Patch note says Diplomacy missions appropriately faction-restricted?

slapcin

Patch note says Diplomacy missions that previously indicated the player was assisting the other faction are now appropriately faction-restricted.

What does this mean? Like how does it work if I have 6000k light points and 5000 dark points what happens? I dont get how this works. I don't understand how this works in the game.

You seem to be confusing alignment with faction.

I think it was referring to the missions that are helping a faction like the empire (that are now restricted to bounty hunter/Sith/Agent) or the republic (which is restricted to trooper/jedi/smuggler).

Faction: Republic or Empire

Alignment: Light Side or Dark Side

There were Diplomacy missions that showed up for the wrong faction, that is, you could be playing an Imperial character and the text of the mission referenced aiding the Republic on the mission. (Or vice versa.) Light Side and Dark Side point granting missions still show up for everyone, just with the correct text.

Did that clear up the confusion?

Ya thanks for the info I still don't understand the system then. i pull up crew missions i'm a jedi I can only do light side missions?

No, it just has to do with the text that describes the crew skill mission. If you never read the text and only look for light/dark side rewards or what is gathered when selecting a Diplomacy Mission you probably won't even notice the difference.

No. They did NOT correct the text. Bioware just excluded those missions from the available mix.

Why does that leave me with the feeling that they may have broken Diplomacy? Unless those missions being included had caused some weird, unintended skewing of what was available that has now been fixed. *hopes its the latter*