PLEASE BW, i beg you...

either take lost island off the LFG tool, make it premade only, or add a gear check

i don't know how many tiems i've had to leave cause under-geared or under-skilled or entirely new people are queing for it....

this is NOT that hard of an instance, but it IS hard for new players, and under geared players....

something has to be done yallllll

(before the cool guys step in, yes i have patience, and i've tried to get new people aware of mechanics, but like i said, it's really tough for new players, so many people qutitting this instance all the time because of PUG)

(before the other cool guys step in with "so just make your own group", that's not the point of having a LFG tool)

edit: another fix could possibly be just SIMPLY listing the minimum requirements for Lost Island

Edited by rotatorkuf

either take lost island off the LFG tool, make it premade only, or add a gear check

i don't know how many tiems i've had to leave cause under-geared or under-skilled or entirely new people are queing for it....

this is NOT that hard of an instance, but it IS hard for new players, and under geared players....

I wouldn't queue for it without an experienced tank and healer.

You're locked out of BH comms for HM FPs by doing any of the others, so if you don't want to queue for it, there's really no incentive or requirement that you do.

I like having it there just so that I can get a group of four, hit a button, and instantly travel there. And get BH comms. Is good deal.

I wouldn't queue for it without an experienced tank and healer.

You're locked out of BH comms for HM FPs by doing any of the others, so if you don't want to queue for it, there's really no incentive or requirement that you do.

I like having it there just so that I can get a group of four, hit a button, and instantly travel there. And get BH comms. Is good deal.

i agree, but read my edits, and you need it to get the weekly rakhgoul conflicts, at the VERY least

how many people do you already have on ignore because of LFG tool?

4-5 abusive tanks (I really have very little patience for tanks who blame others for tank mistakes).

Regarding your edits: what I meant is, there's no incentive to PUGging Lost Island HM. You can still get the 8 BH comms by doing it with a known group.

Are you consistently getting burned trying to PUG Lost Island? I would consider picking up a random DPS, but not much else. I just don't see the connection between 1. undergeared/poor players are queueing for Lost Island and 2. This affects me and so the option should be removed. As it stands, it's nice to actually get a few comms for completing it and it's nice to instantly shuttle down - it doesn't seem like there's a downside..

I understand the frustration, but I really really like the "travel now" option for using the group finder to run LI with a pre-made. Plus I like the group finder reward :)

It would be a bummer to remove it from the group finder.

Also, gear check won't solve the problem with people that can't play their class well or don't know the fight mechanics. If you took 4 unskilled players and gave them fully optimized Campaign / Black Hole gear and told them to run Lost Island, they would still wipe on LR-5.

It doesn't need to be removed. It doesn't need a gear check. It's separated from the rest of the flashpoints for specifically allowing undergeared and inexperienced players to avoid having to deal with the flashpoint.

That said, the majority of Lost Island's difficulty is in the mechanics, not the gear needed. Once the mechanics are handled by all players, the flashpoint is not difficult. Most PUGs I have with the LFG tool now end up with one or two wipes before clearing all the way, all due to mechanic check failures.

Edited by ImmortalAlien

(before the cool guys step in, yes i have patience, and i've tried to get new people aware of mechanics, but like i said, it's really tough for new players, so many people qutitting this instance all the time because of PUG)

(before the other cool guys step in with "so just make your own group", that's not the point of having a LFG tool)

edit: another fix could possibly be just SIMPLY listing the minimum requirements for Lost Island

gear check wont eliminate the under skilled and first timers. no lfd tool ever will. this is just something WE and YOU will have to deal with when using this tool. you cant fix this, bioware cant fix this. so just learn to deal with it since you are against the best solution of making your own premade.

as far as first timers, it is safe to say everyone who has done the zone was once one. to help these people out is to make them to do the story mode in order to be "flagged" for the hm. this way people will know most of the fight mechanics but still not all. they will still be first timers.

What the other said.

And honestly, removing it from the LFG tool wouldnt help anyone :\ Gearcheck, maybe but Im not a fan of them, mainly cause I like to do stuff on my undergeared characters.

Its already seperated into Tier 2, which should be enough of a warning to say: This is harder than the other FPs, but sure maybe a little Note or tutorial to clarify this might help newer players.

It also shouldn't be limited to premades, thats crazy, why limit it or remove it - as that wouldnt help you find a group now would it :p Youd then still have to make a premade group for it, which you can do right now if you dont wanna risk running with randoms.

The droid's unfriendliess to melee is what kills this instance for me (as a tank.)

Read some of the guides that have been posted in older LI threads. Some are very detailed and provide viable strats for melee heavy groups. Contrary to all the BSing and QQing ranged DPS is not required if your group is halfway decent with a solid strat.

Read some of the guides that have been posted in older LI threads. Some are very detailed and provide viable strats for melee heavy groups. Contrary to all the BSing and QQing ranged DPS is not required if your group is halfway decent with a solid strat.

What kills it for me is when you get a random group. The standard ranged strat is much easier for random people to grasp than the more complicated melee strats. I still do LI with melee, I just put together pre-mades for it.

The droid's unfriendliess to melee is what kills this instance for me (as a tank.)

Get better melee and be prepared to kite.

Honestly just keep LI on the LFG queue, I only ever go with a full guild group and i do like free BH comms for 35 mins or effort.

Why do they need to take it off the Group Finder when it is in its own specific tier?

Because they lack gear checks, and too many people who lack gear will try and get in it for the better loot without having appropriate gear for it because they think people who are geared will just pull them through.

Because they lack gear checks, and too many people who lack gear will try and get in it for the better loot without having appropriate gear for it because they think people who are geared will just pull them through.

By removing it from the group finder, you're penalizing people that use it with premades.

Feel free to not use it for pugs, that is your prerogative.

And Lost Island is a SKILL check, not a GEAR check, anyway. Give 4 unskilled players a complete set of black hole/campaign gear and they will still wipe on LR-5.

After donig Lost Island a few things I have come to the comclusion that the robot fight makes no sense at all. Tweek the robot fight, and everything else is fine with the FP.

Why is a guardain robot... able to control seemingly at will, the flow of Lava? (nothig happens until you start the fight.

Why is a guardian robot about to spawn these monstrous adds at will, that do his commond? Fine the robot breaks the tanks... but thier horrible mutant abominations. Why do they instantly help the robot??? Wouldn't crazyed mutatons attack anything that moves *shrug*.

Speaking of crazy mutations.... Where the hell did that rifle come from? Really? He had a sniper rifle with him in a kolto tank??

Considering the diff of this robot vs everything else, (some will hate me for this) the fight needs to be... toned down a slight bit. I'm not 100% sure what would be best to tweek or remove. But the fight is like juggling chainsaws, even with people that know what to do, its to dependent on luck most of the time.

Thiers definitely something wrong with a FP where the hardest boss is at the beginning of the FP , and its not the Final boss.

Then don't queue for it, and make teams for it the old-fashioned away. Nothing more to it..