Free to Play and Crew Skills

Grayseven

There have been a few concerns voiced over the upcoming Free-to-play changes and how they will impact crew skills and the GTN.

The big one concerns players creating F2P accounts and making "mules" in order to flood the market with materials and goods. Such a move would drastically unbalance the already shaky economy and impair the game play of subscribers.

I hope that controls are put into place in order to prevent such an occurrence such as limiting the number of missions F2P characters can run in a day or week, limiting access to the GTN to purchases only or restricting F2P characters from trading or mailing materials.

While I understand that the decisions are still being made as to what restrictions are going to be in place for F2P characters I am concerned that this question has yet to be addressed or even acknowledged as an issue.

You mean sellers will use the mules to sell more than their GTN posting limit? Maybe, but seeing as how BW are trying to limit the number of characters free players get access to I'm sure they will have some restriction on the # of accounts that can be open per person. Hopefully it wont be just by email account or something like that.

That said, let the big box stores come. Better for the consumer that way.

Edited by Jnight

I can understand limiting the number of crew skill mission per day or per week. I can also get behind the idea of severely limited GTN slots to sell with (LOTRO allows F2P 2 slots, I think, on the AH. More available for $, for example).

This will prevent - or at least greatly slow - any great influx of material.

I can't see why *buying* from the GTN would be limited, though. The more F2P buy, the better it would be for paying subs, who will be the ones filling the GTN.