Loot on Eternity Vault Nightmare

So this last week my guild decided to try Eternity Vault Nightmare Mode after having killed Soa on Hardmode the previous week. The go started pretty well with a one shot on first boss but problem came when we were looting - one Exotech Smuggler hat level 136, one recipe for exotech gear and one mod. We found it quite surprising that no Rakata gear or similar level gear dropped, rechecked the Operation difficulty and all was correct - so we just considered ourselves unlucky.

We kept on going clearing trash to Gharj while one of our guildies had to go back for repairs (he had forgot to before operation started) - when he came back in he just told us he couldn't come in because first boss was back to live. We decided to go back but halfway he tells us the boss died by himself and he could now pass - we though it was simply an animation bug, took notice to report and kept on going.

We engaged Gharj and downed him on first try - while we were disappointed that no new mechanics seemed to be introduced on first two fights and it only seemed to ask for more damage and healing, the true disappointment came with loot: one recipe for columi level gear, one recipe for tionese level gear and one mod. Both mods were level 58 mods, so good ones but still lacking for a Nightmare mode loot - it basically was telling us if we wanted better gear we had to run Hardmode (which shares lockout with Nightmare).

Although disappointment was kicking in we decided to try the Ancient Pylons to check it. I had a very noob action and ran the opposite way, only realizing so after i left the tunnel back to the droid trash area. So I turned back and ran to my guildies when I just see Gharj again alive! Walking in the Islands, already all spawned because we had killed him before, but alive... I though I'd run to my guildies, hell I can take the beating until I'm near them and anyway they fixed the bug that allowed to take him out of the that pit into the tunnel. So i sprint to my guildies, i get agro and Gharj starts following me, I go into the tunnel leading to jungle area and to my astonishment Gharj keeps coming after me (so either the bug seems only to be fixed on the entrance tunnel since he didn't reset on the exit one). We engaged him again and killed him in the tunnel for the second time, no loot dropped this time.

While most of the team was disencouraged to be facing so many bugs and so few loot we still had decided to continue when someone says "Hey Gharj is alive again". We look into the pit and there he is, big and in good health... To add to this the speeders weren't spawning... So if we wiped we'd had to face him again. We just decided to call it for the night since the mood was mostly broken. We didn't try reset to see if it fixed something so I can't really tell.

Has anyone else been having same or similar problems in Nightmare mode?

We had one reply to one of the tickets that asked me the name of items dropped, my character name, location and level. I haven't heard from them ever since.

WOW that is pretty disappointing! I was sad to find out that NM mode ops still only drop rakata gear which you can get in regular HM ops. Now when you add on those problems you mentioned I guess I shouldn't get so motivated to clear through our HM ops. We are currently up to Soa HM and now I think we will just stick with HM. Why bother in NM if you don't get anything for your trouble.

This is the only reason we don't do NM mode either. Too many bugs, too little loot drops. Just seems a waste of time over nothing more than bragging rights. We are already top guild on our server, no need to down more than a few bosses on Nm mode for no reward.

From what they've shown so far, there is absolutely nothing gained from doing individual bosses on Nightmare mode. If you manage to speed clear an entire operation on Nightmare mode, all you get is a title.

Trash still doesn't drop a single credit, artifice/armstech schematics still don't drop, and the loot is the exact same as Hard mode.

Edited by Malakriss

We ran it last night in 8 man (normally run 16's) and decided to try something.

We left loot on round robin.

Tons of drops. I think we got 9 Rakata pieces in total, along with 2 alien data cubes off of each boss.

Only 2 exotech drops through the whole place.

We will try that Round Robin trick on our next Nightmare run - Thanks for the tip. Normally we had Round Robin on but since we had trouble with people pressing twice need on same piece because they though they hadn't clicked - example: 2 Rakata leg tokens dropped on ancient pylons hardmode and it was on top when we first looted chest, as soon as our sage healer pressed need there was another in the same place, so he though eh had badly clicked, he went need again and ended up getting 2 pieces. Since we always pass loot around for each other and no one is lootwhoring we decided to go Master Loot to prevent miss clicks.

Still the bosses coming back to life was pretty weird...

Thanks all for the tips on Round Robin system, will definitely try it.