Kaggath Series: Darth Sidious vs Sith Emperor

Beniboybling

IMO Vitiate's Sith slam into the Empire like a sledgehammer - I mean did you see how the 501st fared against the Ewoks? How the hell are they gonna beat the Sith? I say they lose most , if not all, ground battles. But thats my opinion - feel free to attack it. :p

Sith are not insta-win buttons, taking down AT-ATs is not something your average Sith can do, SKywalker and Starkiller could, but Skywalker and Starkiller are not average Sith, they were powerhouses, who both managed to rival the greatest Jedi killer of all time, Vader.

Imperial Ground Assaults are extremely effective and were not rivalled, any loss was due to completely unforeseen events taking place, where Vader's Fist is concerned, they had a 98% success rate in killing the best Jedi Order ever, some average Sith lackeys won't cut it.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imperial Ground Assaults are extremely effective and were not rivalled, any loss was due to completely unforeseen events taking place, where Vader's Fist is concerned, they had a 98% success rate in killing the best Jedi Order ever, some average Sith lackeys won't cut it.

But how would they fair against an army of Sith? Unorthodox tactics seem to catch them off guard...

And thoughts on Stormtrooper vs Imperial Trooper?

Wow.....

I give victory to SE because of this. Vitiate has the entire Dark Council and legions of Sith (and depending on the time he would have Malgus). *I* don't think there is a counter for this. I think Vitiate wins.

Note the ground rules however:

No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers. This excludes allies of the era, i.e. Darth Vader, Thrawn, Darth Malgus. (Concerning the Dark Council, they are not excluded from Vitiate’s power base, but cannot engage in combat themselves only command others.)
Edited by Beniboybling

But how would they fair against an army of Sith? Unorthodox tactics seem to catch them off guard...

They didn't use armies of Sith, they may have a random number of Sith in a division, like Malgus' strike force, but they wouldn't use armies of them, simply because they didn't have armies of them, there were not hundreds of thousands of them.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

They didn't use armies of Sith, they may have a random number of Sith in a division, like Malgus' strike force, but they wouldn't use armies of them, simply because they didn't have armies of them, there were not hundreds of thousands of them.

OK, so were not talking the Battle of Ruusan. But were talking 2-3 sith per platoon. And a Sith Lord at the head. Definitely gives them an advantage on one front.

Wow.....

I give victory to SE because of this. Vitiate has the entire Dark Council and legions of Sith (and depending on the time he would have Malgus). *I* don't think there is a counter for this. I think Vitiate wins.

Except Sidious could sleepwalk into the Citadel and kill pretty much everything in there.

Sidious>Sith Army

OK, so were not talking the Battle of Ruusan. But were talking 2-3 sith per platoon. And a Sith Lord at the head. Definitely gives them an advantage on one front.

An advantage for awhile, but how many men are those Sith going to be able to kill, if any, before they get overwhelmed and killed? I am sure some Sith will be able to win battles for his sides, but this isn't going to work in the long-run, the Empire has gargantuan manpower, with an enormous army, In my opinion the utter size of the Imperial Army and Stormtrooper corps, makes up for a Sith advantage, which in the long-run will fade away.

I think it's pretty obvious that the Sith Empire would win just because of the siths. Just one sith lord could easily kill an army of useless stormtroopers (admit it, they are useless) and destroy any heavy machinery in their way.

The only advantage the galactic empire have is number. It is bigger, but quantity isn't quality. I'll certainly give it to the Sith Empire.

And one-on-one i think sidious would probably win, just because he's a better lightsaber duelist. In force powers i thinks they're equals.

I think it's pretty obvious that the Sith Empire would win just because of the siths. Just one sith lord could easily kill an army of useless stormtroopers (admit it, they are useless) and destroy any heavy machinery in their way.

The only advantage the galactic empire have is number. It is bigger, but quantity isn't quality. I'll certainly give it to the Sith Empire.

And one-on-one i think sidious would probably win, just because he's a better lightsaber duelist. In force powers i thinks they're equals.

Really? An entire army plus any heavy equipment they have? Right....if that were true, then all the wars should have been won by the sith if all of them were that powerful.

Note the ground rules however:

Let's face it: Stormtroopers suck. Period.

I give that advantage to the Imperial Trooper as well.

Wouldn't both of them have their Emperor's Hands?

Thus wouldn't the Darth Sidious have Mara Jade at his disposal, I really don't see grunt Sith being able to take her on.

Also, there were improvements to the Imperial Star Destroyer, such as the Imperial II Star Destroyer, which was significantly more powerful, not to mention the Super Star Destroyers.

As far as starfighters, both sides had cruddy starfighters.

A key point being overlooked is the Lancer Class Frigate and the Carrack Cruiser, particularly the Lancer Class Frigate, which was extremely devestating against Starfighters, so that cancels out the numerical starfighter advantage for the Sith Empire.

Really I'd say Darth Sidious would win this, it would be close, but Sidious was probably more devious than the Sith Emperor.

Really? An entire army plus any heavy equipment they have? Right....if that were true, then all the wars should have been won by the sith if all of them were that powerful.

Really. I'm not considering the siths alone, of course they have the Sith Empire army with them. They don't won every war because of the jedi helping the republic. Without the jedi, the sith would get the republic with ease.

Vitiate wins.

Really. I'm not considering the siths alone, of course they have the Sith Empire army with them. They don't won every war because of the jedi helping the republic. Without the jedi, the sith would get the republic with ease.

Vitiate wins.

Yes but before you said 1 Sith Lord could take out an army and any equipment they have, which is flat out wrong. Now your bringing in the SE's army, which...while good they don't stack up to Stormtroopers and their tech. Your also forgetting the special forces Palpatine's Empire has, Shadow troopers, Dark Troopers(and the many variants of the Dark Trooper) Terror Troopers, etc nothing from what is shown does Vitiate's army has that extensive array of special force units especially with the tech that they bring.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The Galactic Empire lost to a rag-tag bunch of Rebels and, at most, a few Jedi who helped along the way. The Incompetence of the Galactic Empire allowed for the Rebels to build supplies, acquire allies, and form a respectable military that was only further aided by the G-Empire's xenophobia. Here, they are not fighting a cobbled-together group. They are fighting an Empire all its own, with a solid military force and plenty of resources at its disposal, as well as an army of Sith.

The G-Empire can only do so much with Stormtroopers and Walkers. Without Vader to counter the Force Users, they'll get decimated. And without Super Weapons, well...that might actually make the battle last longer, since the Sith Empire has about five times as many Super Weapons as the G-Empire ever did.

Now, Op states that Dark Council cannot fight in this, just give orders. That means Darth Nox is out. However, the Emperor's Wrath is still in play. There are also plenty of Sith Lords and Darths that can be sent to the field, as well as Cipher Agents from Imperial Intelligence.

I guess one question could be is whether this is Before or After the Dread Masters defected. Cause, if the Sith Empire had them to play, the G-Empire would be slaughtered.

The Galactic Empire lost to a rag-tag bunch of Rebels and, at most, a few Jedi who helped along the way. The Incompetence of the Galactic Empire allowed for the Rebels to build supplies, acquire allies, and form a respectable military that was only further aided by the G-Empire's xenophobia. Here, they are not fighting a cobbled-together group. They are fighting an Empire all its own, with a solid military force and plenty of resources at its disposal, as well as an army of Sith.

The G-Empire can only do so much with Stormtroopers and Walkers. Without Vader to counter the Force Users, they'll get decimated. And without Super Weapons, well...that might actually make the battle last longer, since the Sith Empire has about five times as many Super Weapons as the G-Empire ever did.

Now, Op states that Dark Council cannot fight in this, just give orders. That means Darth Nox is out. However, the Emperor's Wrath is still in play. There are also plenty of Sith Lords and Darths that can be sent to the field, as well as Cipher Agents from Imperial Intelligence.

I guess one question could be is whether this is Before or After the Dread Masters defected. Cause, if the Sith Empire had them to play, the G-Empire would be slaughtered.

The Sith Emperor's Super weapons are a lot weaker than the Galactic Empire's.

Rag-Tag is a pretty bad word to use when describing the rebels, considering they practically had their own fleets, special forces, and they weren't bad tacticians (thought i must admit, the death star had some giant flaws in it. Why again did they have a giant hole in it?). While the rebellion isn't all that organized, I kinda consider any faction that can hold a planetary defense or large-scale invasions more than rag-tag. Palpatine was going against some pretty tough competition, but I honestly think many people in the G-empire were underestimating the rebellion. They probably wouldn't underestimate a fully fledged empire.

Rag-Tag is a pretty bad word to use when describing the rebels, considering they practically had their own fleets, special forces, and they weren't bad tacticians (thought i must admit, the death star had some giant flaws in it. Why again did they have a giant hole in it?). While the rebellion isn't all that organized, I kinda consider any faction that can hold a planetary defense or large-scale invasions more than rag-tag. Palpatine was going against some pretty tough competition, but I honestly think many people in the G-empire were underestimating the rebellion. They probably wouldn't underestimate a fully fledged empire.

The Death Star was perfectly fine, it was only destroyed because Luke could use The Force. But right, they weren't as rag-tag as its put. They were rag-tag compared to the Empire, but they had their own special forces and their own technology, last I checked a rag-tag force usually doesn't have access to planetary ion cannons or shield generators nor get access to huge captial ships or state of the art fighters. They also had a lot of defectors from the Empire, and even had some of their own brilliant tacticians wanting to help fight...so they weren't just a rag-tag group or at least not completely.

Well that and you gotta take into account, that the Rebellion had some Heroes with them. :p Last I checked though, the Rebellion for the most part was always on the run.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The Sith Emperor's Super weapons are a lot weaker than the Galactic Empire's.

Not especially. Also, Galaxy Gun didn't come until years after the Galactic Empire was defeated and reduced to the Imperial Remnant with the Reborn Palpatine. So it wouldn't even be in play anyway. The only Super Weapon the G-Empire had was the Death Star. And that is a slow-moving object that has to take the longest possible route to its target. As such, it's only good as a distraction. The Death Star can either blow up a planet, or destroy 1 capital ship. It's functionality in actual combat is quite low. Whereas the Sith Empire has a number of Super Weapons designed for ship-to-ship warfare.

The Silencer could eliminate a small fleet of ships in one shot and could be mounted on Capital Ships. One shot from that could cause considerable damage to the Death Star, nvm if several ships armed with the weapon acted in concert. There is also another weapon that could surround the Death Star with a shield and fry it to scrap (of course it takes some time to power up, but if the Death Star can't turn to shoot at it, then it's another bad day to be in the Death Star).

Basically, the Super Weapons in the Sith Empire had more Practical applications. And nearly all of them could be attached to their Capital Ships, which made them far more mobile. Other than that, the Sith Empire has almost limitless resources, so long as their Psuedo-StarForges remain intact. You'll recall them from the SWTOR comics as one was built in each of the seven systems given to the Dark Council members as part of the conditions under the Treaty of Coruscant. While Super Weapons may not be allowed, it still allows them to turn energy from the star into matter and construct ships. Not nearly at the same rate as the StarForge itself, but still it's a great advantage.

Not especially. Also, Galaxy Gun didn't come until years after the Galactic Empire was defeated and reduced to the Imperial Remnant with the Reborn Palpatine. So it wouldn't even be in play anyway. The only Super Weapon the G-Empire had was the Death Star. And that is a slow-moving object that has to take the longest possible route to its target. As such, it's only good as a distraction. The Death Star can either blow up a planet, or destroy 1 capital ship. It's functionality in actual combat is quite low. Whereas the Sith Empire has a number of Super Weapons designed for ship-to-ship warfare.

The Silencer could eliminate a small fleet of ships in one shot and could be mounted on Capital Ships. One shot from that could cause considerable damage to the Death Star, nvm if several ships armed with the weapon acted in concert. There is also another weapon that could surround the Death Star with a shield and fry it to scrap (of course it takes some time to power up, but if the Death Star can't turn to shoot at it, then it's another bad day to be in the Death Star).

Basically, the Super Weapons in the Sith Empire had more Practical applications. And nearly all of them could be attached to their Capital Ships, which made them far more mobile. Other than that, the Sith Empire has almost limitless resources, so long as their Psuedo-StarForges remain intact. You'll recall them from the SWTOR comics as one was built in each of the seven systems given to the Dark Council members as part of the conditions under the Treaty of Coruscant. While Super Weapons may not be allowed, it still allows them to turn energy from the star into matter and construct ships. Not nearly at the same rate as the StarForge itself, but still it's a great advantage.

Yes but here, neither side has superweapons...so it just comes down to their fleets and ground troops.

Reborn Palpatine's army was still very very strong, along with a bunch of super weapons.

The Silencer is destroyed, according to Annihilation. Also it's not even close compare to the Galaxy Gun, which could attack any place in the galaxy from Byss.

What Psuedo Star Forge? The Sun Razer was destroyed before the game started and there is only one. The Galatic Empire also have the World devastators, it could eat planets, produce weapons, upgrade itself and even replicate itself.

Yes but here, neither side has superweapons...so it just comes down to their fleets and ground troops.

And as indicated by TFU, one strong Force User is enough to rip the G-Empire a new Exhaust Port. The S-Empire has thousands to tens of thousands.

Also, the Rebel Alliance was quite rag-tag until Starkiller showed up and got them to get their act together. And like I said, the reason the Rebel Alliance was able to gain such forces was because of the G-Empire's incompetence and flagrant xenophobia. The RA was pretty much done until they were able to get Ackbar to join them and gained the support of the Mon Calamari, acquiring their factories and ships to join in the cause.

As for people calling on Special Forces, the S-Empire had a number of them as well. There were the Black Star's (from Trooper Storyline if I recall), as well as Lt Pierce (Sith War companion) and his Black Ops team. The Sith Empire has its own SpecForce groups, plus ImpInt, the Imperial Guard and the Emperor's Hand.

The Silencer is destroyed, according to Annihilation. Also it's not even close compare to the Galaxy Gun, which could attack any place in the galaxy from Byss.

Going by that logic, the Galaxy Gun, Sun Crusher, Death Star and World Devastaters are all out of play because they've all been destroyed along with the planet Byss.

Edited by ReiKai

And as indicated by TFU, one strong Force User is enough to rip the G-Empire a new Exhaust Port. The S-Empire has thousands to tens of thousands.

Also, the Rebel Alliance was quite rag-tag until Starkiller showed up and got them to get their act together. And like I said, the reason the Rebel Alliance was able to gain such forces was because of the G-Empire's incompetence and flagrant xenophobia. The RA was pretty much done until they were able to get Ackbar to join them and gained the support of the Mon Calamari, acquiring their factories and ships to join in the cause.

As for people calling on Special Forces, the S-Empire had a number of them as well. There were the Black Star's (from Trooper Storyline if I recall), as well as Lt Pierce (Sith War companion) and his Black Ops team. The Sith Empire has its own SpecForce groups, plus ImpInt, the Imperial Guard and the Emperor's Hand.

Going by that logic, the Galaxy Gun, Sun Crusher, Death Star and World Devastaters are all out of play because they've all been destroyed along with the planet Byss.

What did TFU indicate?

Your right the SE does have its own SFs, however does it have it to the extent like the GE's where it has a variety of SF to call upon which include different technology and what they are trained for? The SE has their own Imperial Guard, but do they also have the sub branches of them? The Shadow/Sovereigns?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi