Is Min/maxed WH/EWH enough for TFB HM.

Just basic War Hero is fine for TfB HM and as long as you've got decently geared teammates you can probably down the first boss in EC NiM without any problems as well. I've seen a Shadow DPS and a Scoundrel do it several times and we even ran a Recruit MK-2 Sentinel though TfB without any issues.

Gear requirement in this game is quite low compared to the actual content, you don't need Dread Guard for anything and the only thing you need Campaign for is EC NiM. Especially as a healer it shouldn't be a problem as long as you play smart and have a decent grasp of your class.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just basic War Hero is fine for TfB HM and as long as you've got decently geared teammates you can probably down the first boss in EC NiM without any problems as well. I've seen a Shadow DPS and a Scoundrel do it several times and we even ran a Recruit MK-2 Sentinel though TfB without any issues.

Gear requirement in this game is quite low compared to the actual content, you don't need Dread Guard for anything and the only thing you need Campaign for is EC NiM. Especially as a healer it shouldn't be a problem as long as you play smart and have a decent grasp of your class.

A full group in only campaign on NM EC tanks? That's would have to be a very good group. The enrage timer is tight.

A full group in only campaign on NM EC tanks? That's would have to be a very good group. The enrage timer is tight.

Doing around 1500 per DPS is enough to avoid the enrage if I remember correctly which using adrenals, optimized gear and proper raid set up with armor debuff, inspiration, etc is manageable. Bring two sentinels and they can do between 1700-1800 on that fight. Could be difficult with too many Sages or Scoundrels at the current stage of the game. Of course you'll need to min/max the gear (I should have mentioned that).

Doing around 1500 per DPS is enough to avoid the enrage if I remember correctly which using adrenals, optimized gear and proper raid set up with armor debuff, inspiration, etc is manageable. Bring two sentinels and they can do between 1700-1800 on that fight. Could be difficult with too many Sages or Scoundrels at the current stage of the game. Of course you'll need to min/max the gear (I should have mentioned that).

I haven't done the math on this fight. I just know that in my group, if the healers aren't contributing dps, we hit enrage, and overall we have more Dread Guard gear than Campaign/Black Hole.

I quite do not understand this. I mean.. I do both. when PVP I use my hard earned EWH/WH gear and when PVE I use my hard earned BH gear.

It is NOT impossible, one just needs to run HM flashpoints and SM operations and you get there.

and I am just as casual player as possible - not that I am spending every hour of my life in front of SWTOR.

Now i am thinking for what reason i need the campaign armorings in my BH gear if they are still rank 61.

I guess full BH gear is enough to run thru HM TFB???

and yes, Indeed, when you're PVPing after some time you start wondering why the other players in your ops group are standing like pillars :)

Edited by Przemo_No
typos

Now i am thinking for what reason i need the campaign armoring in my BH gear if they are still rank 61.
For Gear Set Bonus, but depending on your class and role, set bonus may not be that important or only one of the set bonuses may be useful. I will say some of the stats on the campaign armoring is better with campaign over black hole on my characters... Most of this means nothing if you are still using the shells from rakata, columi or Tionese with you black hole armor, mods and enhancements, as the set bonus is built into the gear not the armor for those.

Yes, bh is more than enough to run HM TfB or even NIM EC, provided you know your class and use your class abilities at the right time. If you don't know your class then no amount of gear will carry someone through NIM EC or HM TfB, but a great group that knows their class and roles may.

Edited by mikebevo

Don't forget that the rating of the main hand makes a bigger difference than just the stat allocation.

I have a 26 Reflex barrel in my Commando dps. If I swap it out for a 27 War Hero barrel, my aim goes down but my primary damage goes up. That's due to the rating on the barrel.

EWH is better than Rakata, but not as good as Campaign/Black Hole for PvE.

Many of us have a made a point about about optimized gear. Lets get couple of things sorted: Otimized EWH gear is a lot better than fresh Campaign/Black Hole sets (not optimized). Wanted to point it out because a lot of the EWH geared players have seen efforts to optimize it. I would go as far as to taking fully optimized EWH healer to EC NiM and not worry at all. Then again, taking someone with fresh, not optimized campaign or BH. Rather not take if I had the choise.

Hi all.

I'm a PVP based operative healer and I am the main healer in our RWZ team.

I love the challenge that it poses to keep everybody up and maintain my energy.

Unfortunately, these kinds of matches are rare yet so full of potential to learn to heal under severe stress.

Therefore I've started looking into PvE. In my first day I did LI HM and EV HM.

These were walks in the park and I was severely dissapointed because on my shadow tank some healers seem to struggle with the fight.

The next day I got into a TFB HM. Now I've only ever done everything up until EC HM on my tank. Never anything on my healer, never TFB. I was a pug together with 2 more who joined a gulid run. This was obviously not the best group.

I had read up on the tactics and nothing more.

On the first boss we wiped a few times cuz we messed up the yellow circles combined with the blood pools quite alot. It was cleared after a few times so we moved on to the 2nd boss. The group leader had doubts about my gear since Dread Guard isnt that easy to heal. Yet after a mere 2 tries we cleared it already.

Now my question is. Do you experienced raiders find Min maxed combo of WH and EWH gear to be enough for TFB HM? As a single player or a whole team. I didn't do the other bosses cuz we decided to stop where we were. People had to go.

I consider myself to be a good healer. I would not partner with you...to do TFB HM. This situation was caused by the developers. Excluding relics...PVP and PVE geared players should get a debuff. This penalty would target expertise. If you have too much expertise in PVE HM OPS...you suffer a 40% loss of main stat and secondary stat. For post 50 PVP...you need a minimum of expertise, or suffer the debuff. The penalty for the lack of expertise...should be more significant, minus 60% on main stat+end+crit+surge.

Archer: Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the hogs of war.

Lana: Dogs of wars.

Archer: Whatever farm animal of war, Lana. Shut up.

You could be carried through with a decent group.

Personally though, I wouldn't want to heal with you. Being the healer who has to make up for the slack of another is not always fun. I'm a bit bias though. I'd be perfectly okay with carrying a slightly undergeared PVE player, as they've put work into that part of the games content in order to get to TfB HM, but not a PVP geared person. I hope you don't take this personally, because it's not personal, it's just my thing.

Edited by Radzkie

You could be carried through with a decent group.

Personally though, I wouldn't want to heal with you. Being the healer who has to make up for the slack of another is not always fun. I'm a bit bias though. I'd be perfectly okay with carrying a slightly undergeared PVE player, as they've put work into that part of the games content in order to get to TfB HM, but not a PVP geared person. I hope you don't take this personally, because it's not personal, it's just my thing.

I'm the opposite, my pet peeve is PvE players that grind endlessly and in actuality are being carried (but are bad and do not know it) and think they are entitled to go on the toughest content because of their gear. When in reality, others had to work extra hard to get you your gear, because you don't pull your weight (not saying you, but I've had experience with quite a few of "these" types before in PvE).

I care much more about a person's skill than their experience. We had a healer that used to be in our guild (quit because we stopped carrying her through operations), full 63's, who could be one of the worst players you've ever seen. Like, can't beat her 1v1 council fight in EV bad. But expected to get to go on ops because she's geared and done the fights before. I have no interest in those types.

Edited by wadecounty

I'm the opposite, my pet peeve is PvE players that grind endlessly and in actuality are being carried (but are bad and do not know it) and think they are entitled to go on the toughest content because of their gear. When in reality, others had to work extra hard to get you your gear, because you don't pull your weight (not saying you, but I've had experience with quite a few of "these" types before in PvE).

I care much more about a person's skill than their experience. We had a healer that used to be in our guild (quit because we stopped carrying her through operations), full 63's, who could be one of the worst players you've ever seen. Like, can't beat her 1v1 council fight in EV bad. But expected to get to go on ops because she's geared and done the fights before. I have no interest in those types.

Hm? How are we the opposite? I do not like carrying people who are not skilled either. I'm not sure how you got that I am OKAY with that from my post. I must not of worded it clearly?

I've never seen or heard of someone without any skill being carried all the way to full 63's till now though, and I'm sad to hear that someone was. In my opinion, she should of been ditched earlier, or taken to the side and mentored(if you didn't try that. I don't know, I'm just some random guy on the forum). My guild is very honest about someones skill level.

Edited by Radzkie

It's very doable in wh, and no you won't have to be carried. I've healed in stock rakata with columi weapons, all un-augmented. And no, I wasn't carried (look up healionaire on tor parse for the dread guard fight). If you can hit 7.4k heals, then that's about 1k higher than I can hit for. Edited by Kokorrio