Palpatin and cloning

RixoFutu

I was wondering - why Palpatin didn't used the Kamino cloning facility to get young and healty new Anakin or even himself (i know he was cloned in some novel, but i don't know if it's some kind of canon or not at all)? According to book Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader, Palpatin wanted better apprentice, maybe stronger and mainly fully healthy. Vader was just his pawn for playing mainly. Edited by RixoFutu

I was wondering - why Palpatin didn't used the Camino cloning facility to get young and healty new Anakin or even himself (i know he was cloned in some novel, but i don't know if it's some kind of canon or not at all)? According to book Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader, Palpatin wanted better apprentice, maybe stronger and mainly fully healthy. Vader was just his pawn for playing mainly.

Because Camino was leveled by imperial forces after cloning was banned for non-goverment purposes.

And Camino clones were by no means perfect, and cloning a force sensitive is problematic... brain gets damaged and therefore not very good "vessel", 1 clone in thousands is marginaly good.

Spaarti clones were marginaly better but as far as force sensitivs go results weren´t really better... and Thrawn´s trick with Ysalamiry wasn´t truly working in this respect.

Edited by PaerisKiran

Your thinking of the watery world of Kamino. An El Camino is an automobile.

As to the topic at hand. Anakin is the Chosen One. Cloning him would not yield the same power that Anakin had. And Palpatine did clone himself after death.

Your thinking of the watery world of Kamino. An El Camino is an automobile.

As to the topic at hand. Anakin is the Chosen One. Cloning him would not yield the same power that Anakin had. And Palpatine did clone himself after death.

^ This. Also Force clones have been established as going insane, there are two exceptions to this Battlefront: Elite Squadron and The Force Unleashed II. Palpatine's clones didn't go insane because Palpatine was in direct control of them.

^ This. Also Force clones have been established as going insane, there are two exceptions to this Battlefront: Elite Squadron and The Force Unleashed II. Palpatine's clones didn't go insane because Palpatine was in direct control of them.

In both "exceptions" cloning was efectively result of "trial and error" aproach (Kaminoans were quite lucky... but truth be told experiment really had only 50 percent succes in terms of sanity ... X1 did not end very well)

I would not bother counting how much attempts it took to clone Marek for result to be at lest as sane as it was.

(And Palpatine´s clones had insanely low lifespan)

There's a series of books named the Thrawn Trilogy by the esteemed sci-fi writer Timothy Zahn. I think it relates to OP's interests.

The books are Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command.

These are the best EU books imo.

In both "exceptions" cloning was efectively result of "trial and error" aproach (Kaminoans were quite lucky... but truth be told experiment really had only 50 percent succes in terms of sanity ... X1 did not end very well)

I would not bother counting how much attempts it took to clone Marek for result to be at lest as sane as it was.

(And Palpatine´s clones had insanely low lifespan)

That is true. Wasn't Palpatine's clones low lifespan a result of the Dark Side energies that his spirit contained?

This, but I also think the clones that Palpatine transferred into were empty so he could just transfer his essence into them with no troubles.

I believe they were empty, otherwise there would have been some sort of internal struggle during the possession process like the one that Darth Bane had with Darth Zannah. Palpatine is all about not taking chances when he can avoid it.

Edited by Tuscad

That is true. Wasn't Palpatine's clones low lifespan a result of the Dark Side energies that his spirit contained?

The clones simply could not handle the amount of Dark energy that Palpatine possessed. Only his physical body, which had time to grow along with his power, could handle it. Palpatine obviously knew this would happen, because as I recall he had multiple clones.

The clones simply could not handle the amount of Dark energy that Palpatine possessed. Only his physical body, which had time to grow along with his power, could handle it. Palpatine obviously knew this would happen, because as I recall he had multiple clones.

and the only way to solve this was to possess the body of a strong force user and that is why he tried to possess the newly born Anakin Solo, correct?

and the only way to solve this was to possess the body of a strong force user and that is why he tried to possess the newly born Anakin Solo, correct?

Yes. The clones were insensitive to everything, including the Force. Had the clones been connected to the Force, Palpatine could have lived forever through his essence transfer ability. The only suitable host body would be a body that is Force sensitive. I think he was going after Anakin Solo was because any Jedi or Sith could have the will to fight him off or commit suicide to stop Palpatine, so a child was the perfect host. Especially a descendant of Anakin Skywalker, young Solo was perfect because he was strong in the Force even as a newborn.