Looks like a big point of TOR has been destroyed...

Liamo

....information on the last episodes of The Clone Wars has come in. Looks like the Sith origin world is NOT Korriban, but a world called Moriband. The descriptions are just like Korriban so it seems like an FU to fans, imo.

If you want some semi-spoliers on the descriptions of the episodes head here http://jedinews.co.uk/default.aspx

You'll need to scroll down but it's all there.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly obvious to assume that someone wanted to write Korriban and wrote "Moriband" instead, either because he or she is incompetent or the "M" and "K" on the keyboard are too close - for example - and said individual couldn't be bothered to fix it.

Maybe some more potent stuff was involved as well, at the sound of Led Zeppelin or Jefferson Airplane.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It's really hard for me to belive that.

They can't take Korriban from SWTOR/KotOR and rename it. We saw concept arts and Korriban looked exactly like the current version from SWTOR. By doing this, changing basic lore so much... it's like a punch in faces of all Star Wars fans. I don't like this idea and I still hope that we will see both Korriban AND Moriband, or it will be explained somehow, or it's just an error.

We could well be seeing the first in a very long line of face-slapping rewrites and edits in Disney making its new canon. Considering that Korriban was established as the homeworld of the Sith long before even KoTOR was ever imagined, this is cause for great concern amongst the community.

No matter what, dark times lay ahead.

Clarification added since the original post:

Here's some confirmation from our friend Christoph Wolf over in Germany regarding the potential confusion over a planet name listed for the forthcoming Lost Missions episodes of The Clone Wars.

We got in touch with Super RTL to specifically ask them about the Moriband thing, and here's what their spokesman said.

"We have kept to the text presets given to us by Disney / Lucasfilm. To be on the safe side, we just took a second look at the original English text, and there it definitely says 'Moriband'."

So unless you want to believe that either Disney / Lucasfilm is trolling innocent German TV channels or that I am trolling innocent international fan sites (which sounds like a good idea for April 1st, BTW ;-)), Moriband is the real deal.

laaaaaame.... but then again Korriban, Ziost and Dromund Kaas have all been called the "Homeworld" of the Sith at various times, so really, what's one more?

It's hard to know for sure until the whole story is released.

Much like Kamino and Nathema were removed from star charts, I'm sure someone could have replaced Korriban's name and history in order to hide its true identity from the Jedi and preserve its future.

"Nathema? I've never heard of it."

"Once it went by another name, but that name has long been forgotten… just like the planet itself. The Emperor erased Nathema from the history books and the astrogation charts to hide all evidence of his crimes."

―Scourge and Darth Nyriss

Edited by RAZIM

We could well be seeing the first in a very long line of face-slapping rewrites and edits in Disney making its new canon. Considering that Korriban was established as the homeworld of the Sith long before even KoTOR was ever imagined, this is cause for great concern amongst the community.

No matter what, dark times lay ahead.

Script for Season 6/Bonus Conent was written few years ago and it will be Lucas's fault if Korriban's name will be changed.

Lucas's fault

I'm good with laying the blame solely on him, too; personally, this whole new Clone Wars series has been nothing but a pile of retconned crap form its very inception. Hell, anything outside the actual films (and even much within them - stop editing to classics!) in which Lucas has had a hand in these last several years has been garbage as far as I'm concerned.

I don't have a source, but I read some things that indicate that this is not a typo. So from now on the Sith are not from Korriban, they're from Morriband. It is a replacement that only illustrates a lack of creativity, seriously it's Korriban minus the "k" and plus an "m" and "d." Also, it just plain sounds worse. I'm convinced that this is just a retcon for the lols. Although, I wonder why they didn't pick a more creative name.

I really hope this doesn't kill TOR; it's one of my favorite prices of EU at the moment. I'm really tired of having things I love about the EU retconned by a kids' cartoon, it's really frustrating. And the replacement is never better.

...Beginning of off topic rant about Clone Wars ...

How could covering the Clone Wars in a cart ton aimed for kids be a good idea any way. The actual subject matter is supposed to be dark. It's meant to be a series of brutal battles that kill off many Jedi and spread them very thin. From that point they are able to be slaughtered by their friends whom they fought with for years. The individual battles should be far more brutal than the Galactic Civil War. Instead of a small rebellion, you have two large armies. The battles should have massive casualties and be long, think Jabiim from the Republic comics. Also, the galaxy has been at peace for a thousand years. That would make the war a lot worse because no one has a comparable experiencd. The brutality needs to be apparent, otherwise you are not doing the war justice. You can't do that with this shows target audience. Sure you can show parts to it for that age and portray the war well (like the micro series), but not the majority of the conflict. The original multimedia project captured the right feel; the new show is just cheapening the conflict and destroying a large amount of great stories and characters.

Edited by cjlcw

How could covering the Clone Wars in a cart ton aimed for kids be a good idea any way. The actual subject matter is supposed to be dark. It's meant to be a series of brutal battles that kill off many Jedi and spread them very thin. From that point they are able to be slaughtered by their friends whom they fought with for years. The individual battles should be far more brutal than the Galactic Civil War. Instead of a small rebellion, you have two large armies. The battles should have massive casualties and be long, think Jabiim from the Republic comics. Also, the galaxy has been at peace for a thousand years. That would make the war a lot worse because no one has a comparable experiencd. The brutality needs to be apparent, otherwise you are not doing the war justice. You can't do that with this shows target audience. Sure you can show parts to it for that age and portray the war well (like the micro series), but not the majority of the conflict. The original multimedia project captured the right feel; the new show is just cheapening the conflict.

I have a lot of issues with TCW, mostly in the area of pointless retcons (Asajj Ventress is now half-Zabrak and not a Rattataki at all? What?! Why?!) but one area where I actually give it plenty of credit is in showing that programming for kids doesn't have to be "dumbed down" and can actually tackle serious subject matter.

TCW makes a point to humanize the Clones, even when arguably the whole point of them was to be disposable cannon fodder, so that it matters when you see not just "faceless clone #43" getting shot down during the requisite "cool action scene" , but also see "Echo," the guy they've gotten to know over half a dozen episodes, die tragically in battle. They also have episodes like Heroes on Both Sides that specifically set out to show that war isn't as simple as "good guys" vs "bad guys", and episodes that were willing to challenge the status quo like with Ahsoka's decision towards the Jedi in The Wrong Jedi.

For every goofy, "kid-friendly" episode like The Gungan General, you had legitimately exciting action episodes like Landing at Point Rain, creepy and even disturbing episodes like Monster, and interesting character pieces like The Deserter.

Shows like The Clone Wars and Avatar: The Last Airbender are pretty impressive for how they've demonstrated that a show for children doesn't have to compromise telling a compelling story or engaging with complex issues and characters.

I don't have a source, but I read some things that indicate that this is not a typo. So from now on the Sith are not from Korriban, they're from Morriband. It is a replacement that only illustrates a lack of creativity, seriously it's Korriban minus the "k" and plus an "m" and "d." Also, it just plain sounds worse. I'm convinced that this is just a retcon for the lols. Although, I wonder why they didn't pick a more creative name.
Its a typo. Period.

The Gungan General[/i], you had legitimately exciting action episodes like Landing at Point Rain, creepy and even disturbing episodes like Monster, and interesting character pieces like The Deserter.
Then they ramp it up to awesome with things like The Lawless and They Jedi Who Knew Too Much. Great episodes.

It really is. There's nothing we can do.

I have a lot of issues with TCW, mostly in the area of pointless retcons (Asajj Ventress is now half-Zabrak and not a Rattataki at all? What?! Why?!) but one area where I actually give it plenty of credit is in showing that programming for kids doesn't have to be "dumbed down" and can actually tackle serious subject matter.

TCW makes a point to humanize the Clones, even when arguably the whole point of them was to be disposable cannon fodder, so that it matters when you see not just "faceless clone #43" getting shot down during the requisite "cool action scene" , but also see "Echo," the guy they've gotten to know over half a dozen episodes, die tragically in battle. They also have episodes like Heroes on Both Sides that specifically set out to show that war isn't as simple as "good guys" vs "bad guys", and episodes that were willing to challenge the status quo like with Ahsoka's decision towards the Jedi in The Wrong Jedi.

For every goofy, "kid-friendly" episode like The Gungan General, you had legitimately exciting action episodes like Landing at Point Rain, creepy and even disturbing episodes like Monster, and interesting character pieces like The Deserter.

Shows like The Clone Wars and Avatar: The Last Airbender are pretty impressive for how they've demonstrated that a show for children doesn't have to compromise telling a compelling story or engaging with complex issues and characters.

I know, but I wish it was even darker. I really did enjoy certain episodes, but on a whole it doesn't fit with how I precieve the Clone Wars. My opinion may also be affected because of another thing I heard. Apparento the show was aiming at potrayong the Clones as programmed tocarry out order 66; like they had no free will in the matter. And then the retcons really spoil the show for me. Greivous was turned into the typical cartoon villain (wanted to be a hero but couldn't speak now he kills them), Darth Maul surviving, Obi-Wan and Satine, Barriss Offee, Assajj Ventress, Ahsoka, Anakin's knighting, and now this. Those things really spoil the show for me. Although, I do agree that they do a good job with the show and some of the episodes are truly great (I liked most of the ones I have watched) it's just I'm not a fan of the show on a whole.

Edited by cjlcw

The "homeworld" of the Sith has been said to be both Korriban and Ziost...isn't it possible that Morriband is just another planet in that system that the Sith may have migrated to/from?

EDIT: According to the preview for Clone Wars season 6:

Guided by the Force, Yoda travels to the heart of the galaxy. There, on the planet where he finds the origin of the Force, he must face difficult trials. Only upon passing them will the Sages deem him worthy of learning the deepest mysteries of the Force....

Please no.

Edited by DarthVitrial

The "homeworld" of the Sith has been said to be both Korriban and Ziost...isn't it possible that Morriband is just another planet in that system that the Sith may have migrated to/from?

EDIT: According to the preview for Clone Wars season 6:

Please no.

That might be the "Whills." If so, it goes back to the earliest of days for Star Wars.

Apparenlty, the entirety of the post-ROTJ EU is out..and not just out...read this...this seems like someone is just having some lulz at Disney...http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/01/new-star-wars-episode-7-rumors-more-on.html

Yeah if the post ROTJ EU is now gone, retconing Korriban out of existence means most of the pre Prequel Trilogy EU is also gone. The only thing that would maybe still in canon is the Darth Bane stuff.

Anything related to the Old Republic era like TOR, Kotor or Tales of the Jedi no longer makes any sense without Korriban.

Edited by OldVengeance

First off, this will NOT affect SWTOR in any way, shape or form. TCW takes place a long time after the events of this game. It takes place nearly 1,000years after the last Sith Empire was destroyed and Bane started using the Rule of Two. Moriband is just the name of a different planet that the Order knows about at the time of the Clone Wars, at the most.

Second thing to consider, and has been pointed out by someone else. Korriban, Dromund Kaas and Ziost have all been called Sith Homeworlds. Would it really surprise anyone else that this Moriband would be considered a "home-world as well? Again, considering the time period, this will not affect TOR.

Seriously, folks, stop over-reacting to little bits of news like this. We still do not even know if this is entirely real but just some prank they want to pull for April 1st. Whether it is real or not keep this in mind...Korriban is still ONE of the Sith "home-worlds" and will remain so. This is not a retconn just for the sake of retconning nor a slap in our faces. Not unless someone high up, like Leland Chee, tells us the Story Group decided to do away with Korriban completely. Remember, all the buzz going around is how the Post Rotj EU will be hit hard and the Old Republic era will be pretty much left alone.

First off, this will NOT affect SWTOR in any way, shape or form. TCW takes place a long time after the events of this game. It takes place nearly 1,000years after the last Sith Empire was destroyed and Bane started using the Rule of Two. Moriband is just the name of a different planet that the Order knows about at the time of the Clone Wars, at the most.

Second thing to consider, and has been pointed out by someone else. Korriban, Dromund Kaas and Ziost have all been called Sith Homeworlds. Would it really surprise anyone else that this Moriband would be considered a "home-world as well? Again, considering the time period, this will not affect TOR.

Seriously, folks, stop over-reacting to little bits of news like this. We still do not even know if this is entirely real but just some prank they want to pull for April 1st. Whether it is real or not keep this in mind...Korriban is still ONE of the Sith "home-worlds" and will remain so. This is not a retconn just for the sake of retconning nor a slap in our faces. Not unless someone high up, like Leland Chee, tells us the Story Group decided to do away with Korriban completely. Remember, all the buzz going around is how the Post Rotj EU will be hit hard and the Old Republic era will be pretty much left alone.

Yeah I don't think you get the issue here, like, at all. Ziost and Kaas has never been considered to be THE Sith homeworld, simply Sith worlds steeped in the dark side and a part of the first Empire. Korriban is the actual birth place, this has never been in question. Show me a source that says otherwise.

You can't, because there isn't one.

And second, no one has said ANYTHING about how TOR is connected to the TCW, so I have no idea whatsoever what your first paragraph is about.

The *actual* problem here is, that if they all of a sudden pull a new Sith homeworld out from thin air, it goes against *everything* that has ever been written about the Sith origins. If it's just another Sith world, like Kaas or Ziost then there is no problem.

Edited by Jandi