Exclusive? Um...

xTekwarx

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD. Chances are what you're about to say, has been said already.

Update: Never mind, just read like, the first 4 or 5 pages. 27+ pages is ridiculous to read.

Update 2: We now have two comparison screenshot where the crystals are in the same same, with the same lighting/background. http://i44.tinypic.com/oat3wl.jpg as well as http://i.imgur.com/hxjRD.jpg Although it doesn't invalidate the entire post, its some food for thought. If anyone could get us a screenshot of both set of blaster bolts in the same setting (perhaps DWing the Razer and new one on a BH?) it would be appreciated

Updates, updates, updates 3! Bioware's first response to a player that isn't incorrectly automated.

"We are sorry to hear that you have some concerns with recent changes made with the exclusive Razor in-game item.

From time to time, based on a variety of factors such as player metrics and other forms of feedback, the development team will make adjustments to certain items in order to provide as much balance as possible. We would like to assure you that these changes are intended and are never introduced lightly.

The decision to make these changes are only ever implemented to benefit the player base as a whole. Because of this, we are unable to swap, refund or affect any items that have been adjusted by a game content change.

If you have any any feedback or suggestions that you would like to bring to the attention of the development team in relation to these changes, please post them in the Suggestion Box section of our Community forums.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your understanding on this matter. Should you require further assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid E7-H4 (aka Mark)

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service"

Update 4: Original post reworded. Was too aggressive. I blame myself, and the fact I was hungry and tired as hell when I posted it! I have opened a page on the suggestion forums for SUGGESTIONS on how to calm the issue. Please go to http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4006278#post4006278 if you with to contribute. (Do not bring this discussion there please.)

Bioware, could we please get some light on the new Green/black crystal that is currently in the new game event?

When purchasing the Razer "SWTOR brand Hardware", we were promised a unique color crystal. Now, if you want to break it down to DIRECTLY what it says? Yes, we got that. Case closed, good night.

However, the wording was also highly suggestive, in both the original ad wording, and the current wording. It suggested the color combination, would be unobtainable without the Razer SWTOR hardware. No one here can really argue against that. It suggested that the "Black core green blade" color crystal would be unique and exclusive to the hardware, not just a specific crystal that couldn't be obtained other ways.

The situation is similar to if they started handing out black/yellow crystals in a new event, with a VERY minor variation on the color scheme. We feel, cheated bioware, and lied to :(

BE AWARE. This is an EDITED opening post, the first 25 pages or so are directed at the original version which is no longer here. Please excuse some of the rather, angry arguments early on.

Edit: By the way, I am NOT referring to the Kaas vendor. This is referring to the daily vendor which IS available to EVERYONE. Confirmed by 2 guildies that do NOT have the headset/mouse/keyboard.

Edit 2: For the sake of simplicity, please be aware that when I use the term "Headset" in this thread, I'm referring to ALL SWTOR brand Razer hardware. I only own the headset so I automatically refer to the hardware as that.

Edited by xTekwarx

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's part of the Rakghoul event man and I doubt your going to be able to score it after the event for a long while,

Its still bioware giving out something marketing claimed was exclusive, and STILL claims is "exclusive" as of five minutes ago when I checked the purchase website.

Also, bioware, I KNOW you're reading this. I've seen you delete two posts already. Please respond to why you're giving out something marketing SAID was exclusive.

let the QQ begin, but seriously is someone else having that color gonna hurt you in soe way? get over it its just a freakin color. while your at it BW give the black/yellow to non pre orders nobody uses it anyways lol

Again, they claimed the ONLY way to get one was the headset. That is the main reason I didn't get another brand that I like more, because I wanted THAT color crystal THAT bad. Then they go around and make it available in game with ONLY in game means?

It has nothing to do with me not wanting others to have a specific color, I already have a white blade for that, its me not wanting my "exclusive" crystal to be sold in game.

Edited by xTekwarx

Again, they claimed the ONLY way to get one was the headset. That is the main reason I didn't get another brand that I like more, because I wanted THAT color crystal THAT bad. Then they go around and make it available in game with ONLY in game means?

It has nothing to do with me not wanting others to have a specific color, I already have a white blade for that, its me not wanting my "exclusive" crystal to be sold in game.

well imo if your buying a headset just for an in game item you need to rethink your prioritys (not that i have never made a bad purchase) but i dont go to the companys websit and QQ ( in this case you went to the wrong companys website since razor advertised it) i remember them making the VIP lounge availible in game to non CE's but i didnt give a rats @** lol

sry for the double post refreshed the page and it popped up.

well imo if your buying a headset just for an in game item you need to rethink your prioritys (not that i have never made a bad purchase) but i dont go to the companys websit and QQ ( in this case you went to the wrong companys website since razor advertised it) i remember them making the VIP lounge availible in game to non CE's but i didnt give a rats @** lol

sry for the double post refreshed the page and it popped up.

*sighs*

Yet again. You are NOT reading what I'm saying.

I was going to spend the money anyway. It was the fact I bought their product, instead of another equal priced product, in order to obtain a crystal. Priorities would suggest I bought a headset in general for the sake of a crystal, not decided one over the other.

And yeah, the VIP lounge was never exclusive, we still get the VENDOR which was the exclusive part. (Looking at my CE box right now.)

Edited by xTekwarx

dont change the fact razor advertized it as exclusive, show me where BW ever said that. for all you know this is one of many colors (like the white crystals) they intend to release for limited times and razor screwed up by saying it was exclusive.

If you take the time to read the information on the keyboard/mouse it says:

UNLOCK THE UNIQUE COLOR CRYSTAL!

This rare Color Crystal changes the color of your Lightsaber blade and blaster bolts. Stride into combat in style with this unique green Color Crystal!

It does not say exclusive it does not say it cannot be obtained in other methods. It just says it unlocks it you get it for free others have to pay for it with in game currency

dont change the fact razor advertized it as exclusive, show me where BW ever said that. for all you know this is one of many colors (like the white crystals) they intend to release for limited times and razor screwed up by saying it was exclusive.

It was when they advertised it on the website for the Razer items. And yes, if Razer is advertising a SWTOR product, it is BIOWARE'S word as well. Bioware gave them the rights to use the game's name, imagery, ect, and by extension? They essentially ARE the word of bioware on the subject. (And as such, I've emailed them as well.)

It was when they advertised it on the website for the Razer items. And yes, if Razer is advertising a SWTOR product, it is BIOWARE'S word as well. Bioware gave them the rights to use the game's name, imagery, ect, and by extension? They essentially ARE the word of bioware on the subject. (And as such, I've emailed them as well.)

posted a link above bro, it says Unique does NOT say Exclusive, there is a difference

If you take the time to read the information on the keyboard/mouse it says:

UNLOCK THE UNIQUE COLOR CRYSTAL!

This rare Color Crystal changes the color of your Lightsaber blade and blaster bolts. Stride into combat in style with this unique green Color Crystal!

It does not say exclusive it does not say it cannot be obtained in other methods. It just says it unlocks it you get it for free others have to pay for it with in game currency

u·nique

/yo͞oˈnēk/

Being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else: "the situation was unique in modern politics"; "original and unique designs".

So...yeah, different wording then, but my point still stands. Why is my "Unique" crystal being given out?

u·nique

/yo͞oˈnēk/

Being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else: "the situation was unique in modern politics"; "original and unique designs".

So...yeah, different wording then, but my point still stands. Why is my "Unique" crystal being given out?

If that's your argument you've already lost it. By its very definition it isn't unique because more than one person got it. So now more people have it.

Exclusive to Razer -

i.e no other retailer gets to give them away?

No other manufacturer can distribute codes for them. Razer isn't the only distributor of their products.

Also as pointed above, I guess we HAVE to use the word for word definitions now, so its "Unique" to Razer.

If that's your argument you've already lost it. By its very definition it isn't unique because more than one person got it. So now more people have it.

I don't even know what to say to this one. Just as one shouldn't take statements too vaugly, you shouldn't take them too literally either. I was just quoting the definition in order to point out the argument still stands if you swap words. Too many people here are trying to justify the crystal being sold by a vendor, despite it being VERY obvious what they intended to say on the website.

Edited by xTekwarx

No other manufacturer can distribute codes for them. Razer isn't the only distributor of their products.

Also as pointed above, I guess we HAVE to use the word for word definitions now, so its "Unique" to Razer.

now your twisting words around, it says "unlock a unique color crystal" it does not say it is unique or exclusive to razer

Edited by GooseGrims

Listen the bottom line is (while I don't like ppl that QQ) he is right. Razer's advertising was that if you bought one of their selected products (Headset, keyboard, mouse) you would get a bonus item in game that was supposed to be unique (to customers of aforementioned products) - I think if this were a case in court, the "unique" wording would have gotten them in trouble since it's not longer so "unique".

So at the end of the day, while I dislike his approach to the issue, he is right. If infact they are selling the crystal at large, then the crystal loses it's value, much like the way the Korrealise COmmander was obtainable ONLY to CE and DD edition customers for a modest 1.5 mil creds. Then for a limited time, they put it available to the masses for 500k creds less ontop of that... kind of a slap to those who forked out the extra cash... I mean let's face it, I have the DD edition, and there is not a single item in that edition of the game worth paying extra money for... the STAP?? please... 8k credits is nothing so the savings on a speeder is useless, it's not scaleable so who cares if it's unique to CE and DD clients, you still have to spend the money for training to use it, the other stuff is junk and a waste of space... so again much like that scenario, the Green Black crystal was intended to be a small sort of cool factor for having a Razer Mouse, Keyboard of headset... and now... not such a cool factor bonus for having those items since anyone and their monkey can go get it on tatooine.

now your twisting words around, it says "unlock a unique color crystal" it does not say it is unique or exclusive to razer

Will you please stop arguing for the sake of arguing? You're just desperately trying to make it

justified that the vendors are selling the item. You're trying to insist that because it doesn't DIRECTLY STATE every little thing, it can't be true.

So at the end of the day, while I dislike his approach to the issue, he is right.

This isn't an aggressive comment or anything, I'm just asking, what would you like me to do? I've already opened a ticket, and we all know the wait time on them. Hell, by the time a ticket gets answered people will have started redeeming the DNA for crystals. I've also emailed Razer already, I was just coming here in an attempt to raise awareness of this issue to other owners of the crystal, as well as non crystal owners that think a company should keep their word.

anyone and their monkey can go get it on tatooine.

...WHAT ITEM DO I HAVE TO BUY TO GET THE IN GAME MONKEY!?

Edited by xTekwarx