(Bioanalysis) Lack of Grade 3 Compound missions

Skitzophrenik

Ok, my smuggler is Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy (247/245/202). Currently working on trying to get implants up to prototype/artifact level as well as medpacks and such up to artifact for level 24. Something I have noticed is that 3/4 of the schematics im working on require Hallucinogenic Compound (Grade 3 Biochemical Compound) and Im currently on Nar Shadaa (map says lvl 20-24) and have yet to get any Hallucinogenic Compound off nodes.

This naturally leaves me with Bioanalysis missions to get it (Im fine with this) except every time I go to send my team to do some missions to get said compound....3/4 of the missions are for first aid kits, processors, etc...hell I have YET to get a Rich Yield for grade 3 compounds...gotten it for everthing else in that tier but never seen a Rich yield Grade 3 Compound mission....and most of the time there is only 1 mission that gives Grade 3 compounds. So far I have never had such difficulty in trying to acquire such a massively required component for my schematics then Grade 3 tier. I honestly think you guys (Bioware) really need to look at adding in a few more Grade 3 Compound missions to the randomizer (or whatever you wanna call it).

I always seem to get one compound, one sample and the rest implant/first aid kits.

But when you get to Alderaan you'll be tripping over grade 3 items (don't forgot to kill the tigers)

Edited by GordonJ

• 4 weeks later...

What they need to do is adjust the schematics so we are not crafting stuff several levels below us. We are already 10 levels behind when we start crafting....

I'm having the same problem as the OP. According to tracking sites hallucinogenic compounds start dropping around Tatooine, that is a whole level off compared to the schematics listed by lvl. I was on Taris looking to craft level specific items and I needed a lvl 3 compound that I won't find for two more planets?!

Just another head up asssses syndrome BW continually has which will never get fixed in a patch. Filed as bug number 181237646198723654.8

But hey!! Emotes while in taxies now work!!! Woohooo !!!! Great *********** job devs!

Not sure what to tell you fellas, as I seem to have the opposite. Every once in a while i run into an issue where I'm short on mats for the item or implant im trying to craft, but generally by the time im done get the purples for the next up and coming level ill be hitting soon, I've got a couple hundred of each mat from each tier, and have a pretty large pool of mats for the next tier already started. Not sure if you guys are relying soley or mostly on hand picking and gathering your mats, or are sending out missions very often, less often, never.... So far though, in my experience with sending out a couple crew for bioanalysis missions, 1 for diplomacy medical supply missions and gathering whatever i happen across in questing, I end up with enough spare to make about a dozen or more duplicates of whatever implant etc that I end up throwing on the GTN.

It is possible as well, of course, to go and making an intentional, dedicated crafting trip to a planet a little ahead of you if your gathering skill is at that level. That might pool up enough to allow you to plan your crafting with a little more stability..?

• 1 year later...
What they need to do is adjust the schematics so we are not crafting stuff several levels below us. We are already 10 levels behind when we start crafting....

I'm having the same problem as the OP. According to tracking sites hallucinogenic compounds start dropping around Tatooine, that is a whole level off compared to the schematics listed by lvl. I was on Taris looking to craft level specific items and I needed a lvl 3 compound that I won't find for two more planets?!

Just another head up asssses syndrome BW continually has which will never get fixed in a patch. Filed as bug number 181237646198723654.8

But hey!! Emotes while in taxies now work!!! Woohooo !!!! Great *********** job devs!

With all the great updates this still has not been accomplished I hate being behind in crafting from the start its insane. I vote for this post a million times the recipes need adjusting or crafting levels totally re worked.

i always had that problem..a skill not according with level/planet..buy matson gtn until you reach the planet you need, send mats from other chars..finding your solution is part of the game

All that you have to do is keep your companions out on missions at all times while you are playing -

just churn the missions. You will find that you out level your needs with respect to the mats that you can gather. If you add to that, kill every silver or above beast and mine every node, you would be surprised how quickly that you level up.

The level 2, 3, and 4 compounds are dear and way expensive on the GTN, but if you keep running the missions as you play you will find that you have stacks of them. I just pull up bio (say when I am on a taxi) go through all of the 2 3, and 4a and run the rich and bountiful ones that come up.

The same is true for arch and scavaging.

• 5 months later...
All that you have to do is keep your companions out on missions at all times while you are playing -

just churn the missions. You will find that you out level your needs with respect to the mats that you can gather. If you add to that, kill every silver or above beast and mine every node, you would be surprised how quickly that you level up.

The level 2, 3, and 4 compounds are dear and way expensive on the GTN, but if you keep running the missions as you play you will find that you have stacks of them. I just pull up bio (say when I am on a taxi) go through all of the 2 3, and 4a and run the rich and bountiful ones that come up.

The same is true for arch and scavaging.

Nope, you obviously are talking about a different tier. Grade 3 with hallucinogenic compound is nearly impossible to find in both open world nodes / mobs / and is VERY VERY rare to get with Grade 3 Missions. And like the OP posted. You usually get 3 to 4 options for the Kits and Pachages, and only 1 for Samples and 1 for Compunds, IF you are lucky. Grade 3 is very borked and has been since launch. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't a clue what they are talking about and obviously just buys materials off the GTN to speed past the Grade. The only problem is that even on a really populated server, the Hallucinogenic compounds are rarely even available on the GTN, as they are super rare for everyone. So the ones that ARE up there, are so over priced that its not worth getting. I'm talking 5,000 each... which means it costs you 20,000 credits to make 1 build to level up 1 time.

There is a direct correlation between the amount of items on the GTN and how rare that items is... a super rare item has very few on the GTN... this is one of those cases

Ok, my smuggler is Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy (247/245/202). Currently working on trying to get implants up to prototype/artifact level as well as medpacks and such up to artifact for level 24. Something I have noticed is that 3/4 of the schematics im working on require Hallucinogenic Compound (Grade 3 Biochemical Compound) and Im currently on Nar Shadaa (map says lvl 20-24) and have yet to get any Hallucinogenic Compound off nodes.

This naturally leaves me with Bioanalysis missions to get it (Im fine with this) except every time I go to send my team to do some missions to get said compound....3/4 of the missions are for first aid kits, processors, etc...hell I have YET to get a Rich Yield for grade 3 compounds...gotten it for everthing else in that tier but never seen a Rich yield Grade 3 Compound mission....and most of the time there is only 1 mission that gives Grade 3 compounds. So far I have never had such difficulty in trying to acquire such a massively required component for my schematics then Grade 3 tier. I honestly think you guys (Bioware) really need to look at adding in a few more Grade 3 Compound missions to the randomizer (or whatever you wanna call it).

As I've stated, there are bottle-necks all over this system. You've run into one of them for your particular skill. There are, overall, a great many random, poorly formulated bottlenecks of this type that make no sense at all, as if they were randomly sprinkled in for no apparent reason.

Crafting for yourself simply doesn't work if you have no higher level characters to obtain mats... it is in crafting design that you find mat nodes at least 5 level beyond you.

And it was same in almost all MMOs I had seen.

It is simply an credit sink ... one of many sinks.

About lack of base mats - very bad design or bug.

Rare materials are mean to be rare... but base ones to be rare is not good.

• 1 year later...

I know I'm necro-posting, but this issue still exists in 2015.

Why, when opening up the Bioanalysis Grade 3 (level 25-32) missions, are four out of the five for items that can be purchased cheaply and immediately from the Crew Skill Trade Vendor?

Here's a current sampling of what I mean:

Mission 1: First Aid Kits, Hypo-syringes

Mission 2: D-Package Implant Processors

Mission 3: First Aid Kits, Hypo-syringes

Mission 4: D-Package Implant Processors

Mission 5: Grade 3 Biochemical Samples

There is definitely something wrong with Grade 3 (level 25-32) missions.

The other missions for Grades before and after Grade 3 are mostly for Compounds and Samples with one or maybe two Crew Skill Vendor items. Grade 3 is, and frustratingly has always been, an anomaly that needs an adjustment.

I know I'm necro-posting, but this issue still exists in 2015.

Why, when opening up the Bioanalysis Grade 3 (level 25-32) missions, are four out of the five for items that can be purchased cheaply and immediately from the Crew Skill Trade Vendor?

Here's a current sampling of what I mean:

Mission 1: First Aid Kits, Hypo-syringes

Mission 2: D-Package Implant Processors

Mission 3: First Aid Kits, Hypo-syringes

Mission 4: D-Package Implant Processors

Mission 5: Grade 3 Biochemical Samples

There is definitely something wrong with Grade 3 (level 25-32) missions.

The other missions for Grades before and after Grade 3 are mostly for Compounds and Samples with one or maybe two Crew Skill Vendor items. Grade 3 is, and frustratingly has always been, an anomaly that needs an adjustment.

Simply put, it is EXTREMELY rare for an MMO's crafting system to be "fixed" in the manner you desire. 99.99999% of the time the Devs learn from their mistakes and adjust the system going forward; they DO NOT go back and make corrections. The presumption is that most players are most concerned about top end crafting, so that is where they focus their efforts. And even then, because the crafting system is invariably the last aspect added to an expansion and is the least "play tested" QA is not the best, so mistakes get through.

Simply put, it is EXTREMELY rare for an MMO's crafting system to be "fixed" in the manner you desire. 99.99999% of the time the Devs learn from their mistakes and adjust the system going forward; they DO NOT go back and make corrections. The presumption is that most players are most concerned about top end crafting, so that is where they focus their efforts. And even then, because the crafting system is invariably the last aspect added to an expansion and is the least "play tested" QA is not the best, so mistakes get through.

I'm a software engineer who has worked on large and public projects so I know the processes and decision making that goes into triage and sprint planning. Still, though, current players will come here looking, as I did, for answers and providing confirmation that their experience is shared may give them some small comfort even if it doesn't resolve the issue.

Looking at what I wrote previously, though, it has a little more attitude and is more directed at the devs than I had intended when I posted it.

Edited by ZioGio

Im currently on Nar Shadaa (map says lvl 20-24) and have yet to get any Hallucinogenic Compound off nodes.

Much of the crafting materials are gotten from sources other than "nodes". For example, a lot of scavenging materials are gotten by "salvaging" defeated droids and other mechanical devices.

In the case of Bioanalysis, a lot of the mats are gotten by "gathering" from dead creatures. Just hover your mouse over a creature to see if you get the "gathering" icon, or look on the mini-map for the "node" symbol.

Nar Shadaa doesn't have a whole lot of creatures to kill, so you may not get many mats there, but you may find more creatures to kill on the next planet or the one before. Some of the Bioanalysis mats come mostly from dead creatures.

• 4 months later...

I also had issues gaining enough Hallucinogenic Compound as the missions don't yield enough for a viable solution. As pointed out by others on this thread if you go a couple of planets up, specifically Alderaan, you should find enough by camping certain node points.

To this end, I set up shop just sound of House Organa (as a Rep toon) in the middle of three spawn points. Still takes a little time but damn site faster, and cheaper, than running missions. Admittedly you can't do much else there but you could always watch a film or something as you camp.

Good hunting!

Edited by Byrath
typo

I also had issues gaining enough Hallucinogenic Compound as the missions don't yield enough for a viable solution. As pointed out by others on this thread if you go a couple of planets up, specifically Alderaan, you should find enough by camping certain node points.

To this end, I set up shop just sound of House Organa (as a Rep toon) in the middle of three spawn points. Still takes a little time but damn site faster, and cheaper, than running missions. Admittedly you can't do much else there but you could always watch a film or something as you camp.

Good hunting!

Kind of a necro here, but well intentioned.

Be aware that rumor has it (not allowed to refer to data mined information) that a number of crafting mats will be eliminated with the upcoming expansion (about a month away now). One is rumored (not allowed to refer to data mined info) to be Hallucinogenic Compound.