless level 50
  • Placing an item for sale, searches for and brings up a list of the current item prices for current sale items on the right hand side of the window.
  • when posting an item, if you used a custom value, it will save the value.
  • Removing the 1 hr mail delay from sale to collection of funds
  • Adding in Neutral GTN's everywhere
  • A Remote Access GTN / Remote Crew skill App/Website

Here's what's enabled for 1.2's Legacy "Jesus" Patch

• Search Queries return results without having to choose from a category. - - partially working
  • The addition of a Neutral GTN on the ship, if your legacy level and credits are high enough.

Here's what's broken in Patch 1.2

• searching a main category, will only show grey quailty items by default, so you won't see companion gifts, armor mods, crafting items or miscellaneous goods, unless you also choose a quality type , i.e. green/blue/purple, etc.
  • changing the search quality after you perform an initial search does not change the search results, you have to re-enter the search criteria.
  • search for items Equippable by Me/Companion, doesn't work at all.
  • Spec-Specific criteria are not matched i.e. surge/alacrity/shield/defense.

the addition of a Ship GTN console for the neutral GTN, the HCTN, for the grand price of 5 million credits OR level 35 Legacy. Pursuing this using regular methods will be time-consuming. in general, Farming Legacy is more effective with flashpoints, warzones and dailies at level 50.

Here's what's planned for 1.2's Legacy "Jesus" Patch to 1.3 or "future" patch/PTS content

• Suggestions for Contracted Craft orders for guilds, or Guild messageboard/calendar in-game.

the Contract crafting system was mentioned in the recent Guild Summit, but is still pending as a definitive or possible 1.3 feature.

and now for the complete list of items

Search Filters

• Search Queries return results without having to choose from a category.
  • Search Queries work with partial words, i.e. "*ant*" brings up pants, warrant, guarantee, etc.
  • Search Queries use boolean search functions AND/OR/NEAR (i.e. echani +gloves -robe)
  • Search Query Entry box to have focus
  • Search accepts the enter key to perform a search
  • Buttons, dialog boxes, scroll bars and drop downs have tab selection and tab order
  • The Filter Reset button to be moved away from the search query dialog box.
  • Search Query window remembers the last 5 searches, and shows a drop down box.
  • After the Search Query entry box, add an "Advanced" button, which changes the search query area at the top of the UI, to search for pre-arranged lists of items, additional filters and more features.
  • Adding in new Filters and more options in each drop-down list
  • Collective filters for stats, like +defense or +cunning on gear
  • Drop Down filters for Boots, Belt, Bracers, Gloves, etc. in armor items.
  • item filters that you can toggle on/off for showing only R-E, Learnable or equippable items,
  • showing RE/equippable/learnable items in a unique colour/shade/opacity/symbol to a regular item or learned mission/crafting schematic.

Browsing

• listed items display a per-item value for item stacks (not as a mouseover)
  • listed items can be sorted by per-item cost, instead of total (stack) cost.
  • listed items can be sorted by name, with the lowest priced (per item) first.
  • Browse armor types by Light/Medium/Heavy and by armor slot for each armor type.
  • Browse items by Primary Stats, i.e. Aim/Willpower/Strength/Cunning or armor type.
  • Miscellaneous, to have a subtype for Companion Gifts.
  • Crafting materials/companion gifts can be filtered by Grade (as a range from X to Y), or by Quality
  • Usable Gear finds equippable gear based on current skill tree (+power, +crit, +shield, etc.)
  • Browsing for "My" gear, looks for equippable items, for my current spec, +/- 3 levels, unless level 50
  • Browsing for Companion gear, looks for Gear with the correct Spec (defense/crit) for companions, +/- 6 levels unless level 50.
  • Using +defense and +crit in the search criteria for companion gear, or just getting that feature to work at all.
  • list items by a particular seller, or sortable by sellers
  • Companion gear searches use the "selected companion" gear slot to compare with in the mouseover tooltip, instead of the Player/Current Companion's slot item. this way you can search for droid gear, without having a droid companion present.
  • Adding in more detailed filters for item levels, pricing brackets, and other filters to the search dropdown (see section above)
  • Saving previous searches so you can search for companion gear, bargains, etc. from the dropdown (see section above)
  • Double Clicking an item, purchases it.
  • Single Clicking on an item, shows a dropdown with stats for the item, current sellers and a per-item price

Selling Items Panel

• Placing an item for sale, searches for and brings up a list of the current item prices for current sale items on the right hand side of the window.
  • Placing an item, will remember the previous item post cost if you used a custom value
  • Placing an item for sale, and using a custom price will then display a check box to remember that value for future sales.
  • placing an item for sale, you can save stack size, price per item, and the number of auctions of an item as part of the custom price area.
  • Posted sales to appear in a new tab/Panel at the bottom of the GTN window
  • When on the sale tab, Ctrl-Clicking on an item in your inventory, does a search for that item in the sales panel
  • Having items listed for 1,2,3 days with 10%, 25%, 40% deposit costs for those items.
  • Lowering Deposit costs for HCTN/Neutral GTN items.
  • Adding a Bid price for items.
  • Placing a stack of items for sale means that buyers can buy partial amounts of that stack.

History Panel

• Add a new Tab/Panel at the bottom of the GTN UI for Sales History, visually similar to the Buy Panel.
  • By default, it shows all items sold in the last 30 days, grouped together by their name.
  • Items are grouped by their name. Selecting an item, brings up a table with the sales of that item in detail.
  • A Search bar will filter results of sold items by name.
  • Filters will search for Date ranges, minimum/maximum quantity, minimum/maximum price per item and item quality.
  • Show previous sales data (time, price, buyer name, quantity) for each item that is placed for sale, sorted by item name or date.

Guild GTN Panel

• Guild Vault items will show in a GTN Tab/panel, with unlimited/99 item stacks, from items stored in a specific Guild Bank tab.
  • Guild members with suficient rank can buy single or small stacks of items from the tab.
  • Guild Officers can change prices or take items out of the GTN tab as needed if their rank is sufficiently high enough and have a security key
  • Guild tab deposit access, pricing, max items to sell per week, etc. to be managed by security key enabled guild admins.
  • Guild GTN panels can also allow depositing of goods for items already deposited on the GTN exchange.
  • Adding a Guild Exchange tab, to create crafting contracts with players in the guild.
  • Guild Exchange is divided in 2 parts, Members Trading Network, and Crafting Orders.
  • Guild members with high rank can place Crafting Orders, which will place the entire deposit sum into the Guild Bank, with a set price per item, up to 14 day expiration date, and a listing/link to the item for display in the Guild News Tab.
  • Crafting Orders completed within the first 25% of the deposit time, will earn a 10% payment bonus, for any players who successfully submit an item towards completing an order before the bonus expires.
  • Guild Members of any rank can craft items and complete an order by depositing partial items and receiving rewards for completing the Crafting Order in the timeframe.
  • Guild members with low rank can submit 2 item stacks for sale in the Guild Exchange tab, higher rank members with security keys can sell up to 10 different items in stacks of 20/50/100, goods will be stored in the Guild bank, and members can purchase items at a set price from the list of Guild Exchange items.

Server/Database Features

• Search Queries delivered and parsed by the client, instead of the server.
  • Posting more than 50 items
  • Removing the 1 hr mail delay from sale to collection of funds, changed to batch operations to save the mail system's resources.
  • modifying the greater number of Bind on Equip items from mobs, flashpoint and operation bosses, quest and commendation dropped items to be Reverse-engineered, to remove a glut of mid-level items from the GTN. this may not have to include commendation equipment, but preferably, it should.
  • Create a set of batch queues for database operations to allow Bulk purchasing of orders for the Buy Orders system.

Ideals, fantasies and curiosities

• EverQuest Nostalgia: Add in a place where you can stand next to the person who you want to trade with, then drop your inventory items on the ground, so that other people can pick them up. potential name : Eastern Valley / Qeyno's Folly ?
  • XML parses of the GTN database parsed and processed off-server so people can post or purchase items remotely from their character's bank/inventory/mailbox using a secure website or smartphone application.
  • LUA connections added to UI so that people can implement WoW addons and pretend they work.
  • Hutt Cartel Trade Network (HCTN) vendors on the Fleet, in that empty space where the Underworld Surgery /cosmetic alteration vendor was/is/will be, next to the regular GTN vendors.
  • Extra HCTN (neutral GTN) vendors on Tattooine / Ilum
  • Non - Faction GTNs -- all Fleet/capital world/Nar Shaddaa GTNs use the HCTN / Neutral GTN database.
  • A Buy Order and Sell Order system (EVE ONLINE) that allows contracted payment for a certain item to be delivered or purchased, that will pay for partial completion, allow partial purchases of stacked items.
  • Selecting a required item in the crafting window that requires Grade X materials to complete, will open up a dialog box that will display a list of 10 current GTN listed items, which will then allow you to select and purchase the selected items via your companion, a short timer will be attached

anything else you'd like to see in the GTN ?

apart from the crushingly obvious link to WoW AH features,

the perennial desire of using auction addons,

to enable auto-posting and database records of all the buyers and sellers of your items,

auto-crafting to stock up on items,

remote/website GTN access,

posting items from a player's bank,

etc. and so on, etc

Edit #1: 21/2 i thought i'd edit this a bit, to add in other people's suggestions ...

Edit #2: 23/2 added categories, colour (it's like color, but in empire-friendly british english) , various suggested items

Edit #3: fixed a sorting item,

Edit #4: changed neutral GTN to Hutt Cartel Trade Network (sigh) for precision.

Edit #5: broke down some listings, added suggestions.

Edit #6: been busy, sic. added gifts and suggestions for buy orders (EVE online)

Edit #7: Guild Summit inspired me to change the topic title. also realized nobody reads the whole list, so added a brief summary of anything repeated 5x or more by other people.

Edit #8: updated content for Patch 1.2 and the forum's Grey epoch update -- added white text as highlight, changed sizes for better contrast with larger default font choice.

Edited by toliman
fixing things

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIC, it needs ONE change only.

Let me search it based on typing in a few letters of the item I'm looking for. Do not make me select from drop down lists before I can even start a search. Often it's not clear what category the item I'm seeking is in.

This times a bajillion.

Search by slot. If i want new boots i dont want to go thru gloves, legs, chest and so on.

This is a big one. It's really annoying when you're looking for a specific armor piece, but you have to go through pages of unwanted junk.

A neutral GTN that both factions can buy from. For some reason, my republic characters keep getting schematics for armor only available to imperial classes. I was going to put them on the GTN, but two of my friends, who were beta testers, told me that the game has no cross-faction trading. I think Nar Shaddaa would be a fantastic location for the neutral GTN.

just give me a keyword search that search the complete database and ill be happy...

sucks to be forced into selecting 2 drop box, clicking search, the entering "green goo", then clicking search again to list all green goo posting... we should be able to simply type in "green goo" to see the green goo...

I cant believe in the first place why they have not just build a standard search like we see everywhere... where keyword is your first option then the drop box your advanced one... Bad bad design.

A neutral GTN that both factions can buy from. For some reason, my republic characters keep getting schematics for armor only available to imperial classes. I was going to put them on the GTN, but two of my friends, who were beta testers, told me that the game has no cross-faction trading. I think Nar Shaddaa would be a fantastic location for the neutral GTN.

outlaw's den on tatooine would also be a really cool place to put one of those...

A search bar. One that doesn't require dropdown selection beforehand, as said before.

Also, if you have inventory open on a non-widescreen monitor and then open up the GTN, they overlap badly. What happens is you drag an item from inventory into the "sell" box, but instead it drops into the upper corner of your inventory (the area where it overlaps).

It's pretty annoying. Would be nice to give the GTN "priority" when it comes to drag-drop.

AFAIC, it needs ONE change only.

Let me search it based on typing in a few letters of the item I'm looking for. Do not make me select from drop down lists before I can even start a search. Often it's not clear what category the item I'm seeking is in.

This is the only thing it needs and it will be night and day

And the search function is already there they just need to make it so you can bypass doing the 2 to 3 drop downs

Not sure if serious.

There are neutral GTNs and they are on Nar Shadaa.

I would like to narrow the search to specific gear slots. If it's already there then I feel stupid because I've never found it.

Adjusting the search for OJ items without mods to be level appropriate in the listing rather than have them bunched up at one end on a general listing.

Let me hit return for the search filter because I cannot remember to click the little button next to it until I hit return and it resets what I've already filtered down to. this is just laziness for me.

Please stop the companion missions from closing out inventory or GTN windows.

If I list multiples of the same item it would be nice to have it auto assign the last price I listed to that same item.

The option to show gear on a companion.

If this stuff is already there somewhere and I missed it, I will jedi side hug anybody kind enough to point out how for me.