A Universe At War - Ilum/Open World Redesign

Aneu

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO concerning Ilum:

1) Make the Objectives, and therefore the "control" of Ilum, the primary focus, with corresponding rewards, buffs, etc. (maybe even faction-specific, globally)

2) Remove the "kill" requirements. Kills, and their rewards, should be a byproduct of the struggle for control of the Objectives.

This would drastically reduce "trading kills," the camping of the faction spawn-points, and give some meaning to the control of Ilum.

Also, either implement the Mercenary Commendation system, or remove these Commendations entirely.

Edited by Montbrun

/sign

However, I would be shocked if EA/Bioware actually implemented these changes (even though I really do like the ideas you've put forward). By showing some true vison and commitment to the franchise, the game you've proposed could excel a good game into something really great. Thank you for all your hard work.

IMHO concerning Ilum:

1) Make the Objectives, and therefore the "control" of Ilum, the primary focus, with corresponding rewards, buffs, etc. (maybe even faction-specific, globally)

Exactly, nobody cares about these objectives except for the central assault area where you can farm armaments.

Its just stupid, why are they in the game??

Instead of a battlefield with walkers etc I would like the idea of small bunker complexes and a respawn point there when your faction controls it ( Pretty much like it is in the battlefield series).

When one faction controls them all the map restarts ( players have no respawn point except for base) and the faction which won gets a reward with a possible personal bonus for kills etc...

In order to aviod exploitation you implement some mechanics which only unlock the " taking over bunker" method when there is a balance on both sides... When there isnt you just go with the system like it is right now or something betta, dunno....

Nevertheless, BW you better get used to the idea OP has mentioned or you gonna fail soon or later...

I read through the entire post and it looks fantastic, although i don't agree with the additional planets and bases (even the crafting). That would work in a pure PvP game like Planetside or a Halo MMO, but this is a PvE game with PvP aspects. There just aren't enough PvPers on PvE servers to accommodate such large scale PvP.

I love your reward system idea, and something like that should be implemented YESTERDAY.

Your health buff idea is interesting, but that's more of a band-aid solution when the real issue is faction imbalance.

This is foremost a PvE game, and taking away so much resources to devote to PvP will just upset the PvE players and possibly damage the PvE game. Ilum and WZs are fun, and i have no doubt that they have plans for additional PvP content... the game is only out a month. And it's obvious war is about to break open, so i'm sure they have some PvP plans for us.

Your ideas are great for a pure PvP game. This is not it, and just wouldn't work in this game.

And BTW, you have WAAAAY too much time on your hands. But good work.

I read through the entire post and it looks fantastic, although i don't agree with the additional planets and bases (even the crafting). That would work in a pure PvP game like Planetside or a Halo MMO, but this is a PvE game with PvP aspects. There just aren't enough PvPers on PvE servers to accommodate such large scale PvP.

I love your reward system idea, and something like that should be implemented YESTERDAY.

Your health buff idea is interesting, but that's more of a band-aid solution when the real issue is faction imbalance.

This is foremost a PvE game, and taking away so much resources to devote to PvP will just upset the PvE players and possibly damage the PvE game. Ilum and WZs are fun, and i have no doubt that they have plans for additional PvP content... the game is only out a month. And it's obvious war is about to break open, so i'm sure they have some PvP plans for us.

Your ideas are great for a pure PvP game. This is not it, and just wouldn't work in this game.

And BTW, you have WAAAAY too much time on your hands. But good work.

yes, I agree its a pve game but i think earlier in this thread we discussed that once you've finished such a system there isnt really much to do for BW instead of maintenance....

If you think about pve, they need perpetually new content for their character progression...4 example, you need constantly new stories, music, gear+ design etc but such a pvp system you do once and then you finished for a year or two except for freakin nerfs lol :D

Edited by MEdiKLEZ

BioWare you should give this person a job. They have already beaten out your base design by probably 2 years. As some have said yes the game is pve but this is an mmo you cant just focus on one side its trying to get the balance and atm, the pvp is so messed up that the pve is getting no love. I am a pvp player but also understand how needed and worthwhile pve is. Something like this will really help the pvp and the general player base around the entire community. You also have a team that has done something like this before that you should be able to call on and that does not include the current maker of Illum. I play Dark Age of Camelot for 6 years for game play like this. You should do it BioWare.

Bravo to you for putting the time and effort into this. Well done.

Edited by DKChef