star wrs the clone s5 e14

turnoverla-page

i liked this episode, it had a good action scene between death watch and the bounty hunters, it was nice to see the brothers and death watch again. The disagreements shed light on the series previews where you death watch working with konobi fighting the other death watch and maul, it was also good to see the black sun, but i didn't think they where all one species. the only thing that did annoy me was the gamoreon guards being such pushovers, when there actually a hard opponent

It was nice to see Darth Maul again after the first episode of this season. All the other ones have been pretty boring in my opinion. :)

Did anyone else get the feeling that it could be possible for Darth Maul to turn to the light side after he decided to play it cool when that Death Watch woman pointed a blaster on his brother's head? Somehow I could see Maul redeeming himself for protecting his brother or something.

After the incredibly slow paced previous episodes in the season, this one went lightning fast! That's how they should make these episodes!

Loving all the preparation for an attack on Mandalore. Seems like the Vizla's going to stab Maul in the back though. Whilst I like that guy, if it comes down to a duel then I'm not sure he'll see the end of the arc.

Did anyone else get the feeling that it could be possible for Darth Maul to turn to the light side after he decided to play it cool when that Death Watch woman pointed a blaster on his brother's head? Somehow I could see Maul redeeming himself for protecting his brother or something.

Not me, he probably backed off because Savage is his apprentice and apart of his plan and also he probably felt Death Watch could be an asset, so he played nice.

Maul to me seems more calculating and evil than he was in Episode I...which is easy because he hardly did any thing except look cool and intimidating in that film. Sam Witwer is doing a real knock out job with the character. Makes me wish he and Matt Lanter could have played their Respective Characters in the Live Action Films.

Personally I liked this episode. I guess it is the hype from seeing the trailer and having to wait months of lackluster material to see the jewels of the season because personally this Season was really weak IMO. Only a few highlights really and one big payoff at the end. It's kind of sad actually. I feel Revival was aired first as a sort of "We're sorry but we're going to play the small stuff first and make you wait for the good stuff."

While I still think Death Watch shouldn't be portrayed as "The Cool Mandalorians" in this show I guess I have to sit back and enjoy seeing the next best thing to what I wanted ever since I saw the Season 2 Trailer. Mandalorians KICKING ARSE! Honestly I wish they could have simply substituted the Death Watch with Fenn Shya and Spar's Mandalorian Protector because canon wise they did support the CIS. But I digress.

Another thing I was hoping for but didn't see was Boba Fett clad in his iconic Armor among those Bounty Hunters. It would have been a beyond awesome to see the Son of Jango take on either the Son of Tor Viszla or brother...or whatever for a bit. I guess that would be too much of a fantasy to happen.

I also found the Bounty Hunters had a little too much plot armor on. There were times where they could have been killed but where spared the fate their "red shirt compatriots" were given.

Edited by CassusVerda

I also found the Bounty Hunters had a little too much plot armor on. There were times where they could have been killed but where spared the fate their "red shirt compatriots" were given.

Well it's no more plot armor than the presence of Luke turning stormtroopers into the worst marksmen in existence

Also I agree with your assessment of Maul, he's keeping Savage alive because he's useful, not because he's attached to him, Savage is the one trying to get a personal bond with Maul

I really enjoyed this arc, really exciting and its nice to get more insight into the Underworld syndicates. At first when I saw that Falleen I though Xizor! But it seems everyone in Black Sun is Falleen. Since when was that the case? I thought Xizor was the only one. Unless of course these guys are part of his royal family, but I thought they all died when their home planet was bombarded...

Only thing I didn't like about this episode is Maul's 'new look'. I was kinda upset when they got rid of his old legs and gave him boring new ones, I thought those legs were really cool. And I don't like his robes either. I preferred it when he had the neck thing instead. Does anyone else agree? Don't you guys prefer the old Maul look? But hey, Savage is still looking cool as ever. And I'm starting to warm to these New Mandalorians, although they still seem a bit shady and Maul's tactics are very brutish. He just turns up on everyones doorstep and forces them to join him, I suspect that will soon backfire.

Anyway, really looking forward to the next episodes!

He means that the other episodes were terrible and aren't worthy of being recognized as 'Season 5'. With the exception of Onderon, I'm inclined to agree.

I think the fact they were collated together makes it seem that way. However although the last two arcs weren't terribly exciting, and definitely could have been better, they were good. The Younglings arc was kinda cool when they went to Ilum, and had some nice action from Hondo and Grievous. And the Droids arc was visually stunning, it had the Republic Commando in, and R2 D2s heroics were a actually quite cool. I'm sure there are many people out there who enjoyed them.

On a different note, who do you think is going to die next? I reckon we've got a few more to come. I'm betting on Pre Vizla or Maul (and secretly hoping Satine! :p)

I think the fact they were collated together makes it seem that way. However although the last two arcs weren't terribly exciting, and definitely could have been better, they were good. The Younglings arc was kinda cool when they went to Ilum, and had some nice action from Hondo and Grievous. And the Droids arc was visually stunning, it had the Republic Commando in, and R2 D2s heroics were a actually quite cool. I'm sure there are many people out there who enjoyed them.

On a different note, who do you think is going to die next? I reckon we've got a few more to come. I'm betting on Pre Vizla or Maul (and secretly hoping Satine! :p)

Yeah it was probably bad that they put them close together. But I agree, they all had their merits. It was more the fact that I knew there were more exciting episodes on the horizon (specifically those with Maul and Ventress) and everything else just seemed relatively dull.

As for who's going to die, with Pre and Maul seemingly coming close to a collision, I'm going to put my money on the former. Maul is the better warrior (and has heavy plot armour to boot).

Then again Sidious has plot armor extreme

Yeah but I can't see them killing Maul off so fast. Maybe Savage, but not the guy they spend ages trying to bring back into the canon. I'd expect either someone runs or something interrupts the fight.

Hey, maybe it's a curve ball and Embo dies? :D

Yeah it was probably bad that they put them close together. But I agree, they all had their merits. It was more the fact that I knew there were more exciting episodes on the horizon (specifically those with Maul and Ventress) and everything else just seemed relatively dull.

As for who's going to die, with Pre and Maul seemingly coming close to a collision, I'm going to put my money on the former. Maul is the better warrior (and has heavy plot armour to boot).

Oh yeah, I forgot about their confrontation with Sidious. Looks like Pre Vizla or Satine then, one of them won't leave the battle alive. And if Satine dies I reckon Vizla will die too, but that's unlikely... This, I reckon, is Death Watch's final hour.

Oh yeah, I forgot about their confrontation with Sidious. Looks like Pre Vizla or Satine then, one of them won't leave the battle alive. And if Satine dies I reckon Vizla will die too, but that's unlikely... This, I reckon, is Death Watch's final hour.

I think Maul and Savage should go. Don't get me wrong, they are great characters (except for Savage, he's kinda lame), but it makes sense for Sidious to eliminate them. They pose a threat to the Dark Lord's plan. They are loose cannons, and they could upset the plan that has been in motion for over a decade.

I'm hoping Death Watch wins. Mandalore needs to go back to the old ways. Even if it is under Death Watch.

I think Maul and Savage should go. Don't get me wrong, they are great characters (except for Savage, he's kinda lame), but it makes sense for Sidious to eliminate them. They pose a threat to the Dark Lord's plan. They are loose cannons, and they could upset the plan that has been in motion for over a decade.

I'm hoping Death Watch wins. Mandalore needs to go back to the old ways. Even if it is under Death Watch.

Well they'll at least survive this arc. And I'm sorry Aurbere, but the last Mandalorian died at the hands of Mace Windu, Traya said so. There not coming back. :(

I thought it was Spar and his Mandalorian Protector army that would topple Duchess Kryze (that's not good news for Satine) and restore Mandalore to its warrior ways under the banner of the CIS

Seems likely that the Death Watch loses unless they want to retcon it, my guess is both Vizla and Satine bites it, and one of the brothers as well, my guess is Savage

Well they'll at least survive this arc. And I'm sorry Aurbere, but the last Mandalorian died at the hands of Mace Windu, Traya said so. There not coming back. :(

So we're stuck with a bunch of pacifist bums! :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:csw_vader:

Edit: More sadness- :(:(:(:(

Plus some angries: :mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Aurbere

Maybe Savage will be offered up as "collateral" to display Sidious' prowess in combat, but Darth Maul's definitely getting out of there alive. Aside from the fact that he's boosting the series' ratings, I think he's grown enough in strength to be able to hold his own against his old master and make an escape to safer parts.

I just want the true Mandalorians back. This wishy washy aryan race of people in greenhouses has had a nice run but it's time to get back to jet packs and rocket launchers.

EDIT: Also, the Clones Wars is T-Canon, which would be superior to Kotor. Therefore, Traya's prophecy can be overridden :cool: We will have our army of Boba Fetts.

Edited by Harlequintwo