Visions and Visionaries

Suzina

Hm, I only died because the final boss was lvl 47 while I was rushing through the Voss class quest series and thus, was only level 43 (assassin @ madness) at that point. That was the first time when I recognized that it's not much fun when your interrupts are magically denied and your weapon doesn't seem to do much damage anymore.

Came back as a level 45 to close the gap and was surprised how easy it was to finish him off.

Though I have to admit that I had Talos as healer companion with me both times.

Edited by Ryu_Wanderfalke

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to this quest is to not use Khem Val. The quest is nearly impossible when using Khem, because he is not effective against either boss.

Use Talos Drellik on heal spec for this quest. I tried this quest more than a half dozen times with Khem Val (fully geared) and failed each time. Then I used Talos Drellik (mediocre gear) on heal spec and breezed thru this quest in one try.

Talos Drellik is the trick to success on the Visions and Visionaries quest.

May the force be with you.

I just finished this yesterday as a 44 madness sorc. I tried with Khem and got beat down bad. I used Talos, and faired better, but still got beat. Ashara finally saved my butt. I grabbed agro and healed myself and dotted.

What finally got me through it, I think, was as someone stated earlier, don't try to interupt everything. You have to pick and choose.

That stupid chain light was the one that was getting me. Everything else can be dodged or healed through.

i personally never had any problems with any of the quests while i was leveling my sorcerer :3 but this was when the hybrid was out... how i miss those days of glory and when my original and still favorite class was actually good for DPS. These days, i get laughed at and am told to reroll to another toon each time i come to any event (pvp or pve), but i can still shock people with what i can do. It does go to show that knowing your class pays off, but it's daunting when every other class is better than you at everything(with their respective roles dps vs dps and healing vs healing). I retired her for a while, logging onto her to make money and craft stuff, but my marauder and operative(which aren't nearly as well geared as her) are not putting out better DPS than she is... Thank you Bioware for making all those hours that I've spent working on and learning my class wasted because you cater to the whining of bad PvPers.

Words cannot describe how pissed off this mission has made me. I had to log off just there cause any more tries I would have broken something.

I'm a level 48 sorc! Well overlevelled for it and can't even get past Zash. Used stims, medlpacs and my heroic moment but of course she still nukes the **** out of me too fast. This wouldn't even annoy me too much if you weren't forced to only respawm at a medcenter, which of course is on the other side of that part of the map, meaning you have to run through endless amounts of nexu and, as I unfortunately experience some lag, one of the prerequisites of lag is that you are thrown into every mob around and then your game subsequently freezes momentarily so you get knocked off your speeder. After running at a snails pace, spamming static shield on myself as I run from about 5 mobs of nexu, enough is enough. I'll get a guild member to help me out tomorrow but seriously bioware, how f'ing ridiculously hard! And from reading this I see that's not even the end of it. Absolutely insane. I normally always joke that this game is so easy, but this mission is beyond ridiculous.

I'm in pretty much the same boat- several levels above the quest- all orange gear that is just recently tricked out to the best mod/enhanc/crystals/armor/etc/etc/ad nauseum that my credits can buy. Have tried to get through Zash 12 times with every combination of tactics and companions that I can think of and am still at less than zero as far a progress is concerned.

At least count yourself lucky that you can call on a guildmate- all of mine work the nightshift so, the only time we can get together is on weekends... and those toons are at a completely different level.... So much for being able to enjoy this game without a full team. Worse irony is that we all deliberately picked this MMO because it was supposed to allow us to enjoy a game on our own once in a while because we can't get together all the time.

All I can say is that this mission is definitely not the best of first impressions and, honestly, I'm hoping that maybe I just picked the wrong class because so far, the only consistent pieces of advice that I've seen posted is either A) get a friend or B) get a bunch of uber-gear both of which are hard to follow for someone attempting to get a little solo game-time in who hasn't been there since day one of beta.

Oh well, maybe she'll be good for crafting or something or maybe I'll just email the credits to a new toon and just delete her- can't say the slot won't be used- and there's always the slow slog of streetsweeping... Hopefully it'll work out.

Edited by Dallayna

• 2 weeks later...

I had some issues with this one too. I lost track of the number of times I was dying. For me, it was a lot of not being aware of my surroundings suddenly finding myself battling all the flame creatures and the enemy I was fighting, especially when the flame creatures respawn even after you kill them. I killed loads of flame creatures because they kept respawning, so it would have been a bit easier if it weren't for them. It took me longer to beat Zash than Thanaton. I can't even remember what I did but I made it through and didn't give up. It probably didn't help that I was determined to use certain companions over others but I made it.

Those ghosts can be extremely troublesome.

I had some issues with this one too. I lost track of the number of times I was dying. For me, it was a lot of not being aware of my surroundings suddenly finding myself battling all the flame creatures and the enemy I was fighting, especially when the flame creatures respawn even after you kill them. I killed loads of flame creatures because they kept respawning, so it would have been a bit easier if it weren't for them. It took me longer to beat Zash than Thanaton. I can't even remember what I did but I made it through and didn't give up. It probably didn't help that I was determined to use certain companions over others but I made it.

Those ghosts can be extremely troublesome.

I've actually been back a few times... Still haven't managed to actually get past it- but, my failures may prove some use to those who are tired of the same three "explanations":

1) I ROCK!!! I have the most uber-elite equipment that there IS and/or I AM JUST THAT GOOD...

2) I got SOME FRIENDS to help me out.....

3) NO IDEA how I got past that and you didn't....

Anyway, I think that what's going on is that-

Well, for those of you who did get past this mission without "rocking", or having friends kill them for you.... When these guys hit you? About how much damage did it do?

Was it half your Health even with purped out oj's?.... Was it half your Health for one hit even with- well, any kind of armor?

See, just to check it out- I went ahead and re armored up with some simple greens- no big- just greens. I went through those missions. I got my brains beaten out (obviously).

BUT.

Then, I tried the same thing with the highest armor I had....

Same thing. TO THE SAME DEGREE

I swear those hits were even for similar amounts each time because it took the precise same "two hits" for me to go down.....

On the lesser armor? I should have gone down in one.... Or, at least, there should have been some difference in timing/number of hits... But.... there wasn't.....

This tells me that something is affecting some players- but not others.... Something is causing the system to completely ignore any kind of armor that our characters are wearing....

Regardless, however, this does still leave us with the question of what are we supposed to do in order to complete our class missions when we have LFG'd until your fingers are numb to no effect? Just give up? Just continue to wait? Just go away?

Does anyone have any suggestions on another class that I can finish? Because, I really have got to assume that this is not standard that you can only advance in this game if you have twenty friends, a hundred hours experience or millions of in-game currency to blow. So, I am just going to come back to this class later and hopefully they will have fixed the mechanics or solved whatever bug keeps killing folks.

Edited by Dallayna

• 3 months later...
The key to this quest is to not use Khem Val. The quest is nearly impossible when using Khem, because he is not effective against either boss.

Use Talos Drellik on heal spec for this quest. I tried this quest more than a half dozen times with Khem Val (fully geared) and failed each time. Then I used Talos Drellik (mediocre gear) on heal spec and breezed thru this quest in one try.

Talos Drellik is the trick to success on the Visions and Visionaries quest.

May the force be with you.

This! You have to use talos, he also stuns quite a bit which is helpful. I was using the gear he came with too, because I always used khem. Now I always use talos. The DPS might not be there but I don't die.

I beat thanaton @ 42 with a lightning sorc. Run around the goblet, you start at, and LOS him. Was so easy even @ 42.

• 1 month later...

I was a corruption spec sorc for these fights, and I had a hard time against several of these fights until I figured out one thing.

When these bosses cast their heal-over-time spell (I think it's Revivification) on themselves, it will greatly prolong the duration of the fight. This causes you to burn through more resources and cooldowns, and means they have more time to kill you. So the most important thing to do is to interrupt their heals.

So I did it like this:

1. Static Barrier up myself and my companion, then send him to tank.

2. As companion takes damage, continuing to use Static Barrier and Resurgence to keep him alive while throwing some damage on the boss.

3. When boss starts to cast his heal, hit him with an interrupt (generally Jolt).

4. Switch to healing companion back to full while Jolt is on cooldown.

5. Basically, repeat steps 2-4.

When I tried this strategy I was surprised by how much more quickly I was able to win these fights.

Now I don't feel so bad lol :p

I solo'd Dream Walking portion at 41 and was cussing and b*tching the whole time :D . Tough fights definitely - as they were the first time underleveled. But if you think this is bad wait til you get to the next part. I'm getting another level or two for them. We tried it twice and got creamed both times lol.

Keys to the fights for me - if you didn't already: clear all the rooms first - then do the harder fights. As said above, heal Khem (if you're using him, I always use him) interrupt heals and the AOE for Zash and Thanaton. Thundering blast is bad, but manageable - AOE (forget the name) hits both of you and for more (I think) unless you LOS him pulling Khem out. For me that was more of a pain than healing through the one or two times I couldn't interrupt it. Don't be afraid to let Khem die if they only have a bit of health left, even though I have free force lightning (talented get back 1% each use) it's just faster to keep DPSing instead of switching to heals again. I left him die to Zash with her at about 15% I think maybe less, and I had just enough force to bubble myself and stun her once, then finished her off. I'm sure it irritated him but the point is she's dead (again) lol. Thanaton he had a tiny sliver of health left.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried soloing the dream walking bit at lvl 41 and got creamed. I came back at 42 with Khem as a tank and died once to Zash and once to Thanaton, and I was really pleased at that. This was crazy hard for me as well, though I should have used Heroic Moment and maybe it'd have been easier!

42 Sorc - Madness build with lightning