Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

Really? If it "appears lighter" than it's not the same color. It may be the same color id number, but as color is visual, if it does not look the same then it's not the same color. That's what color is. And would it really be to much to ask to add a cape? You can add how many cartel armor pieces, but you can't add a cape to Revan's armor? I know the in-game npc doesn't have it, but the Revan that gave the opportunity to make this game wore one. How difficult would that really be to add? This is just pathetic. I'm over your "bug fixes" - just fix the armor correctly and be done with it. If you're wondering about whether or not it's worth it to fix this stuff - my sub will be ending with the release of ESO because of things like this. That game may flail, but I've given this game a chance from day one; I can do the same for ESO. I'm not alone in this sentiment either. If you look, you'll find others. This armor was my tipping point. I've bought cartel coins and paid a sub since launch - that's quite a bit of money. Is that worth a simple bug fix? What about the others who feel like I do and have done the same that I have? Apparently to you, that's worth nothing.

They aren't the same. The color was altered for both npc and item in patch 1.6.1

Pre 1.6.1 Body type 3 male Sith Warrior

http://oi48.tinypic.com/dovzi9.jpg

Post 1.6.1 Body type 3 male Sith Warrior

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2ptorx5.jpg

There is a huge difference what is shown in both pictures.

Also adding a cape would piss people who like it the way it is. And since it came out that way, they have a higher priority than people who want something that doesn't exist.

Edited by Magnusheart

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue that I think some players appear to be seeing is that the top portion of Revan's armor is not the same as the bottom or the "light grey bug." Interestingly, they are the exact same color. Yes, Revan's top may appear slightly lighter, but they are the same color, it is just a matter of how it is laying on the cloth (similar to how dye's can affect different armor pieces differently). The reason it appeared that the CM armor and NPC armor looked different is that you only typically see Revan in darker lighting, so his coloring looks a bit different then when you are running around in varying lights in the open world on your character.

Nope, they forgot to change the Light Grey appearance, and then EricMusco claimed that it was working as intended.

Lol fail

Change it back to black, srsly guys!

And now that Magnus is gonna get his Revan's robes - can I haz my traditional Jedi outfit on the cartel market pls?

THATS NOT THE CASE. LOOK.

Revan's BLACK Robes before they were bugged to light grey in BETA- pre 1.6.1

After 1.6.1's Light Grey Bug to now 2.2.1

SAME LIGHTING, BT and Sex and Class. Different patch times.

The bug affected the entire set, not the top back before 1.6.1 The primary was BLACK. before that patch. Not to be a jerk, Eric, but pictures are worth a thousand words and I took several.

Bloom is turned off on one of the pics. The darker one.

But I still remember armor's appearance before they changed it. It was darker indeed.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Bloom is turned off on one of the pics. The darker one.

But I still remember armor's appearance before they changed it. It was darker indeed.

If the first one had bloom off, and the second one turned on, wouldnt that further prove the point that it was in fact a black primary for both NPC and Item?

Edited by Magnusheart

If clothing in a game was your tipping point then you've got to reevaluate a few things. Also, this exact entitled, whiny, ************ response is why I don't blame them if they stay away from the forums. Y'all wanted these pieces the same color and according to his numbers, they are. Pro-tip: You're eyes, and the screen, lie. They took time to fix this and they don't get an ounce of gratitude. They don't even get polite criticism. All they get is scathing hate. If they had made it so they "looked" the same, but actually weren't you'd still yell at them.

Really? If it "appears lighter" than it's not the same color. It may be the same color id number, but as color is visual, if it does not look the same then it's not the same color. That's what color is. And would it really be to much to ask to add a cape? You can add how many cartel armor pieces, but you can't add a cape to Revan's armor? I know the in-game npc doesn't have it, but the Revan that gave the opportunity to make this game wore one. How difficult would that really be to add? This is just pathetic. I'm over your "bug fixes" - just fix the armor correctly and be done with it. If you're wondering about whether or not it's worth it to fix this stuff - my sub will be ending with the release of ESO because of things like this. That game may flail, but I've given this game a chance from day one; I can do the same for ESO. I'm not alone in this sentiment either. If you look, you'll find others. This armor was my tipping point. I've bought cartel coins and paid a sub since launch - that's quite a bit of money. Is that worth a simple bug fix? What about the others who feel like I do and have done the same that I have? Apparently to you, that's worth nothing.

If clothing in a game was your tipping point then you've got to reevaluate a few things. Also, this exact entitled, whiny, ************ response is why I don't blame them if they stay away from the forums. Y'all wanted these pieces the same color and according to his numbers, they are. Pro-tip: You're eyes, and the screen, lie. They took time to fix this and they don't get an ounce of gratitude. They don't even get polite criticism. All they get is scathing hate. If they had made it so they "looked" the same, but actually weren't you'd still yell at them.

They outright lied to us, and when we asked for pictures of what it would look like, they showed nothing.

This isn't fixed, and EricMusco wouldn't be in this position if he had listened to us.

They outright lied to us, and when we asked for pictures of what it would look like, they showed nothing.

This isn't fixed, and EricMusco wouldn't be in this position if he had listened to us.

No. What they did, is take the players outcry at face value. They assume folks were right without looking into it.

When they did go look? There was nothing to fix. All the rage is going to accomplish nothing but make them less likely to comment before they look into player reported issues in the future.

No. What they did, is take the players outcry at face value. They assume folks were right without looking into it.

When they did go look? There was nothing to fix. All the rage is going to accomplish nothing but make them less likely to comment before they look into player reported issues in the future.

Did you not look at Magnusheart's post? They messed up the color.

Did you not look at Magnusheart's post? They messed up the color.

You mean his character select screenshot? Where everything in the first screenshot is darker, character, outfit, background due to different graphic settings? Yes I did look at that and saw that they are exactly the same.

Bioware isn't dumb. They know MANY Revan fans are happy they fixed the clipping. Its worth pointing out however that the color seems to be slightly off, although it could easily be the lighting.

The lighting graphics actually effects other things such as lightsabers, and people have complained about the color of sabers being off such as the green, but Bioware has been listening and added the mint green saber which is much better. So don't be surprised if this isn't changed because its just how it is.

Edited by Jemfisto

^this. All of it.

Magnus, the pics are no those pics don't look the same. Not the robes, not the red lights, not the overhead lights, and not the mask. So, they only prove you took them at different settings. Good Job! I've agreed with the vast majority of what you've said in this thread up till this. If you want to prove the colors are different then I suggest pulling the color # off off both pics at multiple location in said pics and compare what color shifting happens. If the mask is say 3 shades darker and the robe is 3 shades darker to, then they are the same color. Given how darker one of your pics looks vs the other, I'm willing to believe bioware.

You mean his character select screenshot? Where everything in the first screenshot is darker, character, outfit, background due to different graphic settings? Yes I did look at that and saw that they are exactly the same.

That is how the model looked before they bugged it.

You honestly think those are exactly the same? Your blind. Even with bloom turned on in the newer picture that doesn't change how dark the robes were.

^ We have true Revan Haters and BioWare fanboys in this thread.

^this. All of it.

Magnus, the pics are no those pics don't look the same. Not the robes, not the red lights, not the overhead lights, and not the mask. So, they only prove you took them at different settings. Good Job! I've agreed with the vast majority of what you've said in this thread up till this. If you want to prove the colors are different then I suggest pulling the color # off off both pics at multiple location in said pics and compare what color shifting happens. If the mask is say 3 shades darker and the robe is 3 shades darker to, then they are the same color. Given how darker one of your pics looks vs the other, I'm willing to believe bioware.

That is a very risky statement.

Revan's chest was definitely changed to a lighter shade of gray. However, this might be the intended color: do you have a good reason as to why it is not meant to be the current color?

I personally like the original dark color much much more, and I suspect that holds true for the majority of people.

The color period for the entire set.

YOU CAN SEE it used to be darker, BECAUSE. Revan's face mask does not share the same color as the chestpeice anymore since that patch 1.6.1. You can see they are off color. Because the mask's cover retains to the color it used to be.

^ BioWare, fix the damn set.

Since Bioware isn't going to fix the color on the robe, easiest/cheapest fix for them is to enable dying of the revan robe, then people can spend more cartel coins on random dye packs hoping to get a black, then dye the robe the original colors.

And yes, the rob has changed, when it was first released, it was brown based black on the character portrait, now it's just light brown.

P.S. The Investigator armor and several others of the same style still have the double hood.

There is a possibility that the color of Revan's robe before 1.6.1 is wrong ,and after 1.6.1 ,they fixed it and the color atm is the correct one (working as intended).

Well,unless you can prove that the color before 1.6.1 is the correct one (lore-wise,canon ,ect,...),there's that possibility .

Edited by Alduinsm

There is a possibility that the color of Revan's robe before 1.6.1 is wrong ,and after 1.6.1 ,they fixed it and the color atm is the correct one (working as intended).

Well,unless you can prove that the color before 1.6.1 is the correct one (lore-wise,canon ,ect,...),there's that possibility .

It matched the rest of his armor before they bugged the armor.

Considering the color BEFORE 1.6.1 is what he had at launch till 1.6.1 What do you think?

You want to prove it wrong?

If you are so stuck up to believe post 1.6.1 is the same color as the one above because I have bloom on which makes little difference, by all means, dummy your settings to mirror the first image and compare.

The primary color was changed in patch 1.6.1 when they fixed the hood cliping with Revan's mask for BT3 Males.

I want you to prove your point & to show BW that they are wrong. I have no horse in this race. You are the one claiming something other than what the Dev's state. The onus is on you to prove them wrong. Not to me, I want this issue to be dealt with. Always have. Why you think holding the same two different settings pics proves much I don't know, nor do I care. They will react better to hard facts, not opinions.