What's the attraction to Arcann?

Gebrakstkasten

If I were Satele, I would have removed myself from the war and the Jedi, NOT from my son. I would have found some back water planet to raise him in peace and I wouldn’t have hidden him from his father.

But the Jedi order isn't the problem. She being a force user is the problem. Being tied to the force in that way means your emotions are dangerous if allowed to go out of control. If your husband or wife were to leave you, you can be angry and cry and lash out. When a force user allows themselves to feel that deeply then we're talking about people being slammed against walls, necks broken with a thought and buildings exploding. I don't think when someone says another's emotions are coming through they are in there digging around in someone head (like Obi-Wan told Anakin repeatedly) but that they are starting to affect the world around them due to those emotions. If allowed to keep growing then it wouldn't just be those who can sense the force feeling it. So one bad day for Satele could be a bad day for everyone around her.

Its all completely weird and not very well explained to me but we never really get to see the Jedi lash out like the Sith do and perhaps that because they do have better control of themselves. Who hasn't just gotten so fed up and thrown something across the room. I used to go to town on a keyboard I had once. Thrown a few remotes across the room too. Now imagine when I toss that remote all that frustration goes with it and I'm looking at a missing wall. And really, what kind of mother would she have been having to constantly bottle her emotions up. That would be far more damaging than him hating her. He actually can learn to move past that while she will always be a force user and so never really allowed to be that loving mother she may have wanted to be. They do play fast and loose with the lore of the force though. Apparently in this game you can break the Jedi code and not overthrow the Republic. Who knew.

After watching as much Star Wars as I have I think the one oddity is when Luke's doing his ugly cry in ESB and nothing happened. I thought he was the second coming. But the only full force user we've seen get that emotional without a peep from the force. Might be others but that's one that always struck out to me where I think waitaminute, I thought bad stuff happened when you get like that. Guess not.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am coming very late to this, but there are few reasons why I find him attractive:

1) His backstory. While I initially disliked Arcann and Vaylin a lot (I saw them first as power-hungry children who couldn't control themselves), seeing how much he and his siblings suffered in the hands of the Emperor softened me for them. How he saved Senya at the end of KoTFE made me intrigued of him, and I was certainly happy that we were given chance to save him, and offer him a new life. Senya did so much for him too. Plus I have tendendy to play generally as light-sided character, making dark choices is really hard for me.

2) I admit, he is very handsome in my opinion (even with that huge scar and robotic arm) and that voice is good too, fantastic voice acting from Tod Dellum.

I know I am coming very late to this, but there are few reasons why I find him attractive:

1) His backstory. While I initially disliked Arcann and Vaylin a lot (I saw them first as power-hungry children who couldn't control themselves), seeing how much he and his siblings suffered in the hands of the Emperor softened me for them. How he saved Senya at the end of KoTFE made me intrigued of him, and I was certainly happy that we were given chance to save him, and offer him a new life. Senya did so much for him too. Plus I have tendendy to play generally as light-sided character, making dark choices is really hard for me.

2) I admit, he is very handsome in my opinion (even with that huge scar and robotic arm) and that voice is good too, fantastic voice acting from Tod Dellum.

This!

I hope that, for those of us who kinda loathe Arcann... a realistic option to have him retire to a comfortable prison on Tython will be available.

So, like, the scenario be something like...

Arcann says: I can't stop thinking about you. I have brought you flowers and chocolate.

You say:

:o [Flirt] Come over here, you sexy-voiced beast.

:confused: uh, sure. Put'em over there and get back to work.

:mad: I may forgive you, but the Galaxy cannot forget what you have done. Your presence has become a political embarrassment to me. You will never walk Free Space again. I've arranged for you to go to an extended, meditative retreat. If you try to leave, you'll be declared a renegade and hunted down like a rabid animal. Understand?

Arcann romance MUST happen for my sorc. And as a girl myself, there is something about Arcann that is very attractive. His voice, his looks, his history etc. :jawa_smile:

And he's powerful, probably the most powerful man in the galaxy at the moment... :cool:

But the Jedi order isn't the problem. She being a force user is the problem. Being tied to the force in that way means your emotions are dangerous if allowed to go out of control. If your husband or wife were to leave you, you can be angry and cry and lash out. When a force user allows themselves to feel that deeply then we're talking about people being slammed against walls, necks broken with a thought and buildings exploding. I don't think when someone says another's emotions are coming through they are in there digging around in someone head (like Obi-Wan told Anakin repeatedly) but that they are starting to affect the world around them due to those emotions. If allowed to keep growing then it wouldn't just be those who can sense the force feeling it. So one bad day for Satele could be a bad day for everyone around her.

Its all completely weird and not very well explained to me but we never really get to see the Jedi lash out like the Sith do and perhaps that because they do have better control of themselves. Who hasn't just gotten so fed up and thrown something across the room. I used to go to town on a keyboard I had once. Thrown a few remotes across the room too. Now imagine when I toss that remote all that frustration goes with it and I'm looking at a missing wall. And really, what kind of mother would she have been having to constantly bottle her emotions up. That would be far more damaging than him hating her. He actually can learn to move past that while she will always be a force user and so never really allowed to be that loving mother she may have wanted to be. They do play fast and loose with the lore of the force though. Apparently in this game you can break the Jedi code and not overthrow the Republic. Who knew.

After watching as much Star Wars as I have I think the one oddity is when Luke's doing his ugly cry in ESB and nothing happened. I thought he was the second coming. But the only full force user we've seen get that emotional without a peep from the force. Might be others but that's one that always struck out to me where I think waitaminute, I thought bad stuff happened when you get like that. Guess not.

I think there’s a huge divide between bottling up your emotions(which the Jedi already do) and going completely *******. Expressing normal degrees of emotion on a regular basis would act like a release valve so you don’t bottle it all up until it explodes. I think she would be far more likely to encounter a situation that would completely set her off if she continues to fight in a war (where for example she may see friends murdered right in front of her, civilians massacred, herself injured, tortured, etc...) than if she were tucked safely away on some backwater with her son leading a normal life. I also feel that the guilt of abandoning him and the resentment of having to give him up because of the Jedi and the “greater good” would realistically eat at her and also possibly lead to the dark side.

But yeah the lore is inconsistent and makes no sense.

This is where you went wrong. Only Lana stands by people when they wake up, whether that's from Carbonite or when they're sleeping in their beds. No other companion will ever get that privilege.

This is basically what Senya tried to do, except that their kids didn't want to go.:o

Lmao I thought the same thing “how is Arcann gonna creep on us while we sleep when Lana is already there creeping? Are they going to fight over who gets to creep on you?”

And yeah except right away when Theron was born. If Senya had done so when her children were babies and Valkorion hadn’t corrupted and tormented them things would have turned out differently. By the time she tried they were too old and already under his influence :(

If I were Satele, I would have removed myself from the war and the Jedi, NOT from my son. I would have found some back water planet to raise him in peace and I wouldn’t have hidden him from his father.

Nefla, we agree on something! :)

Satele could have done just that - retired to some quiet planet to raise Theron. If he'd turned out to be Force sensitive, she could have trained him herself. Since the Jedi pride themselves on forgiveness, she probably could have returned to the order at some point when he was grown, if she wanted. She chose the order over her kid, and it did affect him negatively.

Lmao I thought the same thing “how is Arcann gonna creep on us while we sleep when Lana is already there creeping? Are they going to fight over who gets to creep on you?”

Well... after the romance, that would be his bed too :p

I think there’s a huge divide between bottling up your emotions(which the Jedi already do) and going completely *******. Expressing normal degrees of emotion on a regular basis would act like a release valve so you don’t bottle it all up until it explodes. I think she would be far more likely to encounter a situation that would completely set her off if she continues to fight in a war (where for example she may see friends murdered right in front of her, civilians massacred, herself injured, tortured, etc...) than if she were tucked safely away on some backwater with her son leading a normal life. I also feel that the guilt of abandoning him and the resentment of having to give him up because of the Jedi and the “greater good” would realistically eat at her and also possibly lead to the dark side.

But yeah the lore is inconsistent and makes no sense.

I just think that was what they were going for. But the lore is absolute scatterbrained on so much. Some can lead fine lives without issue while others are off the charts dangerous. We have so many examples of Jedis even just getting a hang nail and falling to the dark side. Or a good talking to brings someone back from it. They play so fast and loose with exactly how things work that none of it makes sense really. Certainly the Jedi and Sith couldn't function in the real world and I still have to suspend major amounts of disbelief they do in this one.

Well... after the romance, that would be his bed too :p

Well, that’s gonna be awkward...someone install some anti-Lana blast doors. The same ones that she couldn’t budge when rescuing us will do.

Nefla, we agree on something! :)

Satele could have done just that - retired to some quiet planet to raise Theron. If he'd turned out to be Force sensitive, she could have trained him herself. Since the Jedi pride themselves on forgiveness, she probably could have returned to the order at some point when he was grown, if she wanted. She chose the order over her kid, and it did affect him negatively.

I agree with you on things, just not Lana related things lol

I feel like Satele had a massive ego, she thought that she alone was so important and that the war would be lost without her supreme contributions -_-

I agree with you on things, just not Lana related things lol

I feel like Satele had a massive ego, she thought that she alone was so important and that the war would be lost without her supreme contributions -_-

LOL, true, I just file my sweetheart into "topics we should probably not discuss with each other" now. :)

Satele does seem to have a huge ego, and she probably did think that she was the only one who could keep it all going. The bit in KOTFE where she was regretting some of her actions surprised me as much as my character. I still love the bit in the Black Talon where she says "let's solve this conflict together" to the player and then - no matter how polite and willing to talk you are - she makes it clear that nothing is actually up for discussion. :D

I still think it's awful that in KOTFE she's literally right next door to the Odessen base and never bothers even trying to reach out to Theron, except for that email. :(

LOL, true, I just file my sweetheart into "topics we should probably not discuss with each other" now. :)

Satele does seem to have a huge ego, and she probably did think that she was the only one who could keep it all going. The bit in KOTFE where she was regretting some of her actions surprised me as much as my character. I still love the bit in the Black Talon where she says "let's solve this conflict together" to the player and then - no matter how polite and willing to talk you are - she makes it clear that nothing is actually up for discussion. :D

I still think it's awful that in KOTFE she's literally right next door to the Odessen base and never bothers even trying to reach out to Theron, except for that email. :(

Didn't she try and attempt to talk to Theron at some point but he didn't want to? Or am I mistaken.:rak_02:

Didn't she try and attempt to talk to Theron at some point but he didn't want to? Or am I mistaken.:rak_02:

Not in KOTFE. :( I think there might be something in SoR, but I can't remember now. In KOTFE she sends him an email after that chapter where you're in the Odessen wilderness but she never does anything else to reach out. And if you tell Lana and Theron that you met Satele, he's totally surprised to learn she's been nearby.

She sent an email to Theron and Lana hacked it. In that mail, Satele wasn't happy at all. According to Lana, she said nasty things about us, so she sent a different mail to Theron instead.

It's in one of Lana's mails.

Considering the outlander wants to contact Satele after Umbara, that meeting will be... awkward... can't wait!!! :D I wonder if she'll blame us :p

Edited by Tadagyt

She sent an email to Theron and Lana hacked it. In that mail, Satele wasn't happy at all. According to Lana, she said nasty things about us, so she sent a different mail to Theron instead.

Considering the outlander wants to contact Satele after Umbara, that meeting will be... awkward... can't wait!!! :D I wonder if she'll blame us :p

That's only if the player attempts to kill/attack Satele at the end of that chapter. If that doesn't happen (and some of my characters don't even get the attack/kill option - I don't know why), Lana doesn't comment on the email or edit it.

What's funny is that earlier in the game you learn that both Lana and Theron are intercepting and reading everyone's emails, because they both FWD things that they've grabbed from other NPCs. :D :D :D

I thought that email outcome was only if you tried to attack Satele in the chapter with ehr and Marr. None of my characters got it, but a friend told me what he did and that he got it.

Makes sense she'd try and warn Theron if you attacked her, I also found it hilarious that Lana and Theron intercept all the mail.

Edited by Asmodesu

That's only if the player attempts to kill/attack Satele at the end of that chapter. If that doesn't happen (and some of my characters don't even get the attack/kill option - I don't know why), Lana doesn't comment on the email or edit it.

What's funny is that earlier in the game you learn that both Lana and Theron are intercepting and reading everyone's emails, because they both FWD things that they've grabbed from other NPCs. :D :D :D

:o I guess I play too many dark siders :D

:o I guess I play too many dark siders :D

What's weird is that I only play Imperials, usually Sith, I am usually pretty polite to Satele and let her help along with Marr...and sometimes the option has popped up and sometimes it hasn't, even when replaying the same character through the chapter. I am not sure if it's triggered by alignment only or something else...