FIX PVP before it goes belly up

Elke

- Get cross server queues in as fast as possible!!! No one is going for ranked when there is one op team rolling everyone because they have capped their gear... no one wants to be in recruit gear and get rolled by warhero geared in regulars... no warhero wants to be in a team of newbies in recruit gear that dont know how to play the maps yet in regulars

- Add a function on queue to choose if ur dps, tank or healer. Tired of playing in a team with no healer when opposition has them.

- Don't mix ppl with diferent gear set together in regular warzones

That would be great.

One problem though, the population. We don't have more than 1-3 servers of each type in a given region. So are they going to match people from a rp-pve server against pvp people, who in theory should be more dedicated to pvp, or increase latency by matching east coast with west coast?

- Get cross server queues in as fast as possible!!! No one is going for ranked when there is one op team rolling everyone because they have capped their gear... no one wants to be in recruit gear and get rolled by warhero geared in regulars... no warhero wants to be in a team of newbies in recruit gear that dont know how to play the maps yet in regulars

- Add a function on queue to choose if ur dps, tank or healer. Tired of playing in a team with no healer when opposition has them.

- Don't mix ppl with diferent gear set together in regular warzones

100% correct. You nailed it.

The devs stated months before even beta testing was released that this was not the game for you if you were looking for serious PvP. Get over it already.

<shrug> I love the pvp in the game. World pvp, if you look for it, is a ton of fun as well. Cross server... ugh, hated it in Rift and will probably here as well. I don't play this game to face/team with random morons from some noob, nonRP server. Cannot wait... really...

That would be great.

One problem though, the population. We don't have more than 1-3 servers of each type in a given region. So are they going to match people from a rp-pve server against pvp people, who in theory should be more dedicated to pvp, or increase latency by matching east coast with west coast?

It's even worse with European servers... i'm pretty sure there's only one English PvP server and one PvE server. And after having a check at the server status on this site, a RP-PVE server that seems to be more populated than the two atm.

So unless people will be matched with corresponding server types but from another language (which I prefer wouldnt happen) there's no choice but to link the PvP/PvE/RP-PvE (not sure if there is a populated RP-PvP) servers together.

Disagree with all of them except the cross server queue..

You dont find it interesting to be able to que to your spec, not just by your ac? Really don't see how anyone could find that as a negative lol

I spose though, it would be just like group finder, and dps would be waiting in que for hours.

Edited by Blondesolid

cross server queues are a pipe dream. this game was not coded with the intention of having cross server pvp, andthe amount of time and effort required to code in cross server function is something that most developers dont want to invest in.

the devs look at it like this. how much money will it cost to quickly code in cross server function? is that cost going to be recouped by new subs/re-subs that the feature brings? if the answer is no, they could still continue on the project but certainly not fast-track it

You dont find it interesting to be able to que to your spec, not just by your ac? Really don't see how anyone could find that as a negative lol

I spose though, it would be just like group finder, and dps would be waiting in que for hours.

No I dont find it interesting, I dont want the queue's to take longer than they need to. That being said, I've won plenty of warzones without a healer.

cross server queues are a pipe dream. this game was not coded with the intention of having cross server pvp, andthe amount of time and effort required to code in cross server function is something that most developers dont want to invest in.

the devs look at it like this. how much money will it cost to quickly code in cross server function? is that cost going to be recouped by new subs/re-subs that the feature brings? if the answer is no, they could still continue on the project but certainly not fast-track it

Why was this game coded with so little foresight?

I think PvP is already belly up. On the most populated servers you still wait several minutes (like 15) in prime time for a pop.

Free to play players are going to hit 50 and consider paying for parts of the game are going to face unbalanced pvp with gear required and they are going to decide not to pay for that part of the game.

Why was this game coded with so little foresight?

I think PvP is already belly up. On the most populated servers you still wait several minutes (like 15) in prime time for a pop.

Free to play players are going to hit 50 and consider paying for parts of the game are going to face unbalanced pvp with gear required and they are going to decide not to pay for that part of the game.

The Harbinger (PvE) server, we have to wait all of 2 mins *IF* that for a queue to pop. Be it 50 or sub 50 bracket. Even during non prime time I never wait longer than 5 mins. Avg wait time for me is about 1-2 mins.

More people doesn't solve this issue.

This is the players' doing.