Fresh 50 - Gear Upgrade Path

My Guild has been running Ops since early February and has moved on from the KP/EV grind to concentrate directly on Explosive Conflict. Normally, I'd take a fresh 50 into EV/KP Storymode to gear them up but we're not running that content anymore.

The only other option would be to run Flashpoints until the RNG gods shine down upon the one character that needs the gear. That's not very viable given the amount of time that it takes to run Flashpoints for little to no worthwhile reward. So what's the upgrade path? Force guildies to grind Flashpoints? Force guildies to rehash EV/KP until the character is geared?

Something that would make this gear up process much easier for established guilds....

1 - When a new Tier of content comes out, upgrade the flashpoint end boss loot to match Storymode loot of the new tier. In this case, have them drop Rakata/Blackhole gear.

2 - Change the flashpoint gear 'tokens' to be class-neutral tokens, not class specific. I would gladly spend the time in a flashpoint for a guildie if I knew there was a 100% chance that my efforts were not in vain.

As it stands, we're pretty much stuck either running old content for new 50s, or simply not taking them on runs. I can't even imagine what it will look like when we reach the third tier of Operations.