Change to Corso Riggs is class breaking

Decrisit

Aaaaaaand here we have our first liar! If you do not play a Scoundrel, you can not appropriately comment on this issue please as it was folks like you that got this change in. Besides, you already HAVE a companion that rockets in, BOWDAR! Use him and leave Corso the hell alone!

And about your "But we start in melee!", You... are aware that mob groups tend to be a little spread out right? Melee one and some others are bound to be ranged fighters. Corso would yank to melee range so you dont have to, and I quote myself "Begin a slow traverse of terrain" as we have NO GAP CLOSERS. My god!

Liar? Why am I a liar? I am not lying. I play a Scoundrel and like I said I start out in the midst of the enemy and run from one to the next with no problem. It's not like the enemies go sprinting hundred of yards away the moment you begin combat. It's a few feet, a yard or two at most. Oh woe is me! I have to actually move during combat, instead of just standing there like a lazy pile! :rolleyes:

And IIRC you don't get Bowdar until you're in your 40s! That's a long time to wait to have a companion that works with your skill set.

No, this change is good. Get used to it. And don't call me a liar again, moron!

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

I disagree with you Blackavaar. See my above post, regarding playing melee vs ranged, for reasons why.

I also disagree with people being called liars or morons. Name calling will not help solve any problems. Keep the comments productive.

=)

Liar? Why am I a liar? I am not lying. I play a Scoundrel and like I said I start out in the midst of the enemy and run from one to the next with no problem. It's not like the enemies go sprinting hundred of yards away the moment you begin combat. It's a few feet, a yard or two at most. Oh woe is me! I have to actually move during combat, instead of just standing there like a lazy pile! :rolleyes:

And IIRC you don't get Bowdar until you're in your 40s! That's a long time to wait to have a companion that works with your skill set.

No, this change is good. Get used to it. And don't call me a liar again, moron!

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

You get Bowdaar on Nar Shadaar. He's your 2nd companion. Low 20's not 40's

I hate this change, give Corso his harpoon back. :mad:

I miss Harpoon Shot too. I'm playing Sawbones and I've been struggling playing tonight. (This is my first chance to play since the patch)

Usually I'll go into stealth and tranquilize the strongest looking npc in a pack and then back up and let Corso Harpoon another npc so that his AOE's won't break the tranquilized one. Looking for a new strategy, but it's rough going so far :(

I would love for Harpoon to be put back as an option instead of Illegal Jet Pack.

First, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for keeping this thread active. I am very disappointed to see the harpoon move removed from Corso. I currently have an almost lvl 43 scoundrel and I have used Corso as my main companion through the entire game. His harpoon move was a huge reason I kept going back to him. Having him be able to drag a member of the mob to me greatly complimented my scoundrel's play style. I had really enjoyed playing the game and now I am finding myself completely having to re-examine how I play the game.

I do not understand why they felt the need to alter the smuggler class in favor on one specialization. Gunslingers already have the option of Bowdaar or Akaavi. Both will enter mobs quickly from a distance. Corso and his harpoon move was the only companion (imo) that truly complimented the scoundrel specialization.

I wish I had known about this change when I was at PAX East. I would have asked them "Why?". I never thought they would sacrifice the enjoyable of playing one specialization just to give another an abundance of compatible companion options.

I agree with previous posters...make it a toggled ability. Please...the scoundrel community wants Corso and his harpoon ability :)

I agree with the original poster and add my support to the motion to restore Harpoon Shot, at least as an option. The one person who posted in disagreement with the rest of the thread is seeing only one of the benefits of Harpoon Shot. As a Dirty Fighting Scoundrel, I appreciated Corso pulling enemies towards me if I was trying to start combat from a distance AND I appreciated him pulling enemies away from me to help lessen my number of opponents if I ran into the mob. Not only that, but Corso is no longer a ranged tank if he runs into melee. We have lost multiple levels of functionality now.

I have not complained or even been particularly displeased with any other aspect of this game. Eliminating Harpoon Shot, however, is extremely frustrating. I have disabled Illegal Jet Pack, but that is only halfway to fixing the problem. The other half, I cannot do myself. BioWare, please bring back the Harpoon Shot for Corso Riggs.

Toggles/options: good

Removing something and limiting choice: bad

I loved the harpoon because I could get Corso to tank 4-man heroics when we only had 3 people, by surgically pulling out a mob from the CC'd guys behind. That way we wouldn't have to worry about breaking CC with any AOE. It worked very well...

The only reason I can see for not having both options is that there wasn't enough room on his ability bar. But you could still have something like "rocket jump on by default, but toggling this one ability REPLACES rocket jump with harpoon" or something like that.

So you are asking for the return of a kind of silly power to compensate for the fact that that we have no closing power?

You realize this is a universe where miracles can happen, and you, as a legless person asking god for your wheelchair back . . . . ask for legs!

You need to dream bigger.

Give us Sneaky Speed or something

Throwing my hat into the ring on this one as well, so many negative things done to smugglers/scrappers that it almost seems like this class is going to be deleted soon.... effectively that's what is happening anyway with the lack of new smuggler/scrappers being created...

• 1 month later...

Agreed and Signed.

I must also add that as a dirty fighter/gunslinger, having Corso pull 1 mob to me right off the bat meant that I could usually take 1 mob out of the equation very quickly. I liked the mechanic personally but i know not everyone did. It should have been put in a toggle between harpoon or jetpack!

Edited by TorontoStar